Filipina marrying Norwegian.. Help and tips..

Good day everyone!

I am a Filipina marrying a Norwegian here in Philippines.. Our problem is that we only met once and we've been together only for 6 months.. does it matter in applying for family reunification?

And also what are the other things needed aside from the checklist given in the website?  And also the passport, do I need to renew it? I got it before i met him..

Please help us.. we are totally lost and dont know what to do.. 😢

Thank you very much!

all the requirements are on the website.. http://www.norway.ph/studywork/visaandr … _AKc9kazCQ

they provide all the info you need there.. and everything u need, just read them carefully.. requirements can change, there maybe additional requirements, or there maybe some that u dont need anymore.. they keep the pages updated, just read what applies to u.. it also explains there what documents are needed to be "red ribboned" or authenticated by the dfa..

for the passport, its safer that its not gonna expire for 6mos after u travel..

i know that in order to learn abt ur visa, u need to read a lot, and it can be overwhelming.. but i prefer that than paying tons of money to agencies that actually dont help much... btw, YOU DONT NEED A VISA AGENT.! from their site:

The Norwegian Embassy does not deal or co-operate with any agents or agencies, and all Embassy staff work inside the Visa Service Centre or in the Chancery ('The Embassy') in the 21st floor of Petron Mega Plaza Building in Makati.

u can do ur visas on ur own... good luck :)

btw, if ur gonna get married here in the philippines, this is ur checklist:

http://www.udi.no/en/checklists-contain … th-spouse/

abt the duration of ur relationship, i dunno if that still matters if ur alrdy married.. :( based on experience, i got denied on my first visa application, they didnt say why but i was pretty sure its because we havent met in person yet.. so my bf came here, twice, for 2 weeks each.. then after that, we tried if i can get a visit visa, and i got approved 2 business days after.. from my experience, what i can tell is that they do check how "authentic" the relationship is... but thats for visit visa.. i dont think i can tell much abt family reunification, since i havent applied for it yet..

im sorry if i cant help much

Yeah.. I've been reading a lot and call the embassy too.. and its very confusing..

Btw.. thank you very much for your reply.. it really helps..

pheebz0501 wrote:

all the requirements are on the website.. http://www.norway.ph/studywork/visaandr … _AKc9kazCQ

they provide all the info you need there.. and everything u need, just read them carefully.. requirements can change, there maybe additional requirements, or there maybe some that u dont need anymore.. they keep the pages updated, just read what applies to u.. it also explains there what documents are needed to be "red ribboned" or authenticated by the dfa..

for the passport, its safer that its not gonna expire for 6mos after u travel..

i know that in order to learn abt ur visa, u need to read a lot, and it can be overwhelming.. but i prefer that than paying tons of money to agencies that actually dont help much... btw, YOU DONT NEED A VISA AGENT.! from their site:

The Norwegian Embassy does not deal or co-operate with any agents or agencies, and all Embassy staff work inside the Visa Service Centre or in the Chancery ('The Embassy') in the 21st floor of Petron Mega Plaza Building in Makati.

u can do ur visas on ur own... good luck :)

Yeah.. I've been reading a lot and call the embassy too.. and its very confusing..

Btw.. thank you very much for your reply.. it really helps..

pheebz0501 wrote:

btw, if ur gonna get married here in the philippines, this is ur checklist:

http://www.udi.no/en/checklists-contain … th-spouse/

abt the duration of ur relationship, i dunno if that still matters if ur alrdy married.. :( based on experience, i got denied on my first visa application, they didnt say why but i was pretty sure its because we havent met in person yet.. so my bf came here, twice, for 2 weeks each.. then after that, we tried if i can get a visit visa, and i got approved 2 business days after.. from my experience, what i can tell is that they do check how "authentic" the relationship is... but thats for visit visa.. i dont think i can tell much abt family reunification, since i havent applied for it yet..

im sorry if i cant help much

Really??
Thank you very much for sharing your experience.. it really helps.. thanks a lot..

and from what iv read in forums, u get faster results if the visa ur applying for is decided by the embassy and not UDI.. for example, family reunification for spouse is faster than engagement permit... engagement permit is submitted to the UDI, so it takes 9-10 months.. iv read some even waited for a year.. family reunification for spouse is decided by the norwegian embassy in manila... so its much faster.. iv read some people can get results in just 2 weeks... ;)

you just need to make sure u got all ur papers filed correctly.. anyways, so far with my embassy visits, they had been really helpful.. i remember one time, i got the wrong birth certificate.. they asked me if i can produce the correct one within an hour.. good thing i got a digital copy in a usb with me, so i said yes.. .i got out, found a nearby computer shop to print, then came back to the embassy.. .tho i had to be last in the queue for that day, still, i was able to process it that day, hehe... they are really helpful, so dont worry much... :)

i think ur only long waiting time is the marriage certificate from NSO... i have no idea how long after marriage u can get an NSO copy...

