Doll house

Hello Everyone
where can I buy girls doll house ( for a 8 year old) i did try toys r us, top toys etc but they all got small ones. i am looking for a reasonably bigger doll house preferably wooden and with all those fancy things inside it.
thanks

You fancy huh ?

Sometimes you can find it in those local run toy shops on side street of the roads...such as one on Makrounah St, or King Fahad St, between Palestine and Tahlia.

Good luck.

Wooden toys in Saudi, forget about it!  Everything now is made from plastic in China, well, for the past 20 years now.  And most toys now, unfortunately, revolve around celebrities, cartoon figures, electronic games, etc.

Having said that, there are some specialized toy shops that sell good quality educational toys and puzzles, some made from wood.  I would suggest:

- ELC
- Fanateer, across from ELC in Red Sea Mall, bigger branch on Tahlia on right when headed West, between Mega Mall and Bugshan Hospital
- Toy Lab (?) on Prince Sultan Street on right when headed North, between Amal Street intersection and Jarir Mall
- Name not known, on Prince Sultan Street on right when headed South, between Sari Street intersection and Kayyal Street intersection, in center with Mado (Turkish restaurant)
- Probably not here, but good to know this place.  Kiosk in Sultan Mall just after you enter, good quality Chinese-made wooden educational toys and puzzles

Or, order online from the UK/US, especially if you have Aramex Shop-and-Ship, as I doubt you will find what you are looking for.  In Dubai maybe, search online, as some retailers might be willing to ship to Saudi or might have online shopping services.  Good luck!

P.S. Another thing I would suggest is making one from art supplies you can get from Jarir, such cardboard, polystyrene, wood, etc.  And then painting it all nice and glittery!  Your daughter is, so she can definitely handle the work with your help.  I am pretty sure you can get detailed plans on the Internet.  She will get her dollhouse, plus she will learn and hone invaluable skills, and have fun doing it too! :proud

Pottery and Barn Kids in Red Sea Mall sells doll houses...saw one few weeks back

ahmadaq wrote:

Pottery and Barn Kids in Red Sea Mall sells doll houses...saw one few weeks back

Interesting... great info!

Did you try this ;

http://saudi.souq.com/sa-en/kidkraft-wo … 5538296/i/

thanks everyone for all the infos.... :) very helpful..

rizi1 wrote:

Hello Everyone
where can I buy girls doll house ( for a 8 year old) i did try toys r us, top toys etc but they all got small ones. i am looking for a reasonably bigger doll house preferably wooden and with all those fancy things inside it.
thanks

Some of the houses need a little work and would need the furniture buying for them. Kids lose interest in dolls houses (shop.sueryder.org/dolls-houses.html) that are too small, and they have trouble playing with oversize doll houses that have to be crammed into corners and other hard-to-reach places.

i did buy a doll house from ELC , and my daughter loves it, it doesnt come with furnitures or dolls.. everything sold separately..i would recommend this for anyone who wants to buy dolls house.