What's Your Pain Tolerance?

Everyone struggles with pain at some point, but how do you tolerate a pain?
Do you need always to depend on pain-killers?

It says female can tolerate pain more than male!
Any idea guys?? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOxyrrmu … Z0TygaZFqQ

Watch the video, then ask if you could go through that with nothing to kill the pain.
With the right frame of mind, no problem, as you will notice with the total lack of any screams from me.

Edit - I even managed to video the thing - what can I say, I'm a camera anorak.

was that you?? With the wound??  :o

If it was headache I would just drink coffee and sleep
But if the pain was a wound like in the video mas Fred posted of course a pin killer is needed

If you concentrate on that particular point where exactly you have pain will give you big relief...........

I never take any medicines for Pain. I let my WBC to do their work and in the mean time if it happens; I just take a bit of rest :)

If you can bare the delivery pain, you have a high pain tolerate.

I am a firm believer in "better living" through pharmacology :D:D:D

Bob K

mal wrote:

Sure was - I have great legs, yes?

Primadonna wrote:

No male can be able to comment on this..............but as per knowledge without experience its fact.................

Primadonna wrote:

That's  why we woman can endure the pain better than man

I spent most of my life surrounded by Democrats and Republicans.  I can tolerate anything.

aryavrat wrote:
Primadonna wrote:

No male can be able to comment on this..............but as per knowledge without experience its fact.................

I have one child, another on the way.
I put them in there and there was no pain worth talking about.
I think women tend to ' build up'  the story a little.

I will now hide behind the sofa.

Make sure you have a helmet and kelvar vest on as well.

Bob K

And how long you want to be hiding behind the sofa Mas Fred in full package like Bob suggested?  :dumbom:

There where two Dutch television presenters who want to experience how it like to be in labor and how painful it is.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlsPXpR2ORU

It says there will be subtitles but unfortunately the aren't. This is the best video to watch.

I grew up in the country in America (Pennsylvania), and remember one time that my father cut his leg open with a chainsaw when we were out collecting firewood.  The part that amazed me was he didn't stop working; we finished what we were doing, and he bled a good bit, and then we went back home and treated the wound.  It was a lesson in stoicism for me.

It probably wasn't much of a wound anyway, not as bad as it looked, and the blood probably helped clean it out.  Another thing I took from the experience is that sometimes things are sort of a matter of perspective.  He could have went into shock, and rushed to the hospital, but it really was no big deal.

bkk tea blog wrote:

I grew up in the country in America (Pennsylvania), and remember one time that my father cut his leg open with a chainsaw when we were out collecting firewood.  The part that amazed me was he didn't stop working; we finished what we were doing, and he bled a good bit, and then we went back home and treated the wound.  It was a lesson in stoicism for me.

That's a generational thing.  They lose limbs and say it's just a scratch.  My generation gets a paper cut and calls in sick.

You are right with that one Haliey. Does not take much for people to call in sick these days. No backbone.

stumpy wrote:

You are right with that one Hailey. Does not take much for people to call in sick these days. No backbone.

When I worked for a really crap company, I took all available sick days as holidays - we felt entitled to them.
Once I entered a small company, almost none.
I managed to get chicken pox as an adult, but after a week off work, I arranged to work behind the shop, smashing up the old TVs that had managed to build up there.
In 20 odd years, I've had 5 days off sick.

Added.
I've worked with broken fingers, broken ribs, a broken nose and one eye closed because of a blunt force trauma that required a string of seven stitches above my eye.
The blisters on my balls were really bad, but I did my best to walk anyway and didn't take time off work.
Well, you try walking with bad blisters on the balls of your feet, it isn't easy.

mas fred wrote:

Added.
I've worked with broken fingers, broken ribs, a broken nose and one eye closed because of a blunt force trauma that required a string of seven stitches above my eye.
The blisters on my balls were really bad, but I did my best to walk anyway and didn't take time off work.
Well, you try walking with bad blisters on the balls of your feet, it isn't easy.

OK OK Fred, We have to believe that you are the one with the highest pain tolerance  ;);)

mas fred wrote:
mal wrote:

Sure was - I have great legs, yes?

Yep, great legs :shy

I had people work for me that after 8 years had not one day of sick time accumulated and others that had use 1 or 2 days over the same time. Personally for me over 20 years in my office I missed 1.5 days because I was too sick to work.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

I had people work for me that after 8 years had not one day of sick time accumulated and others that had use 1 or 2 days over the same time. Personally for me over 20 years in my office I missed 1.5 days because I was too sick to work.

Bob K

You are healthy! Bless you!!! :)

Thank you. My point is that many will abuse the system

Bob K

endorphine stimulation :D

Meet other expats and join the events

OR