ISIS Presence in Indonesia

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/0 … baiat.html

He is in prison and still can do what he wants.

Jakarta Police Investigating ISIS Sex-Slave Recruitment Pamphlets

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/jak … pamphlets/

The Jakarta Police are trying to find out who is behind the distribution, at an Islamic university, of flyers purportedly aimed at recruiting sex slaves for fighters of the Islamic State of Syria and Iraq.

We are investigating who created and distributed the sex-slaves flyers, police spokesman Sr. Comr. Rikwanto said on Saturday.

I've read about these sex worker for Islam things before - well odd.
Extremists commonly corrupt the book they claim to follow when it suits them.
Equally, it could be bull designed as propaganda against ISIS.
Quite why you'd need to invent evidence against a group of known mass murderers is unclear.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/08/11 … es-in-Java

A magazine now circulating on Java Island, readers will get fried chicken vouchers.....

Vouchers from KFC??

Obviously in Malang they are free to gather to use the mosque as one of its headquarters.

Free chicken - I'm going to the next meeting.
Do you think they'll let me swap the rice for french fries?

Should not be a problem to get fries......I always do that too  :D

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/08/18 … -Territory

All over the world they take it seriously which is a good sign.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/internat … ks-police/

Ayob Khan told AFP the group, all Malaysians, had visions of establishing a hardline Southeast Asian Islamic caliphate spanning Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines and Singapore, and planned to travel to Syria to learn from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

I'm a big fan of good news, so I'll post some.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … -isil.html

A man dressed in Muslim garb handed out flyers to people passing the Muhammad Ramadhan Mosque in Pekayon, Bekasi, West Java, on Wednesday night.

The flyer was an invitation for local Muslims to wholeheartedly reject the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) during a halal bihalal (post-Idul Fitri gathering) at the mosque. Hundreds of local people attended the event, which consisted of prayers and speeches on the evils of ISIL. ...
...I dont want this mosque to be tainted by teachings that encourage the use of violence, slander and open hatred against other religions and Muslims. These must be false teachings. This is Indonesia, we are not in conflict like Iraq or Syria, Kyai Abdul Hadi, a Muslim cleric from South Bekasi, told The Jakarta Post.

I hope to see more people rejecting extremism, and being very public about it.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … budur.html

Police on alert over threat to Borobudur

Police in Central Java have tightened security measures at the Borobudur Temple in Magelang in response to an apparent threat made by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) supporters to attack the world-renowned cultural-heritage site.

National Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Ronny F. Sompie said on Friday that aside from tightening security around Borobudur, the Central Java Police had begun poring over data from the Internet for possible clues about the plan.

The threat to attack Borobudur appeared first on social-networking platform, Facebook.

The Central Java Police chief has ordered an investigation into the threat and we expect that there will be cooperation with the temples security personnel and the Indonesian Military [TNI] to safeguard the temple from any possible damage, he said in Jakarta.

The threat was posted on Aug. 15 on a Facebook account titled We Are Islamic State

God willing, [Borobudur] will be demolished by Islamic caliphate mujahidin! the web page declared.

The page also quoted an article from radical website arrahmah.com, in which cleric Hartono Ahmad Jaiz derided several statue-construction projects in the country, which he said contravened Islamic principles.

It appears unlikely, however, that arrahmah.com or Hartono are involved in the planning of a possible attack on Borobudur, as the website is known for its strong opposition to the ISIL movement.

Borobudur Conservation Agency head, Marsis Sutopo, said the agency had increased the number of security personnel within and around the temple following the news of the threat.

Weve increased the number of security officers and have coordinated with PT Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur [TWCB, which manages tourism activities at the temple] and the local police, he said on Friday in Magelang.

Earlier, commander of the Diponegoro Military Command Maj. Gen. Sunindyo confirmed his preparedness to back up security around the temple.

Constructed in the ninth century, Borobudur is regarded as the worlds largest Buddhist monument and one of the most complex structures erected during that period.

Borobudur was previously the target of a bombing attack.

In 1985, extremists detonated bombs that damaged nine of the stupas at Borobudur.

The police claimed that the attack was perpetrated by Muslim radicals Mohammad Jawad, Abdulkadir bin Ali Alhabsyi and his brother Husein bin Ali Alhabsyi. Jawad has never been captured.

A year after the bombing, Abdulkadir was sentenced to 20 years in prison for his involvement in the attack, while his brother Husein was sentenced to life in 1991.

In 1999, then president BJ Habibie granted clemency for Husein.

In August 2013, security measures around Borobudur were significantly tightened following the bombing of the Buddhist Ekayana Graha Vihara in Jakarta.

mas fred wrote:

I'm a big fan of good news, so I'll post some.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014 … -isil.html

A man dressed in Muslim garb handed out flyers to people passing the Muhammad Ramadhan Mosque in Pekayon, Bekasi, West Java, on Wednesday night.