btw, congrats and best wishes :)

pheebz0501 wrote:

and from what iv read in forums, u get faster results if the visa ur applying for is decided by the embassy and not UDI.. for example, family reunification for spouse is faster than engagement permit... engagement permit is submitted to the UDI, so it takes 9-10 months.. iv read some even waited for a year.. family reunification for spouse is decided by the norwegian embassy in manila... so its much faster.. iv read some people can get results in just 2 weeks... ;)

you just need to make sure u got all ur papers filed correctly.. anyways, so far with my embassy visits, they had been really helpful.. i remember one time, i got the wrong birth certificate.. they asked me if i can produce the correct one within an hour.. good thing i got a digital copy in a usb with me, so i said yes.. .i got out, found a nearby computer shop to print, then came back to the embassy.. .tho i had to be last in the queue for that day, still, i was able to process it that day, hehe... they are really helpful, so dont worry much... :)

i think ur only long waiting time is the marriage certificate from NSO... i have no idea how long after marriage u can get an NSO copy...

btw, congrats and best wishes :)

Really???? 2 weeks? Thats really fast.. but when I called the embassy the first time, they told me that we will get the result within 1 - 6 months.. and then when i called the second time 😆😆 they told me 9 months.. hmm im really confused now.. i really hope tho that it will be 2 weeks..

And thank you.. really.. this help me not to worry to much.. because according to what i have heard.. they very very very very strict.. hehe and they sound very strict to in the phone.. hehe

they can be intimidating, yes.. but thats part of their job hehe.. they need to make sure ur marriage and ur lovestory is legit, and its not a marriage out of convenience..

when is the date, if u dont mind me asking? are u married already? have u applied yet? hope u keep us posted :) experiences u share can help others too :)

pheebz0501 wrote:

they can be intimidating, yes.. but thats part of their job hehe.. they need to make sure ur marriage and ur lovestory is legit, and its not a marriage out of convenience..

when is the date, if u dont mind me asking? are u married already? have u applied yet? hope u keep us posted :) experiences u share can help others too :)

Yeah, i know its part of their job.. hehe

This coming november.. 😆😆

No.. i haven't applied yet.. and we planned to just apply for a tourist visa first.. coz he wants me to go with him to Norway.. only when i get back already.. then i will apply for it.. i think it will be faster coz there will be a lot of proofs that we are legit..

And im confused.. do we still have to sumbit an invitation letter since we will apply for tourist visa together.. and what is a travel document? Hehe

a visit visa will be more appropriate for ur case (fiancé visit visa).. coz with a tourist visa, u would need hotel bookings to show u got a place to stay in norway, and "show money" which is i think 500 nok per day.. with a visit visa, ur fiancé just need to get a guarantee form stamped by the police, and yes the invitation letter.. its just a letter detailing how long uv been in a relationship, and times uv met and spent time together.. check out this website for more details and for ur checklist:

visa

tourist and visit visa are both Schengen visas, but i would say visit visa got easier requirements..

i think u still need to submit an invitation letter, so embassy can properly document ur application.. he can come with u to the embassy to join u on ur interview..

travel document, its just ur passport (with ur visa, of course, once it is approved)  :P UDI just made a general term for it on their website, coz i think people from other Schengen country can travel to norway with just IDs (no passport needed)

are u planning to get married in norway or here in the philippines?

pheebz0501 wrote:

a visit visa will be more appropriate for ur case (fiancé visit visa).. coz with a tourist visa, u would need hotel bookings to show u got a place to stay in norway, and "show money" which is i think 500 nok per day.. with a visit visa, ur fiancé just need to get a guarantee form stamped by the police, and yes the invitation letter.. its just a letter detailing how long uv been in a relationship, and times uv met and spent time together.. check out this website for more details and for ur checklist:

visa

tourist and visit visa are both Schengen visas, but i would say visit visa got easier requirements..

i think u still need to submit an invitation letter, so embassy can properly document ur application.. he can come with u to the embassy to join u on ur interview..

travel document, its just ur passport (with ur visa, of course, once it is approved)  :P UDI just made a general term for it on their website, coz i think people from other Schengen country can travel to norway with just IDs (no passport needed)

are u planning to get married in norway or here in the philippines?

