Studying Arabic in Cairo

I just moved to Cairo and I am looking for an Arabic language course but all the schools I found looking online seem quite expensive. Do you know of any Arabic courses that have a good reputation and are also reasonably priced?

Look for "kalemat","ILI"

I did and I think both are quite expensive, something like 4000 Egyptian pounds for 4 weeks at 15 hours a week...

Before coming to Cairo I was in Tunis, where I took a course for 400 Euros (about 4000 pounds) that lasted for 10 weeks and was 25 hours per week, so I was hoping to find something similar here as well...

The only reasonably priced course I found so far here in Cairo is at a place called ICC Arabic & Qu'ran (about 1000 pounds for 4 weeks at 15 hours per week) but it might be a little awkward for someone who is not Muslim...

why don't you get a private tutor ? I can ask some friends who did that if you're interested ..

edited : do you want something professional ?

Yes, thank you, that would be great :)

Best deal I got so far on private tutors is 60 an hour from Arabeya school, in Tahrir. Not sure if it's a good school or not...

In Madinet Nasr, where I live there are at least 4 Arabic institutes for the non native speaker. The one I am attending is 400 l.e. a month. They will start immediately at the beginning of the new month of the hijri calendar (after Ramadan is over) 

I live in the 10th district, block 9 of Madinet Nasr.  If you are interested I can get you more details.

I don't know where you live exactly but I can recommend you a very good language center in El Rehab City called Nour Institute for Arabic language. They offer private and group courses for very reasonable prices. And at the end I can tell you from my own experience that the quality is far more important than the price, and believe me there is huge differences.
They don't make any advertisement and they don't have any website. But you can ask all the details on this mobile number: 01111424291

Hi everyone,
I guess there's a good center in al Maadi - Cairo,  which is called Fajr "fajr.com/"  center and it's specialized in giving Arabic Courses to non-Arabic speakers.
As well, I'm interested to get to know new friends from all the world and will be happy to communicate with people who are interested of making friends with an Egyptian guy, I live in al Maadi and I'm interested in speaking in English and we can speak in Arabic as well as a practice for you.

No sorry  I tooam trying to fond a genuine learning class   Please post ifyou find one

Yes please that would be great,  I live in Nasr City  not far from the airport

As well, the American University in Cairo is teaching Arabic for non-speakers of Arabic.

Sorry I forgot to post my mobile number: 01001600804

Thank you I will call them for the details.  I live in Nasr City.

I am happy to have a private tutor but the ones I have contacted so far ask too much money and their English is not so good so it make learning difficult.  I can remember some words for example but learning the context is far different from English.  Many words that are the same have a different meaning in different context  I am not sure what I should learn first  Writing,  Numbers or the Alphabet  Everyone tells me something different

I guess your got me wrong, I'm not a private tutor and not asking for any fees or money at all, I'm just a normal guy who is seeking new friends and will be happy to speak with them in both languages, Arabic and English (win/win :) ) and will be in help always.
If interested then please keep in touch and let's meet after Ramadan.

Hi everybody, I too am looking for Arabic lessons in Cairo, preferably where I live in Madinaty, and preferably in a group - but would consider 'trading' English lessons for Arabic lessons one-to-one.

HAve you seen this post??? / profile???

Hi, I'm from Egypt.I'm Native Arabic teacher as second language. my lessons enjoyable and useful, and my rates very reasonable. my lessons are well-planned and I'm capable of catering for students who are at a tricky intermediate level with gaps in their basic Egyptian vocabulary. and absolute beginners, too. feel free to contact me: my email address is [email protected] or by like my page: facebook.com/pages/Arabic-Teacher-in-Cairo/431181750354957?ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark

Hi
Do you know of any Arabic teachers here in Nasr City. I would prefer a female teacher

Hi. Have you had any luck finding a Arabic Teacher or classes?

In cairo have many Arabic language school,before i went to one school only 250LE / level (20 courses/month) very cheap! and for that school the private teacher only 800 LE/month !cuz i dont like the enviorment beside that school ,so i give it up ,i move to 6 Oct,cuz here have gym and more clean,now i take the school one level 1000LE,the teacher teach me only~

I agree there are many Arabic classes around. My problem now is finding MY way around. I really don't like using the taxi so I am now learning the bus route. Once I have mastered this I will be on my way to school. In the meantime I am teaching myself from my computer there are also many free on line courses or even more courses you can buy. Good Luck

I'm willing to teach you Arabic for free in exchange if you're willing to tach me any of those languages:
    Mandarin,
    Spanish,
    Hindi,
    Portuguese,
    Russian,
    Bengali, or
    Japanese.
I can offer you 6 hours a week, customized curriculum to address your exact language needs and a great educational experience.
I can teach you physically in Cairo and Alexandria or virtually anywhere in the world within plus or minus 6 hours from Cairo local time zone.
Please send me a private message with your contact information if you're interested in this no-cost trading benefits offer.

