New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here

Hi, I am also a Sri Lankan currently working in Saudi Arabia. Why do you prefer to move to NZ?

AUBREY BELEN wrote:

Sir/Mam,
        Im AUBREY BELEN 26years 0ld ,single . I lived in 587San miguel sto tomas batangas.
Im work in Company (HYSONIC PHILS.INC) here in san rafael sto tomas batangas
I want to go to new zealand b'coz i want to help my family.

THANK YOU

If you are looking for work you first have to see if you qualify for a visa. For visa inforamtion and applications www.immigration.govt.nz 
It is not easy to get work in NZ unless you have a certain skill that the govt is looking for. I suggest you also do a Google search for Filipino clubs or communities in NZ and then contact them for advice.

My name is Enid, I was born in Peru, but I lived in Argentine for 13 years, and now living in NZ.
Working at English Institute NZIST, as a Latin American Counsellor. Here to help and answer any question and share my experience.

Hi everyone I am native of New Zealand and love to meet people from other countries and if I can be of help to anyone  about our  country and culture just let me know and I will see how helpful I can be to you. cheers

Hola a todos!!
Soy de Argentina y voy a viajar en Noviembre de este año a NZ. Las ideas son varias... en primer lugar vivir en un país de habla inglesa, aprender inglés, trabajar y conocer lugar y gente linda!!! Por el momento tomaría clases de inglés unos 2 o 3 meses para mejorar el idioma... pero todo dependerá de costos de hospedarme, vivir, curso y la posibilidad de trabajar. Soy Ingeniero Industrial pero por tener un bajo nivel de inglés se me complicará un puesto de ese nivel por lo que bueno por el momento me conformo con algún trabajo que me ayude con los gastos. Mi estadía dependerá de como me cienta y adapte a la cultura del país... jeje
Espero poder conocer mucha gente copada que me ayude a vivir esta experiencia y lograr cumplir mis sueños!! jeje

Abrazos!!
Walter.

Walter J Ré wrote:

Hola a todos!!
Soy de Argentina y voy a viajar en Noviembre de este año a NZ. Las ideas son varias... en primer lugar vivir en un país de habla inglesa, aprender inglés, trabajar y conocer lugar y gente linda!!! Por el momento tomaría clases de inglés unos 2 o 3 meses para mejorar el idioma... pero todo dependerá de costos de hospedarme, vivir, curso y la posibilidad de trabajar. Soy Ingeniero Industrial pero por tener un bajo nivel de inglés se me complicará un puesto de ese nivel por lo que bueno por el momento me conformo con algún trabajo que me ayude con los gastos. Mi estadía dependerá de como me cienta y adapte a la cultura del país... jeje
Espero poder conocer mucha gente copada que me ayude a vivir esta experiencia y lograr cumplir mis sueños!! jeje

Abrazos!!
Walter.

Hi Walter and welcome to Expat.com. 
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that members can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice. Thank you.

Hi, thank you for the welcome my name is Tracyann  I am from Jamaica and currently living in Tauranga New Zealand, I got married to an amazing kiwi hence how I got to living here, hoping to meet some Jamaicans or other New Zealanders in and around my area.

Hello everybody,
I am a new member on the Expat.com and I am writing to seek for guidance. I am planning to emigrate to New Zealand, find a job and settle down. I am Lebanese from Bickfaya. I have been reading and seeing pictures of New Zealand and I like the country very very much.
Thank you very much in advance and best regards.
Zeian

Hi there

My family and I left JHB three years ago to moved to NZ and we love being here.  We first moved to Dunedin because of employment but as soon as we had PR we moved to Taupo where it is MUCH warmer.  Taupo is home and we have settled in well here.  We have our own landscaping business because my husband wanted to be self employed again but couldn't find anything in his field of expertise (LPG consulting engineer and drafting).  Like most x-South Africans in NZ, we went backwards in our careers but gained a better life.  Our son, who is 5 is living the life we always wanted for him. 

We would love to meet up with other local expats because while we know many people around town, we have not made any social friends and we miss having a good braai with company.

Zeina Gabriel wrote:

Hello everybody,
I am a new member on the Expat.com and I am writing to seek for guidance. I am planning to emigrate to New Zealand, find a job and settle down. I am Lebanese from Bickfaya. I have been reading and seeing pictures of New Zealand and I like the country very very much.
Thank you very much in advance and best regards.
Zeian

Welcome to the forum.

For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

Hi All!

My name is Anne, I am 25 years old. Single lady :) come from Malaysia.. I had fall in love with New Zealand and would love to know well about this beautiful country!

In this coming Jan 2015, I will apply Visa Working Holiday and if the process is in the smooth way, i will travel to New Zealand for about 1 year.

Therefore, I would love if there are any local form Kiwi that I can get know and help me while my trip next year.

Can't wait for this coming trip and this is my 1st time travelling far from my home town!!

Regards.

Mam,
     Could you send me again the visa information..Thank you..

danilo licopa wrote:

Mam,
     Could you send me again the visa information..Thank you..

www.immigration.govt.nz

Quisiera saber donde se reunen Latinos en Auckland para celebrar que estamos en la Final de la copa del mundo!!!! Pues no conosco a nadie aqui.  VIVA Argentina!!

fhcantor wrote:

Quisiera saber donde se reunen Latinos en Auckland para celebrar que estamos en la Final de la copa del mundo!!!! Pues no conosco a nadie aqui.  VIVA Argentina!!

Welcome to the forum.
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH so that members can understand your post. Thank you.