We planned to get married here..do we still have to show them where i will stay and do i still have to "show money"? Hehe

And about this travel medical insurance, do you know some company or can you suggest me some good and trustworthy company? Hehe

Thank you very much..

if its a visit visa, the guarantee form from ur fiance serves as ur proof that ur fiance will financially guarantee ur stay.. so u wont need a hotel reservation or show money... the guarantee form replaces those, coz it will state there that ur fiance will support your trip financially.... actually, if u read the guarantee form, it also states there that ur guarantor will pay the country of norway for the expenses to deport u if u over stayed hehe ;) thats why its called "guarantee form"... its a guarantee that u wont be wandering around norway without anyone supporting ur stay, and making sure that u wont over-stay hehe... you can get the guarantee form here: UDI Guarantee form for visits

here is the checklist for bf/fiance visit visa: BF/Fiance visit visa checklist

for the medical insurance, i get mine ALWAYS from AXA. its the safest and most convenient way to get an insurance... just buy them online, and u get ur insurance via email... and the best thing about it - YOU CAN GET A REFUND if u get denied ;) u just need to send them the "visa denied" pdf emailed by the embassy, and ur credit card will be refunded automatically.. here is their website: AXA Schengen insurance

i would say, norway visas are really convenient... coz everything you need to know is in their websites... they answer if you email them.. no need to place NDD calls or unnecessary appearances in the embassy.. you get results via email, no need to call and follow-up (if its a visa decided by the embassy, u get fast response)... in my experiences, i only visit the embassy just to submit my requirements and to pick up my passport/visa.. :) they wont rip you off, or make u waste ur time, which i really find convenient since i work during the nights :P i usually process my visa without even having to skip work hehehe

pheebz0501 wrote:

if its a visit visa, the guarantee form from ur fiance serves as ur proof that ur fiance will financially guarantee ur stay.. so u wont need a hotel reservation or show money... the guarantee form replaces those, coz it will state there that ur fiance will support your trip financially.... actually, if u read the guarantee form, it also states there that ur guarantor will pay the country of norway for the expenses to deport u if u over stayed hehe ;) thats why its called "guarantee form"... its a guarantee that u wont be wandering around norway without anyone supporting ur stay, and making sure that u wont over-stay hehe... you can get the guarantee form here: UDI Guarantee form for visits

here is the checklist for bf/fiance visit visa: BF/Fiance visit visa checklist

for the medical insurance, i get mine ALWAYS from AXA. its the safest and most convenient way to get an insurance... just buy them online, and u get ur insurance via email... and the best thing about it - YOU CAN GET A REFUND if u get denied ;) u just need to send them the "visa denied" pdf emailed by the embassy, and ur credit card will be refunded automatically.. here is their website: AXA Schengen insurance

i would say, norway visas are really convenient... coz everything you need to know is in their websites... they answer if you email them.. no need to place NDD calls or unnecessary appearances in the embassy.. you get results via email, no need to call and follow-up (if its a visa decided by the embassy, u get fast response)... in my experiences, i only visit the embassy just to submit my requirements and to pick up my passport/visa.. :) they wont rip you off, or make u waste ur time, which i really find convenient since i work during the nights :P i usually process my visa without even having to skip work hehehe

Yeah.. thank you very much.. and we already checked the checklist and the guarantee form but not for the bf/fiancè visa.. because we are getting married here first before i go there.. and we are confused because we read on the website that we can get married in the embassy and it will be automatically valid in Norway.. but when i called them to ask about that they said we cant get married there..  We planned to have our marriage there coz it will be easier.. less paper processing and its automatically valid..

http://s29.postimg.org/pt2e7bpsz/Screenshots_2014_08_06_15_32_22.jpg

Thank you for suggesting.. we will check on that website.. and i think i will have my travel insurance there too..

are14 wrote:

...and we are confused because we read on the website that we can get married in the embassy and it will be automatically valid in Norway.. but when i called them to ask about that they said we cant get married there..  We planned to have our marriage there coz it will be easier.. less paper processing and its automatically valid..

i havent heard abt that... but maybe its a consular service, if you are both norwegian citizens getting married outside norway..

pheebz0501 wrote:

i havent heard abt that... but maybe its a consular service, if you are both norwegian citizens getting married outside norway..

Hehe. I see..
Thank you very much.. really.. thank you for all the replies.. all the information was really a big help.. thank you..  :):D

no problem :) im just glad i could help by sharing what i know and what iv experienced...

good luck on ur visa.. hope u keep us posted when u get ur visa or ur residence permit..

all the best :)

pheebz0501 wrote:

no problem :) im just glad i could help by sharing what i know and what iv experienced...

good luck on ur visa.. hope u keep us posted when u get ur visa or ur residence permit..

all the best :)

I have a question again.. is it needed to apply in application portal?  Will it cause the delay if we apply there? And which is better.. applying in the application portal or handing them the application personally?  :)

you NEED to apply thru the application portal and pay the fee there via a credit card and set an appointment.. there's no "walk-in" application in the norwegian embassy.. coz the payment is made directly to the UDI and not the embassy, so u need to pay thru the portal.. you will not be entertained without an appointment set at the online application portal..

iv seen a lot of cases where people waited in line and was just sent home because they did not apply online.. even if u have cash on hand, its not gonna be accepted.

applying thru the portal IS THE ONLY WAY to apply for the visa.. after payment and application, thats when you can set an appointment to submit ur requirements in person..

hope this helps

Okay..  thank you very much.. 😆