Getting a job as a doctor in Fiji

I am a South African-trained doctor with 30 years experience in surgery, anaesthetics, emergency medicine, general practice and air ambulance work. I a looking to move to Fiji and need to find a job. Does anyone have experience or advice to offer?

Why not find out contact details for hospitals in Fiji and then contact them....

Hi ron.kemper,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

The following link might be helpful: http://www.medicstravel.co.uk/CountryHo … s/Fiji.htm

It contains the contact details of some hospitals in Fiji.

I invite you to get in touch with them to see if there are any vacancies.

Please feel free to share any information on the forum.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa

Hi Ron,

I live and work in Nadi (construction business)

Good that you have experience working in South Africa; I previously worked in Gambia and Senegal. With that background, the poor condition of public health facilities here will not shock you. Buildings are shabby, dirty and run down, but the staff are dedicated and the quality of care generally good.

A man with your experience should make contact with the HR dept at Suva Private Hospital.
Address
120 Amy Street Tooorak
Private Mail Bag
Suva

Tel: (679) 3303 404
Fax: (679) 3303 456

Check the Fiji Times job section in the Saturday edition each week, all the NGO and university jobs will be listed there. classifieds.fijitimes.com- Fiji Times Classifieds

You cannot come to Fiji on spec and jobsearch, to enter on a work permit you must have a standing offer of a job and an application for a 6-month permit lodged by the prospective employer. Once in country your employer can make application for a second permit, which is for 3 years. After 5 years legal residence you will be entitled to make application for citizenship (3 years if you are the spouse of a citizen).

BEST OF LUCK!

Thank you for taking the trouble to get in touch. And thanks for the useful tips.

yea thats lots of jobs in Fiji especially in the medical field.There are short of doctors and nurses so just pop     online and there yu go . have a nice day

PLEASE HOW TO REGISTER WITH MEDICAL COUNCIL FIJI

AHMEDKHAN wrote:

PLEASE HOW TO REGISTER WITH MEDICAL COUNCIL FIJI

Please do not post in uppercase as this is considered the same as shouting at someone.   

I suggest you contact a the medical council of Fiji or contact a hospital for the information.

u r right