The flyer was an invitation for local Muslims to wholeheartedly reject the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) during a halal bihalal (post-Idul Fitri gathering) at the mosque. Hundreds of local people attended the event, which consisted of prayers and speeches on the evils of ISIL. ...
...I dont want this mosque to be tainted by teachings that encourage the use of violence, slander and open hatred against other religions and Muslims. These must be false teachings. This is Indonesia, we are not in conflict like Iraq or Syria, Kyai Abdul Hadi, a Muslim cleric from South Bekasi, told The Jakarta Post.

I hope to see more people rejecting extremism, and being very public about it.

Indeed good news and hopefully others will follow acting the same way.

There is no excuse for destroying history.
The very fact these fools feel the need is evidence their position is weak...no, total crap.

I'm going to push the boat out here.
What really bugs me about Islamic (or any other) extremists.
They spend all that cash and devote so much effort to making people miserable, killing and destroying, but do nothing about people in real need.
If you want to serve the almighty, or even just be a reasonable person, scrap the violence and do something about this.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/9504465931_58985ede14_z.jpg

Use your gun and bomb money to open a school, educate those who have no hope of eduction,  and make people see the good side of the religion.
These fools make others hate Muslims and thus are enemies of Islam, as well as the rest of the world.

Guys, grow up and learn to love, not hate.

/rant

An excellent "rant" if I may say so, Pak Fred!   :top:

Ubudian wrote:

An excellent "rant" if I may say so, Pak Fred!   :top:

From the heart, dude.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/08/24 … eturn-Home

Their return was due to disappointment over the war condition that was completely different from the concept of war in Islam. "They realized that they were fighting other Muslims."

.....well if that would be true IS would not just let them return back home

Isn't it an insult to Muslims to call them the Islamic State of anything?

we all know the source of Terrorism is coming from a certain type of Muslims called (Salfies or Wahabies) where Osama ibn Laden belongs to and they generate ISIS and other terrorism groups...the Indonesian government should keep an open eye on this group (salfies or wahabies). they are very risky and extremely dangerous and need to banned all their activities in Indonesia especially they are very smart in using poor and uneducated Indonesian Muslims.

Salfies are very common these day - they're always getting a mention.

Here's someone taking a salfie with the pope.

http://parade.condenast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/pope.jpg

Gotta say, I do love that famous English wit!   :lol:

Salem_SBY wrote:

we all know the source of Terrorism is coming from a certain type of Muslims called (Salfies or Wahabies) where Osama ibn Laden belongs to and they generate ISIS and other terrorism groups.

Do we?
Unless a CIA/Mossad trained agent by the name of Elliot Shimon, a Jewish dude, calls himself Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi and runs IS.

Of course, there's so much BS out there, it's very hard to know the truth.

Salem_SBY wrote:

we all know the source of Terrorism is coming from a certain type of Muslims called (Salfies or Wahabies) where Osama ibn Laden belongs to and they generate ISIS and other terrorism groups...the Indonesian government should keep an open eye on this group (salfies or wahabies). they are very risky and extremely dangerous and need to banned all their activities in Indonesia especially they are very smart in using poor and uneducated Indonesian Muslims.

Protestants say all the problems are caused by Catholics.  Is it a certain type of Muslim that's the problem or a few sociopaths that claim to be Muslim?

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/0 … alist.html

OK, the news in Jakarta Post today are actually few days old and all over the place but one must bear in mind that IS held few more Americans.....

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

\
Protestants say all the problems are caused by Catholics.  Is it a certain type of Muslim that's the problem or a few sociopaths that claim to be Muslim?

The C of E would get upperty about Catholics, they never really forgave Guy Fawkes.
However, as with so many things, it looks a lot like that was a set up job as well, a false flag using a gullible idiot to forward a government agenda.
Muslims have very similar problems - a bunch of extremist nutters, many being funded by a foreign power so that power has an enemy to fight.

mas fred wrote:

The C of E would get upperty about Catholics, they never really forgave Guy Fawkes.

He's more famous now for that terrible Natalie Portman movie.

This is pleasing.

http://en.tempo.co/read/news/2014/09/10 … Fighting-I

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta – Indonesian National Military (TNI) commander Gen. Moeldoko has asked advises from notables of Islamic organizations, Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) and Muhammadiyah, to tackle the growth of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria's (ISIS) influence in Indonesia.

“We want to listen to advises from religious experts in eradicating ISIS,” said Moeldoko on Wednesday.

He said ISIS in Indonesia was still unorganized, yet its its presence and ideology had already penetrated the country, especially in places under heavy influence of Islamic teachings. "Islamic boarding schools are among them," he said. SIS

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/internat … syria-cia/

CIA estimate they have now 20.000 - 31.000 fighters on the ground much higher than previous estimate of 10.000.

