Rent a flat or a house in Bogota

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Bogota. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Bogota.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Bogota?

How to find a home in Bogota: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

HOLA SOY DANIEL DE ROSAIO NECESITO ALQUILAR UNA HABITACION CON BAÑO O UN ESTUDIO EN LA ZONA DE PIAMONTE BOSA O LAS AMERICAS ESTOY LLEGANDO LA SEMANA QUE VIENE DESDE YA GRACIAS

Hello espeleta332, could you please use English language on this Anglophone forum? And please, lower Caps lock to ease the reading.;)

Thanks,
Harmonie.:)

Dear Christine,

According with your question, here are the answers,

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Bogota? Well, you can find a lot of flats an houses, it depends more of the money than kind of house you will like.  However, some owners don't rent this apartments in a simple way, you have to have credit in colombia and Temporal residence.

How to find a home in Bogota: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? you can use this portals or contact a relocation agent in order to have more facilities in your search and negotiation.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? Depends of the zone and apartment metters.

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? If you rent will a real estate agency probably they will ask a studie of your finance here in Colombia, if you approve you have to follow the "rules" and lease the real estate agency.  However if you know a broker maybe you can have facilities in order to rent.

Which advice would you give? Contactme, I can guide you in this move in Colombia.

Hi colrelocation!

Thanks for helping ;)

Armand

(Moderated: Please no free ad on the blog. Thanks)

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Bogota?
ItŽs not hard; there are plenty of places on the net but basically it all depends on prices. I believe they are too high even for Colombians

How to find a home in Bogota: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? All are good, but the best are the ones managed by the owners directly.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? Anywhere from US $ 1.500 to 4k and plus

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? Usually a cash deposit and advance payment

Which advice would you give? Initially try to stay at a youth hostel to gather information on the place or location you wish to stay, and then search for property owners to deal directly.

I'm a friendly Colombian living on the countryside of Bogota. If you need any help, just write.
Best regards to all and happy New Year
Andres:P

Thank you Andres for your contribution! :)

Aurélie

If I'm accepted for a position that I applied to in Bogota, I'll need a place to live.  The employer is located in the northern part of the city and I would like to live within a 30-minute walk of there.  However, the gross pay for the part-time position is only a million Colombian pesos a month.  I've been told that it is possible to live on that salary in Bogota, but would like to read more about it from people living in Bogota.

I don't need a lot in an apartment: a bed, a bathroom, indoor plumbing, electricity, access to laundry (either in the unit or in the building or complex or however that works down there), and Internet access.

Can always find a nice flat (Apartaestudio) in Bogota.
The best is to rent unfurnished, and to buy the furnitures you need. There are sections of the city where you find one after another furniture stores. at a very reazonable price. will have to bargan thought.
You said you will be in the North  part of the city, but the north is well extended. wich section you will be? there Sta. Barbara, Cedritos, Usaquen, Chico, La Castellana, etc.
Bogota is divided also by estratos the higher the number of the estrato the more expensive is. for Example. Santa Barbara is estrato 7 and Cedritos is Estrato 4 a big difference between the two in prices, electric bills. etc.  Cedritos is a nice section and is estrato 4, Is reazonable. estrato 2 and 1 are usually very very poor sections of the city. and generally they are in the south. (not recomended)
mpilar

I have rented an apartment in Bogota, Colombia and in a place called Sabaneta which is very close to Medellin.  I can tell you that it is very hard to rent in Colombia.  It was for me.

First I rented an apartment that was furnished and then I looked for an unfurnished one.  I found a nice 3 bedroom apartments for rent in Bogota, Colombia - welovebogota.com.  I tried to rent a furnished apartment in that building but could not.  I offered one owner 6 months cash in advance.  He have none of that.  He only rented through a real estate company.

Renting through a real estate company can be good and bad.  There is often no damaged or deposit fee.  You just pay a monthly fee. The downside is you have to supply lots of information.

For example you have go to a notary public and give them a thumb print and you have to sign papers there.  You will also need a few references from people who both work and own property.  Those references have actually have their boss sign papers and those papers have to be notarized.

If you opt to go through this you can usually find a nice affordable apartment in Bogota.  That has been my experience.

@mpilar Very true about the estrados in Bogota, Colombia.  Also true that you find good deals on furniture.  Forget about buying anything second hand.  That stuff just does not exist and if you find it, it is not worth buying.  You will have to buy new.  You can buy in a store or find a place that manufactures it.

Hi I am thinking of a flat/ condo / townhouse type accommodation, would also like to have an idea of pricing as well.

Hi:

I stayed in a nice condo in Bogota.  The owner gave me the keys and I never saw her again until I was leaving.  No down payment nothing.  Very nice person and easy to deal with.  Take a look here for details on the apartment [link moderated].

Frank

Hey thanks mate, I will be review the details.

Wao al this question and here  almost a year and a half I have not been in ghe site.
Is not easy to rent in Bogota as because so many problems with tenants, land owners want to reassure the prospective tenant is really qualify. there fore they require and application, references, credit report and the list goes on.  The rents vary in price, depending location. I am a beat outdated as last year I did not go to Bogota in the winter  Instead I went to Barcelona for a family reunion.
[Moderated: Please post in the housing section]

I am living in Bogota and will give you my opinion:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Bogota? No

How to find a home in Bogota: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies? The best in my opinion is to search personaly the location. A lot of apartments for rent show a contact number. It is easier to find a private person, because agencies always want 2 warrantors which you do not have. Sometimes they accept a bank deposit.

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment? That depends what you want. A nice Apartment with 60m² starts with 500 USD and 100USD Gas/Electricity/Water. A house is a lot more expensive, 1300 USD or more

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation? Due to my recommendation to find someone private: Just a contract, confirmed by notar, maybe deposit. I pay every 4 meses and no deposit.
Normally: Bank Account, 2 Warrantors,

You could find place in asociadospym.com/hostal

Luis

You can find place in Bogota really easy for example look en Face camilo.hostal.cedritos

Luis