Controversial TV show in Pakistan

On the news online I read an article about a TV show, called Amaan Ramazan, in Pakistan who give to the childless couples a baby which are placed in foundling.

In Pakistan unwanted babies often treated as bulky waste. They are left behind and it is not looked at them. The TV show is supported by an organization that collects foundlings.

What is your opinion about this?

Assuming the families are well vetted; I have no problem with it.
It puts a difficult social issue into public view.

There's a new show on Fox called "What's in Your Toilet?"

@bianhuakai and Etumudon Phillips you are both far off topic!!!!

Etumudon phillips wrote:

[Deleted]

Hey, look.
A spammer treating us as if we're stupid enough to mess about with that scam site.

Don't all spammers think people are stupid?

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Don't all spammers think people are stupid?

No.
But they know enough people are stupid, so it's worth their time posting spam and scam rubbish on forms.

Controversies are part of life.
Right now many nations are under spotlight of world so they will have more criticism but I feel people should understand that its happening all over the world.
Imagine in one nation, a man kidnapped three women for decades and give punishment by making them stand for many hours with physical abuse.
or Another example from another nation where TV news channel were hiring criminals to kill people and always on spot before police arrive to cover the crime scene. Its common controversial practice to remain in dirty spotlight.
Thanks

I am from Karachi, Pakistan. I watched that entire TV show full month. Yes, it was conversional just because there are some people in Pakistan who hate the anchor of that particular program while there is also large number of people that are big fans of that show anchor. Actually, you know that there is always a criticism and in professional jealousy it is always happens that people start doing criticism on you. The anchor of that program in Pakistan is very high profile and notable personality due to his fame the rating of the show was very high but he is also belong to some particular sect of religion thus those who are against his sectarian religious views or those who are in professional jealousy with him definitely do criticize him. The other TV channels shows were not give up the rating by the viewers in Pakistan thus the other TV channels anchors were completed flopped in front of that particular anchor. It was a little background behind all this controversy I hope you all understand this.
Now, let me discuss about the issue you asked in the question.
He, the anchor of the program just highlighted a social issue that newly born babies should never be let death because it is against the teachings of Islam thus what he did in the program is that he invited those families who are childless and handover them the babies. Suppose if someone has no baby and they can't give to birth a baby so their happiness and emotions can only be fulfill if they get any baby and raise him as their own child. Now the criticizers are saying that since the format of the show was Islam so there should only be Islamic discussion rather than doing a social program or child hand over doing because for this purpose another show can be launched instead of this program.

Remember that Pakistan is a Muslim country thus the ratio of such unwanted babies throwing into waste is very very rare I must say that as compare to other western countries it would only be 0.1%. So, do not conclude that it is seldom there highlighting that issue on the TV program does not mean that is the most important issue, we have another issues as well that are more priority for us. Yes, the act of saving newly born baby must be appreciated and should be respected. Yes, the program was controversial because different people have their own opinions. Some feel jealous; some feel happy with that program.

Why are babies treated as "waste"?

In Pakistan adultery is illegal and is not appreciated in the society thus who ever have sexual relationship without marriage and if in such cases any girl get pregnancy then to avoid the disgrace of her family and herself she usually abort the pregnancy or throw the newly born baby into waste which is totally against the teachings of Islam as well as morally this cowardly act must be condemn. We should never ever throw any baby into waste to hide their sins or sexual relationship (non-marriage relationship).

Based on what's posted here, Pakistan sounds like a pretty f%$#*^d up place.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Agree

I suggest you respect every country and nation of the world. We should respect every community, country and religion of the world. Five fingers are not same, similarly bad and good people in every country, community and religion of the world.
Please mind your words; I hope next time you keep in mind that Pakistan is also a respectable country like we respect yours country.

owais.truefriend wrote:

In Pakistan adultery is illegal and is not appreciated in the society thus who ever have sexual relationship without marriage and if in such cases any girl get pregnancy then to avoid the disgrace of her family and herself she usually abort the pregnancy or throw the newly born baby into waste which is totally against the teachings of Islam as well as morally this cowardly act must be condemn. We should never ever throw any baby into waste to hide their sins or sexual relationship (non-marriage relationship).

I do understand the problem but I don't agree how they "solve" the problem.
The best solution is to use an condom, not only to prevent unwanted pregnancy but also to prevent venereal diseases.

owais.truefriend wrote:

Please mind your words;

According to your words – see above – Pakistan doesn't sound respectable at all.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
owais.truefriend wrote:

Please mind your words;

According to your words – see above – Pakistan doesn't sound respectable at all.

You are misjudging Pakistan, do not discriminate or prejudice with any nationality of the world. We are all human beings and we should respect each other.
How can you judge about Pakistan? Have you ever been in Pakistan??? If you are judging Pakistan on the basis of propaganda of media then it means I should also criticize the west but I am not the fool I have a head in my mind so I judge someone on the basis facts and realities. I never criticize or blame any nation for individual's acts. I hope you understand now, and change your mind.

I'm not judging Pakistan at all.  I'm referring solely to things you have said right here.

I'm not going by what the media says.  I'm going by what you have said.

I have no need to change my mind because I have no strong opinion on the subject - I am simply quoting what you have said.

I do agree with Mr. Haileyin, no one can change the Haileyin mind, if any one has any opinion then change the mind of following persons,

Welcome to expat-blog Soofi.............
Haileyin is not Mr. she is Miss...........