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/0 … tated.html

Is this guy on drugs??

happyhour wrote:

http://m.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/09/22/anis-says-threat-is-overstated.html

Is this guy on drugs??

No, he's just silly.
The fighting strength is unimportant when it comes to terror attacks as we saw with a very few people and the Bali bombs.
Once they started murdering prisoners, they gained a well deserved reputation for being evil, making their job far easier as poorly trained opposing forces were far more likely to run away.
This group is extremely dangerous and must be taken most seriously.

They are now close to Turkish border already by the way......

I hope everyone watched, and listened closely to President Obama's speech delivered less than 12 hours ago to the UN General Assembly.

ISIS is simply not going to be tolerated at any level, and they will be ferreted out and destroyed like the rabid rats that they are. 

In discussing Islam and how ISIS has nothing to do with Islam, Obama even mentioned the great country of Indonesia as one predominantly Muslim country that totally understands this.

My gut tells me that we are at a watershed moment, a time when the Islamic world and the non Islamic world will finally find understanding and peace with each other.

http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/news/isl … oreigners/

Jakarta. Foreigners could again become the target of militant attacks in Indonesia as extremists there pledge loyalty to the Islamic State group, a thinktank warned on Wednesday.

In a report, the Jakarta-based Institute for Policy Analysis of Conflict (IPAC) also warned that Indonesian and Malaysian fighters who have joined IS in Syria appear to have formed a military unit there, likely strengthening militant networks in Southeast Asia.

They beheaded now a French guy....perhaps he will not be the last one.

ISIS so scary!

i am moslem but 100% not like them...well I was born as catholic and converted moslem..and have different religions families's background..mix..hindhu bali as my mom from there..catholic..and Islam. actually all religions are good..all good.It's about human..if they want learn more about tolerant and want learn more about others differences..I think they will understand that the basic is same..about peace..love..yes only silly people who want support the ISIS..by the name of faith..so silly!! there are many important things to do than war to make whole world on one syariah and making trouble in the world.  bit worry too read on internet they have beheaded french tourist and more worry now as my bf stay on sydney and we know few radicals people there link with ISIS...

Well lets not all get panicky over this. ISIS may have a presence in Indonesia but targeting foriegners here is unlikely as there is nothing to gain from doing that here.
Like Kelly said, these are silly people and however barbaric they have turned, they stand alone in their own belief system and view point, which is not the view of the rest of the Islamic world, the christian world and disney world.

lukereg wrote:

Well lets not all get panicky over this. ISIS may have a presence in Indonesia but targeting foriegners here is unlikely as there is nothing to gain from doing that here..

Headlines.
These people are press hungry fools, and that means they'll do anything to get attention for their perverted cause.

Money talks....another way how they recruit people to perform those barbarian acts

ISIS targets to attack west. I not sure they are really 'Islam'..if they are Islam why not attack Israil and help Palestine?. why they create new conflict by the name 'truth Islam'..and calliphate?..in Islam calliphate is leader ..we are calliphate as God create human to be leader on this world and make harmony in life together. that's truth meaning of calliphate. It's like give negative image in Islam. as a moslem I am so shy so sad what they have done by the name of 'Allah'..sooo bad.
God is full of love ..God always forgive..but God never forgive if we hurt others people..and more never forgive if we hurt innocence people. ISIS should know that if they talk by the name Islam.

I am worry as some radical Islam organisations stay on my country..like FPI. Indonesia is not Islam country!.. Indonesia not basic in Islam rules!.we have Pancasila and bhinneka tunggal Ika.
bit worry now as some people want change all rules based on Islam..what happened with my famillies who stay on bali with hindhu..catholic or christian?..budha ..konghucu or maybe some people no religions here? Its beautiful if we can living in harmony with differences between us. thats democracy. and of course ISIS can be serious problems for our future.

Folks who start getting nervous about ISIS would benefit from reading up on recent Indonesian history, specifically how they deal with these animals...for example Amrozi and his two comrades (Bali bombers) shot by firing squad and more recently the TNI hunt down and killing of Noordin Top in Java.  Top was a high level terrorist mastermind (a Malaysian), and was handled in just the same manner as the US dealt with Bin Laden...no questions, just kill the SOB. 

Personally, I feel more comfortable here in Indonesia in so far as risk of being caught up in a terrorist attack than if in the UK or the US.

I echo Roys thoughts, there is nothing to be gained by doing random acts of terrorism towards anyone in Indonesia by ISIS. The UK, USA, anywhere in Europe and Australia sadly would be more likely targets and for ISIS more significant targets.

Indonesia also seems to deal with such threats far more effectively and deliberately than most of the west, without worrying about any fall out and that is a good thing. Terrorists deserve no human rights when they themselves take them from others, so shooting them on the spot seems a very sensible approach and Indonesia does seem to take that approach a lot and I am more than happy with that.

D88 sorted out Noordin top and his pals - a bit like flushing the toilet, but with bullets.