I suggest to start with youtube lessons .. it is very good for beginners and so easy way to know basic levels before you start with schools ..

watch now : youtube.com/watch?v=QH1tWNAewCE&list=PL49CE73C341E36007&index=2

next step try to looking and ask online using google search , you will get many hundreds of helpful results ... ask them online ... compare between them and keep their numbers, addresses and their websites URLs in your note .

after you get a lot of information by searching you will be able to select one school by yourself .

I hope it helpfull

Thanks, all very helpful. Can someone recommend a school in Heliopolis? Or if Downtown is the answer, then perhaps let us know whether any of those schools come recommended?

Thanks!

Hi there, you schools sounds like a good rate, could you tell us what it's called?

Where did you took Arabic lesson at 6th October ?  i lived at 6th October aswell maybe one day we can meet up

I can help in learning classical arabic and popular egyption i have a good experience in arabic teaching (speaking, listening ,reading and writing ) .
i offer arabic lessons exchange english lessons .
thanks

why do not u take a private lesson

fajr center in nasr city.

Hello

I just read your post and would like to have more informations about your teacher if possible
Can you give me the details please?
I'm looking for a female teacher at a reasonable price to teach me in a daily basis
If someone have anyone else contact please do let me know

Thank you

I'm interested to get more details of possible in SHA Allah

mina girges wrote:

I can help in learning classical arabic and popular egyption i have a good experience in arabic teaching (speaking, listening ,reading and writing ) .
i offer arabic lessons exchange english lessons .
thanks

Are you still interested on that?!?

agfa wrote:

I'm willing to teach you Arabic for free in exchange if you're willing to tach me any of those languages:
    Mandarin,
    Spanish,
    Hindi,
    Portuguese,
    Russian,
    Bengali, or
    Japanese.
I can offer you 6 hours a week, customized curriculum to address your exact language needs and a great educational experience.
I can teach you physically in Cairo and Alexandria or virtually anywhere in the world within plus or minus 6 hours from Cairo local time zone.
Please send me a private message with your contact information if you're interested in this no-cost trading benefits offer.

Are you still interested in virtually Portuguese exchange lessons?!?

Joy_Shi wrote:

In cairo have many Arabic language school,before i went to one school only 250LE / level (20 courses/month) very cheap! and for that school the private teacher only 800 LE/month !cuz i dont like the enviorment beside that school ,so i give it up ,i move to 6 Oct,cuz here have gym and more clean,now i take the school one level 1000LE,the teacher teach me only~

Can you provide the details of the teachers please?!?

guest265 wrote:

Hi everybody, I too am looking for Arabic lessons in Cairo, preferably where I live in Madinaty, and preferably in a group - but would consider 'trading' English lessons for Arabic lessons one-to-one.

Did you got something at a reasonable price in Madinaty or even close by?!?

asaffat wrote:

In Madinet Nasr, where I live there are at least 4 Arabic institutes for the non native speaker. The one I am attending is 400 l.e. a month. They will start immediately at the beginning of the new month of the hijri calendar (after Ramadan is over) 

I live in the 10th district, block 9 of Madinet Nasr.  If you are interested I can get you more details.

Can you please send me more informations about the course?!?
Thank you

menojy wrote:

why don't you get a private tutor ? I can ask some friends who did that if you're interested ..

edited : do you want something professional ?

Are your friends still available to help at an affordable price?!?

Hello everybody, this is Ahmad from October city. I am an Arabic tutor and I would like to help, feel free to contact me.
Regards

Hello all,

I am thinking of moving to Cairo with my family from the UK and home school them, I am planning to set up a functioning classroom in my house and organize tutors to come every day.

My oldest is 12 years old, my youngest 6. I am a teacher myself and will teach Them Maths and Sciences. I will look for a tutor for Arabic and Quran, Computer programming and English literature and probably use a local sports club each day for PE.

If you are an outstanding Arabic or Quran teacher, please let me know. My wife and I are English speakers and so will probably sit in on the classes with the children.

If there is anyone out there with a similar Intention, we would love to hear from you

Ayaz

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : no ad for external link please