Primadonna wrote:
owais.truefriend wrote:

I do understand the problem but I don't agree how they "solve" the problem.
The best solution is to use an condom, not only to prevent unwanted pregnancy but also to prevent venereal diseases.

I think condoms are not allowed or else this is the best solution..................

I want to delete the fact that I read this from my mind.

soofi wrote:

I do agree with Miss. Haileyin, no one can change the Haileyin mind, if any one has any opinion then change the mind of following persons,

thanks I have correct Miss from Mr.  :D
urduwire.com/tv/bol_tv_news_live.aspx -Bol TV Live

What the problem with feminine comment??? She is right to many extent....Grow up and show the real nation dont feel like hiding behind sharia laws

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Show me a country that doesn't have massive problems.
In the UK, we have a terrible drug culture, one that causes massive crime.
In America, they give Uzi machine pistols to little girls who have no hope of controlling the gun, so she shoots the range instructor.

"pretty f%$#*^d up"?

In UK, 1400 girls are molested in one year as in special town it worse now.....

sachingoel85 wrote:

And?

Some people think paradise is being allowed to molest 72 virgins.

mas fred wrote:
sachingoel85 wrote:

And?

Life is abnormal and.... stricter govt. laws with better representation of women....stop policing other country human rights

sachingoel85 wrote:
mas fred wrote:
sachingoel85 wrote:

And?

Life is abnormal and.... stricter govt. laws with better representation of women....stop policing other country human rights

Last I checked, the UK had equal rights for women built into its legal system.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

mas fred wrote:
sachingoel85 wrote:
mas fred wrote:

And?

Last I checked, the UK had equal rights for women built into its legal system.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

No Disrespect. I am just expressing my view as you were saying about US incident about 9 years old girl who killed instructor by mistake but in same if we see US is promoting weapon as for younger generation. In same context I am saying about 1400 girls who were molested by sex gangs....its like no nation is fit and we always make noise and try to say about worst human right condition for other nation. Here is the link I hope its not in review as i took from dailymail.co.uk "article 2735169"and please check the declining condition as in cases of human rights.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … thing.html

I'm from Rotherham, the place you mention,and I know a lot about this sort of thing, but not the actual case.
You have no clue how stupid the politically correct culture in in RMBC (Rotherham metropolitan borough council).
Seriously, I had dealings with that lot, so I can assure you they're a set of ruddy idiots.
Apart from the obvious guilty perverts that actually carried out the rapes, I want the fools in RMBC that ignored these crimes to be arrested for aiding and abetting by ignoring what they knew.
You have to deal with those fools to know how stupid they are, and they're very stupid.

A true story.

One day, I was in Rotherham library, in a meeting with some dude from Rotherham council.
The work required a translation from Urdu to English but neither of us had the first clue about Urdu.
Then a lass, who was clearly of a Pakistani family happened by, so I asked her if she was able to speak Urdu.
On receiving a positive response, I asked her the English of the words written on the paper.
She confirmed the script was correct as we understood it, so I thanked her, very politely, and off she went.

I sat down but, to my shock, I got a rebuke from the bloke, explaining it was racist to ask her just because she looked like she might speak Urdu.
I'm rarely subtle, especially when it comes to moronic ideals, so I gave it him direct.
"If I want someone who speaks Urdu", said I in a very 'don't be ruddy stupid' sort of way, "I'm not going to ask five white people as well, just to satisfy some politically correct bullshit".

That is a true story that explains the culture of stupidity within RMBC, and exactly the attitude that allowed this mass sexual abuse to continue for so long.

Not subtle, but accurate.

Well yes its true and i really understand what you want to say....that's the problem here ....problem is good governance and bad governance which is not affected by religion but yes we also cannot live on old stupid medieval thoughts, we have to change according to the dire need of society. People are now so much advance that they can use the technology in their own way for example mobile (smart) phone which is now becoming bad in creating obscene videos and in same way its also help us in  being online in what manner.
I even like your way of thinking that you take it as positive may be sometimes we feel different or little negative but thanks for your above explanation :)
Cheers

With all my respect but this was not my intension when I opened this thread.

Primadonna wrote:

With all my respect but this was not my intension when I opened this thread.

Perhaps not, but it is about abuse and Pakistan.
Of course, a few nasty Pakistanis doesn't mean Pakistanis are nasty, just the few that engaged in that filth; exactly as all white British blokes aren't perverts because Gary Glitter went into Asia to have sex with little girls.

Its about a TV show where you can "win" a baby and I asked about the opinions of others.

Primadonna wrote:

Its about a TV show where you can "win" a baby and I asked about the opinions of others.

True, but that suggests the possibility of a cultural problem over there that allows that sort of rubbish onto their TV.
Such a problem might well appear in other parts of daily life in that region, or even with some expats and/or their families from that country.
To get an idea, we need an unbiased reports from people who live there.

mas fred wrote:

In America, they give Uzi machine pistols to little girls who have no hope of controlling the gun, so she shoots the range instructor.

I saw the uncensored video of that.  It was insane.  I don't know what that guy was thinking, but he'll never get to make that mistake again.  And that little girl will have to live with what happened for the rest of her life.  Her psychological problems have only just begun.

beppi wrote:

Some people think paradise is being allowed to molest 72 virgins.

Change that to donuts and I'll convert.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR