Anyone out there living in Charent Maritime?

Hi there, I'm Nicky, about to move from the Charente where I've been housesitting since last November, to Ile d'Oleron to be with my scrummy French boyfriend.

There seems to be a shortage of English speakers on the island, and I wonder whether any of you lovely people may live on or close to the Island?

It would be great to hear from anyone who does...please let me know?

Cheers!
N

Hi Nicky ;)
I am Jonah newly living in Charente-Maritime with my French boyfriend.
Yeah! you are right shortage of English speakers in this place & it feels me so difficult :(

Cheers!

Hi!  I live in La Rochelle as my husband is French.  I have been here a year and still am not having luck meeting other expats.  They must exist!  If you are ever in the city let me know and we can have coffee.  Good luck.  :)

Bonjour Nicky ;)

I live in Gemozac a bit far in La Rochelle. I think, when I saw on google map.

I hope we can have more coffee, but unfortunately I will be moving in Paris for work by this week. Anyways time to time I will visit here since my boyfriend & some people I had met in this town they are real people with good heart.

Good luck to you too & have a great day :)

Hey Nicky

I'm not at Ile d'Oleron, but up in LA Rochelle, so if u are ever come up this way, u are most welcome
to drop by. Regarding Oleron, I spent 3 weeks there last year. I fully believe that if u are not content
with social life there, try to move on. It's dead. Or, maybe u meet a lot of interesting people thru
yr boyfriend, what do I know...

hello to all of you, i was there 2 years ago in Jonzac and just moved to Bordeaux last month.To tell you guys the truth, I wasn't able to make or meet any friends there and it's pretty hard for me though because i was living in a rural place. Hopefully there will be a changes after i moved here  :)

Hi there! sorry for delayed reply! I'm actually on Ile d'Oleron, but we do occasionally come over to La Rochelle. A coffee would be a great idea....perhaps I could msg you when I'm next heading that way?

Thanks for getting in touch.

All the best
Nicky

Hi there
Thanks for your reply, wow you clearly had quite a negative experience here! Well, I know some neighbours and friends of friends, and am hoping to start an art class soon which may help...and yes b/f has many interesting friends...but know what you mean about it being dead! crazy in summer, dead in winter...may move on to his place in Bordeaux if it doesn't improve soon....

Thanks for the message and maybe will take you up on the invite when I'm next in La Rochelle?

Cheers
Nicky