Learning Polish in Warsaw

Hi,
I want to learn polish, that's why I'm searching some language school. I've check on websites, there are many of them in Warsaw but which one to choose?
which one would you recommended?
I need one near center.
thanks a lot for help!
best regards,
Tanu

Welcome on Expat.com Juhee

Your discussion has been redirected to the Warsaw forum for effective networking.

Regards

Cześć Tanu, I'm an Indian too, living in Warszawa.  I've been learning at the Uniwersytet Warszawski and I find it very good.  They have a course starting on April 4 and bookings start on March 15.

I would also advise going for the intensive summer course if you can take a month off (that's in August).

Hi Deepfern, thanks a lot for the information.
Nice to hear that someone from India is also in Warsaw:)
How these classes looks like?
They teach in Polish or in English?
what about coursebook? Which one are they using? Is it for beginners? what level you took?
Sorry for so many questions and thanks for respond
Take care
Tanu

Hello,

There are about 3,000 Indians in Poland (at least that's what the embassy tells me), most in Łódż with smaller numbers in Warszawa, Kraków, Katowice and Wrocław.

The classes are in groups of <10 for beginners and 10+ for intermediate and advanced.

The beginners class is in mixed Polish and English, higher levels like mine (B2) are in Polish only with some definitions in English, becoming less each semester.  It's better this way.  I have taken A2, B1 and now B2 with them.  I would be also going for A2 and B1 certification next month

There is no one particular coursebook -- you can buy some good books at

Akademia. Księgarnia językowa‎
Dodaj opinię - więcej informacji »
Mikołaja Kopernika 32
Warszawa, Polska
22 692 80 30

But I would suggest if you are a beginner not to buy any right now.  The course doesn't need this and they are expensive and perhaps not completely needed at least for the A1 beginners level.

regards,
Deepak

In the meantine if you want some resources to study and learn something or at least get familiar by your own, you could acquire some books or if you want it for free, there is a good course in pdf ready to be downloaded

I hope it can help you:
todopolonia.blogspot.com/2011/02/polaco-aprender.html]Aprender Polaco Gratis[/url]

In the website you can translate it into english there is a botton for that, and it explains you how is divided the course how to access and what you can find.

ItŽs quite practical way of learning and at least something to get familiar with the language because I think that the best is go to some lessons at least for foreigners because you will need to learn the pronunciation which is not easy :)

Regards.

Hi I am polish language instructor. That is true there is a lot of polish language school in V. Which one to choose? Depends on for what U need polish  - U wanna pass the exam? If so go to UW, if not think twice before choosing this school. In most of the school U can go for first lessons that is usually for free. But the schools charge quite a lot, mayby find some teacher n gumtree or some other place.

Hi Polski.polskia!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

We can talk together, I will teach you Polish, you teach me English

hi

yes, mr. khanpl here above me is right. several foundations for foreigners have courses free of charge (or at least in a very low cost). i don't know their quality, since i haven't been there, but it's anyway an option. if you wish to do so, hurry up because they start in october. google the "fundacja FROG" and "fundacja ocalenia".
and then later tell me how was the course, so that i'll know whether to susbcribe for the march term :)

danisl..thanks for the info pls put ur email add here..
thanks

Ok Thank you very much, and I can teach you Spanish as well if you want. Thanks

Hi,

I might be interested by polish lessons in centrum wwa, see you soon!

(I can teach French.)

:)

pozdrawiam.

Marc

danisl wrote:

yes, mr. khanpl here above me is right. several foundations for foreigners have courses free of charge (or at least in a very low cost). i don't know their quality, since i haven't been there, but it's anyway an option. if you wish to do so, hurry up because they start in october. google the "fundacja FROG" and "fundacja ocalenia".
and then later tell me how was the course, so that i'll know whether to susbcribe for the march term :)

I have visited "fundacja FROG" today and applied to Polish classes. The cost is 300 zl (approximately 100 USD). Classes start in January. There are some places available.  As for “fundacja ocalenia” their classes are free of charge, registration starts in January and classes begin in February.

Polish for Foreigners
We offer you the best way to learn Polish language
Is it true that Polish is difficult?
No it is not difficult. It is very challenging and as one of my students said. “It is a language for intelligent people”.
Why should you choose our course?
Unlike other schools, PdO offers a course that is prepared according to your needs and request in a way of learning. Teachers will prepare each lesson just for you. Forget about spending your time in a boring and stressful lesson. Forget that Polish is difficult – we will prove you that it is genuinely easy!!!!
What about teachers?
Our instructors are qualified and experienced teachers. They have graduated from the best universities in the country and finished “teaching polish as a foreign language” courses.   They are passionate and devoted to their job.
Where the lessons take place?
You do not have to waste your time travelling around the city. We are aware of your busy schedule, so we will travel to your preferred   location (your office, etc) for the lesson.
Can I have a flexible lesson plan?
The lesson is available weekday between 7 am and 9 pm or we will work with your schedule. Group lesson is also available.

TRY YOUR HAND AT POLISH LANGUAGE!!!!!
For more information please contact:  [email protected]
Course price: from 55 zł for 1 lesson (45 min.)
                          100zł 2 lessons (90 min)

Intensive polish course in Kazimierz Dolny. 30.04.2012-6.05.2012.
Course price about 1500 (accomodation and meal included)!

HALLO

danisl... i already complete the course at OCLENIA.. they are teaching tree fo cost and nice way.. i appreciate it.

If you want a more affordable option you can go to Lodz. There is a bigger Indian community here because of Infosys I think. Here's a suggestion:http://www.polonus-lodz.com/home.html

hi there can u plz give me free Polish classes link tc

Hi abrar123 > you post an advert in the Warsaw classifieds > classes section.

Dear Tanu,

If i can recommend the International Language School of Poland for your needs.
The school is designed with the focus on fireigners yet it is the only school in Warsaw that allows you to pick the number of hours per week/month and fit your schedule.
They operate 7days a week.
Location Rakowiecka 41/13 right across from Warsaw School of Economics,
metro Pole Mokotowskie.
Hope it helps!

Tanu Biswas wrote:

Hi,
I want to learn polish, that's why I'm searching some language school. I've check on websites, there are many of them in Warsaw but which one to choose?
which one would you recommended?
I need one near center.
thanks a lot for help!
best regards,
Tanu

Hi. I can help You.

Hello Kasia

Kindly note that the post to which you are responding is inactive for more than a year!

Thank you anyways for offering your help and participating on threads.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team