USEFUL INFO ON UAE

everyone should respect...

Interesting!

Very good and balanced perspective. It's always food to share opinions

What about kissing my children in public? Is all kissing in public unacceptable? I kiss my children all the time. My husband and I aren't grossly in to PDA but we do peck each other occasionally. What if we forget and kiss each other? We do hold hands and hug a lot in public. Is that frowned upon?

Does all of this info apply to Abu Dhabi as well?

"When in Rome, Do as the Romans do"
Very useful and helpful information from the thread starter.  Thank you so much,Godbless.

Love All but Never Trust ALL

guys Dubai is seriously a cool country. Unless or untill you do something seriously stupid.

Some of the troubles that you can get into are:

Violation of traffics rules. as a pedestrian or a driver. Seriuos consequences.
Violation of privacy of people. specially ladies and Natives. Be a gentleman.
Drugs . A serious issue. DOnt even carry it.
Drinks in dubai - i dont think thats an issue, I have friends who is drunk whole weekend.
Pubs and bars - there are a lot but limited to the privacy of the hotel environments.

nmdavis717 wrote:

What about kissing my children in public? Is all kissing in public unacceptable? I kiss my children all the time. My husband and I aren't grossly in to PDA but we do peck each other occasionally. What if we forget and kiss each other? We do hold hands and hug a lot in public. Is that frowned upon?

Does all of this info apply to Abu Dhabi as well?

kissing a child is ok unless the child screams and get the attention of other people :D. So just make sure you are kissing your own child.

Normally you dont see anyone kissing in the public. So better keep it that way.
People actually dont mind holding hands.
But hugging and kissing can cause problems.

Point is you can see sign boards in malls of dubai which tell us to wear respectable clothing. It dosent mean that you have to wear parda and hijab. It just reminds you to wear which is appropriate.

drugs: a girl was caught @ Dubai a/p upon arrival. She was placed in jail immediately @ Dubai as she smoked in the previous country before departure. It was found in her blood ... isnt that ridiculous???

asulya wrote:

drugs: a girl was caught @ Dubai a/p upon arrival. She was placed in jail immediately @ Dubai as she smoked in the previous country before departure. It was found in her blood ... isnt that ridiculous???

obviously yes. But its their country. their rules. If you dont agree. Just dont go !

Thanks for info

The golden rule is Respect

Very useful info indeed thanks i learned a lot

Good One. but u wil realize like the writer said. easy to forget these. so be careful

Thank you so much for sharing these informations  :)

very nice infos :)

useful tips i needed to know some of the info here thanks

whohoooooo good one :)

well, anyone can help or suggest me to get hospitality job in dubai??

thanks

Good advice! !!

Hi.im from riyadh. Can i work in abu dabhi w/o exit visa from ksa? Is there any problem if i exit in kish and come back to abu dabhi with my working visa to abu dabhi even i dont have exit stamp in my passport from riyadh. Anyone can help me. Thanks

I am just about to start my UAE journey so thanks for all the info lets hope i share some good memories in Dubai :)

I hv about 24 years exp in logistics preferably in manufacturing unit 19 years in ready made garments andb6 years experience in Sanitary ware looking after imports and export.  Good communication skills. Only issue here is iam 48 yesr old to my exp obviously shd be but I hv did my high school. Only experience is my qualification is it advisable to come to dubai. Boarding & lodging not a issue since iam going to stay in niece house temporarily till I get a job. And I hv taken the visa too...iam from india.  Can I get a job there in dubai someone can guide me please. ..and what will be the salary level I wl be fitting ???

Thanks for the useful writeup. I would however like to know how much would it cost (in AED) for food expenses and other miscellaneous stuff that one might need for the first month in Dubai...

valuable information thanks

All the best

I dont think food is expensive... i guess rent is the issue

Being under Father's Sponsorship, you are always safe but some companies insists to convert to Employment Sponsorship.

Being under Employment Visa, there maybe lots of negatives but the main positive is your dues/benefits as per Labour Law.  Until proven that the company is indeed good and will treat you well, only then you decide to convert your sponsorship under Employment Visa.

I lived in Dubai for a year and found it to be very hospitable. The rules/laws are common sense. Better to not take any chances.

Helpful!

thanks so much

Hi Mila...

Can you tell me how much living cost in Dubai for a month, for single woman? Average living style. thank you for your sharing :)

hi FeeAcer,

Can you share the information about how much living cost for new couple per month in Dubai? Maybe for average lifestyle living cost. Thank you for your shared :)

TkS For Inform

Fantastic country

This is perfect article and write up for the dubai rules and regulations.

Thankz and useful info..

A very helpful tips for the newcomers here in Emirates. Great job!

Good info !

very good info

Much Thanks for the perfect presentation.