Filipino hsw in turkey

Hi there, gotta question. I have hired a filipino lady for hsw that ı trust and we made our contract, she got her work visa and we have got our work permit card from turkish authorities. Şo all set legally. But ı believe there is this poea thingy back in philliphines. She is currently in malaysia and we are considering her direct flight to İstanbul. According to your experience, would she face any problems at turkish immigration since she does not have her poea authorization?

I would appriciate youranswers.

Cheers.

Tolga

(Moderated: off topic + post in the jobs section)

Hi to all Filipino Community in Istanbul? Do you know any family who is in need of an English tutor? I'm very interested to come and work in Turkey anytime.I prefered to be a direct hired because the training here will cost a lot.
Thanks! Looking forward to hear from all your suggestions.
Regards,
Evelyn

Hi, Evelyn.. I think you can find a work here as an English teacher. However, you have to come here. I don't think there will be a school/company who would be hiring someone from Philippines as there are many Europeans coming here and would be easily available for any job offer. I'm not saying that it would be impossible because I'm not an expert on these things but you'll have a greater chance if you come here and look for a job as a teacher. It would also be good if you have a TEFL/CELTA certificate when you come. It is somewhat a requirement for teaching here. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Thank you for your reply. :)

hi all filipino in turkey have a great and nice day!!!!
im willing to come there in turkey

Hi to all Filipino Community in Istanbul.

hellooo Istanbul!

hi hello!!! saan ka d2 sa pinas

Hello,

@ jenniferberdol > Please note that this is the Anglophone forum of Istanbul. It would be great if you could post your messages in English only so that everyone else can understand you.

@ oyyitsmelyn > I suggest that you post an ad in the Language teacher jobs in Istanbul for your search.

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

[moderated: off topic + please post your ad in the jobs section]

Hello
I am looking for a philippine nanny in Ankara.

Hello Elnara_h

Please drop your advert in the appropriate section : Personal and household services jobs in Ankara

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Jennifer,
I would be interested to hear how you managed to come to Turkey - did you have to find a job first (via POEA?). My fiancée is from the Philippines and has been working in the Republic of Cyprus for the past 4½ years. In October she will complete her contract and we want to get married and live in Turkey (I am British but live in, and own a property in Muğla, Turkey).

I understand that for her to move to Turkey she would have to return to the Philippines to get a visa – a process which could take up to a year! As we are getting married I am sure that there must be a quicker, and more logical, way of her being able to join me in Turkey as soon as we get married (or if she is granted a short-term visa we could then get married in Turkey)? We will then be able to apply for a Residency Permit for her to live in Turkey.

If she is in South side it may be thougher for her to enter mainland Turkey. She may obtain a visa only in Athens I believe.

Thanks iltertolga, I think you might be right - so we might just have to live in Greece - or maybe in North Cyprus! But she thinks that as soon as her current work permit runs out in October she will have to return to Manila to get another visa - I was just hoping that there was an easier way.

Hi....I think she can go to turkey with a tourist visa then from Turkey she can fix her residence permit and you can marry here in Turkey as long as she has all her legal documents to marry..I hope this.might help you. God bless.

Thanks lou.bc - my fiancee has told me that she will have to return to Manila to get her tourist visa! It sounds crazy that she can't do it online, but i have contacted the Philippine embassy in Cyprus and Ankara (Turkey) and they say she has got to go back to Manilia! HELP - has anyone on the site managed to do this without going back "home"!!!

@dimps99
Is it bec she is in Cyprus that's why she cant get her visa from there? I got my turkish visa and i was in Denmark. If she really has to go home, she can take the visa right away. It only took me a week to get one(first time I visited Turkey). However, the Turkish Embassy can be a bit strict with the documents needed. I had to reappeal for mine bec it was rejected the first time I applied for it. When she gets her tourist visa, yeah u can get married here. But then u must have all her documents ready as Filipinos only have 15days as tourist(I was able to extend mine tho with some help). Good luck. ;-)

If she is going back home in the philippines its quite difficult to get a visa there...believe me...if you want you can get in touch with the filipino community in Istanbul. The president of the organization knows everything about this kind of issue.

what i know is that as long as she has still valid visa in cyprus she will be able to get a visa here in turkey for 15 days and you will be able to extend her visa for 6 months i think (not sure)....

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links / groups / websites not allowed.

Thank you so much kavimuchi, that gives me so much hope that everything will work out okay!

Salamat mahal kita (= thank you).

Dimps

Salamat (thank you) lou.bc - that give me so much hope for our future!

Dimps xx

Welcome. Good luck to both of u. 😉