"Visit Visa Extensions" can now be done online at moi.gov.sa

For all interested parties:

"Visit Visa Extensions" can now be done online at
http://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/moi/eservices:D

Conditions:
1. you must be registered on "Abshir"
2. extension fee must be paid before following the online process.

After many hours over the last 2 days at Jawazaat Riyadh, I successfully extended a family members visit visa using this service.

GOOD move, thank you for sharing

Yes, now we can extend family visas online, no need to stand in queues. I just did.

It worked! Just had mine renewed :)

What to do with this printed paper? Does it need to be stamped or validated by jawazat?

Just keep as it is

i am also trying to renew my mother's visa but i am getting the "VV can be renewed before seven days before expiry or within three days after expiry"
any hepl

i am also trying to renew my mother's visa but i am getting the "VV can be renewed before seven days before expiry or within three days after expiry"
any hepl

Yesterday I renew my family vida they said after one day its done already but were I can see if done already.

@mayub, Were you able to extend the visit visa online, Getting the same error ( of date) , even though the visa expires in next 4-5Days.

Any help will be appreciated.

Same problem here i have remaining 5 days and still massage display " Check within 7 day" any update.. Kindly assist if some one had any information.

The extension is allowed for how many days? Equal to actual duration or 30/60/90 days?

My visa expired august 3, we renewed it online August 5, it was successful but we paid the 100 fee 10 days earlier, my visa was renewed for 3 months

Great, what was original tenor?

Hi everyone..... :) .....so with the info i gathered from this post .....i can try to extend my family visit visa like 8-10 days before the visa expiry date......register on MOI and activate.....How can i pay the money online for Visa extension ?.....pl. give a clear picture about the procedure ....it is mentioned "VV can be renewed before seven days before expiry or within three days after expiry".... i didnt understand...plz help....

You can pay online via Sadad, goto your online banking, MOI Payment -> Alien Control -> Extend Visit Visa.

Original tenor?

الُسّلُامُ عّلُيّكمُ ✋

@ pkmusd  : "You can pay online via Sadad, goto your online banking, MOI Payment -> Alien Control -> Extend Visit Visa."

When i am trying to do the above step...its asking for " Border Number ". What is that ?

@ bubblegumbabyy : I went through your blogs....looked like u had a tough time renewing ur visa due ramadan holidays....glad u made it....bt how many days earlier ( before visa expiry ) did you apply online through 'Abhisir' for visit visa renewal ?

Thanks in advance

@nitin_83- border number is the handwritten 10 digits in the passport by the immigration officer during the arrival at the airport.

Renewal at the jawazat last july23-august 3 was very difficult according to my husband with a very uncontrollable crowded, good thing we read the news that visit visas can be renewed online.

Yes my husband registered his moi with the abshir, although my visa expired by august 3, 2014 we were able to renew it online on august 5, 2014.

I think visit visa renewals started only on august 4, 2014.

goodluck to you!

@ bubblegumbabyy : thank you for the support and feedback.....hopefully I can complete the process online too !!

@ usmanzafar60 & yousf84 : Could you guys extend ur visit visa online ?? Pl. share your experiences

Thanks in advance.....have a gd day !!

Topic sticked :D

Thanks for the share NazirYNWA !

How we can verify the new validity...as print dont show the new / extended date.

I just extended my wife's visiting visa for 3 months !!!!  :)  I did it 5 days before the expiry date

Its a very simple procedure ;

1. Register for Abhisir through any Jawasat self - registration machine. You can get the list of the machines & jawasat centres from MOI website

2. Register yourself on MOI website with a username & password

3. You can pay for Visit visa extension fess through your ATM - Government fees --> Alien control ---> Visit visa extension. ( You will be asked border number here which is the number hand written on your passport )

4. After payiing the fees....go to the MOI website , login with ur id ID & password, goto passport services --> Visit visa extension & apply for extension ( It may take 3-4 attempts to get through  :mad:  )

Good luck !!!

Thanks for good news about visa but im confuse my status my visa is visa wife when i check online in moi have no number visa please help.

I am trying to extend visa but for my father its saying to visit jawazat. While for mother i easily got extension through online system.

Anybody had this issue ???

Yes, I have the same problem. Visa of my children is extended easily but getting  message to visit Jawazat on the extension of my wife visa.
If anyone can help me please.

Thank you

the major rush in the Passport office was of those who wanted visa extension. now they are not as crowded as before.

Great move... way to go MOI.

We are currently in the process of applying for a family visit visa, there are so many different stories you hear etc. & so I was just looking to get some advice. We intend on getting a family resident visa but this process seems to be taking forever & myself & 2 young children have already been away from my husband for almost 6 months so we are desperate to be together again, the questions I have are as follows:

Is it easy to renew a visit visa or do they get rejected very often?
If a renewal is rejected can you apply again a few days later or do you have to leave country?
Can a family resident visa be granted after having 2 visitor visas?
Do you have to be out of the country for a certain amount of time before a family resident visa is granted?

We don't want to do the family visit visa if it will cause any problems with the family resident visa, we have just been told that this is one way of doing it so that we can visit my husband whilst still going through the process for the family resident visa as it can take such a long time

I would be most thankful for any advice

Thanks in advance

Is it easy to renew a visit visa or do they get rejected very often?
Ans : You can easily renew the Visit-Visa online.

If a renewal is rejected can you apply again a few days later or do you have to leave country?
Ans : You get a grace period of 3 Days after the Visa expiry to do the renewal,but its advisable not to delay after the Visa expiry date.

Can a family resident visa be granted after having 2 visitor visas?
Ans: Yes, Family( or permanent Visa) can be granted even though you had initially on Visit Visa. The person will have to leave KSA, and then do the process of stamping the residence( Permanent Visa) on his/her passport.

Do you have to be out of the country for a certain amount of time before a family resident visa is granted?
nothing like for a certain time you have to be out. When the person inside the KSA, You can apply for her residence Visa, you will be given a Yellow Paper. Then the person has to leave KSA,go to the home country, and do the Medical Test and submit the required papers in KSA Embassy and get the Visa stamped on the passport.

Please keep in mind the following before applying for Family/Resident Visa :
1. Check your Husbands Visa is permitted for the Family Visa.
2. Your Husband's Degree Certificates are all attested in home country by Saudi Embassy, and then by MOFA in KSA.
3.  Check how good your husband's PRO/HR Dept is ? If its slow, the process can take time.

Hope it helps.

Aoa..Anyone knows about permanent visa for family..how much time will take mofa to issue visa after applyin date.

salam

I applied for a family visit visa and i am getting this message now when i search on the website: تعتذر الوزارة عن تحقيق الطلب
can someone tell me what this means? Is it a system error or a visa rejection message? I need to know the reason. first time it was rejected due to incorrect address so i fixed it and applied again.

any help will be greatly appreciated

rejected, you should fill application care fully without any mistakes

thanks for the reply. I am absolutely sure I filled everything correctly. if there was a mistake wouldnt the rejection message say it like it told me the first time when i put in the wrong address?

how do you gain access for Abshir

the last time our PA did this for a colleague it took 2 weeks, but require constant follow up

yes it can and you can do it for upto 9 months.  The only exception is after the 10th day in Ramadan they stop renewing all the way until after Hajj period.  This is because they fear those who renew during Ramadan they intend to perform Hajj illegally

imran your applying from which city and your taking any agent help? or applying self your sponsor have chamber registered?

anyone here experience the new rule of visit visa extension they tell it will be only 6months 180days?? im planning to apply for my daughter 3yr old on feb.  im working under ministry of health is this apply for all?? are they really give 6 months to stay in kingdom. thank u