Hello,

Just joined because my husband and I will be moving to NZ in October this year. I'm a teacher, he's a business analyst and we have got working holiday visas (from UK) to go and see if we like living in NZ enough to push for the big skilled migrant visa!

We leave the UK in a month and are going to stop at his old home country of Nepal on the way (missionary parents) to spend some time trekking the Annapurna Circuit. I can't wait to try out the great walks in NZ though - has anyone done these?

After researching jobs, it looks like Wellington (not such fans of Auckland/bigger cities) will be our best bet to start out. I would love to hear from anyone who has made the move, especially to Wellington, and can offer any sage advice!

Nice to meet everyone,
Nic

Thanks for the warm welcome from my wife and myself. We have started the process to move to NZ on a 2 year work visa first to get the job and the extra 50 points which puts me on 170 and then apply for residency.( just short of the 140 points to apply for straight residency). We are using an agency and I should be flying over in April 2015 prior to my wife to start looking for a job( I am Certified Financial Advisor and banker) I am obligated to work with the present company till march 2015 due to a contractual clause and that is why I am not coming over earlier. :cheers:

Madam,
  I sent already my CV in your email add....

danilo licopa wrote:

Madam,
  I sent already my CV in your email add....

You do not seem to grasp the fact that you need a visa to get into NZ. Sending out your CV to people will not help at all. There is no easy way. Get a visa.

Madam
   Ok...

HI .. Im A little sneaky as I am not an ex pAt  but I kiwi female living in Hamilton but wanting to meet people from overseas.. this is for friendship and nothing weird.. my darling friend from Sao Paula is returning to live there soon as he brilliant Scottish husband and my chum has passed away...
tx
anne-marie

Hi All,
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I'm Sailesh Im planning to migrate to NZ on a dependent visa to Auckland in Sep 2014 .  I'm in the logistics/ supply chain field. I want to know how good are the job prospects for a logistic / supply chain are professional.

I think I should be on the Brunei forum as I am planning on moving there next month.

saileshn wrote:

Hi All,
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I'm Sailesh Im planning to migrate to NZ on a dependent visa to Auckland in Sep 2014 .  I'm in the logistics/ supply chain field. I want to know how good are the job prospects for a logistic / supply chain are professional.

Welcome to the forum.

Try this website for work. www.seek.co.nz

[ Moderated : no free advert on the site, please register yourself on the business directory ]

:Gloria.  Couldn't resist Gloria considering I am here to undertake a volunteer role.  Presumptuous I know but amusing I thought.  Anyway, I have arrived in Phnom Penh today for a 3 month placement as a Teacher's Buddy Assistant which will be an interesting and opportunistic change I feel.  The position is with one of the local Children's Foundation.
Originally a Gore girl and have been in Perth for 14 years although the last year was spent in Darwin.  Briefly visited P Penh in 2004 and vowed I would return and here I am.
:-)

Hi there,
I'm  Kiwi and my partner is an American (20 years older than I am). Is it possible for this kiwi to get a permanent visa if we are married?
If this is possible, what beach locations would you recommend?
Thank you for your help, kirk

whoops, I'm a kiwi trying to move out of the country.

Sorry folks, kirk

:) hi iam charith.iam frome srilanka.i am aircondition technician.i Warking now LG jombo electrical doha qatar.i like Wark in new Zealand.

charitha12 wrote:

:) hi iam charith.iam frome srilanka.i am aircondition technician.i Warking now LG jombo electrical doha qatar.i like Wark in new Zealand.

First you will need to see if you qualify for a visa. For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz

Gul from Pakistan. graduate of bachelors of Dental surgery. want to go to NZ for masters.

HI there ¡ im a dentist and seriously thinking about moving to NZ,  any Mexicans or latinos around here already living in Auckland ? id like to know what to expect from a latino point of veiw.  greetings ¡

Hello everyone

I am new to this blog, infact going to start blogging with this website don't know how to start. But I am looking forward to move to Wellington so I feel a bit panic because no friends new place and not specific place to stay in. I am in confusing state where to start and how to start.
Help needed.

Thanks

Hi All,

First of all a great forum to help all newbies, thanks a lot senior members for your wonderful support. I read replies and can relate how useful they are for newbies like me.....My name is Anil & I am new to this forum, I have got NZ PR and thinking to move by September end for job search in the field of software testing. Can anybody help me in understanding which city is best, I am thinking to come over Auckland. Also if you have any pointers about job market/current sitution, I have 8 years of exp in manual testing with multinational banks.

Regards,
Anil ....

Hi I've just moved from Wales to Wellington this week. Was looking to make few new friends and came across this site. I'm a science teacher in the Uk but I'm looking for any kind of work here in Wellington.

Hi Everyone!

I'm a South African living in Joburg, from Pretoria strongly considering moving to New Zealand. My Sister is also planning to move with her immediate family.

I am 31 years old. Main reason for moving is to be with my sister, to get away from discrimination in terms of BEE and Affirmative Action against our minority, the Crime, constant protests, power blackouts, corruption etc. I am sure most South African Expats would understand :)

I lived 2 years in London before, on a Working Holiday Visa, doing labour and before I studied and got a Corporate Job.

I am now, though a fully Qualified Software Engineer with 8 years of MS SQL Experience (amongst other IT related things) in a Corporate environment. My sister is a Physiotherapist. Grateful that we are both on the skills shortage list, we are considering to make the move. My sister is already in the process of Registering as a licensed Physio in New Zealand.

Really looking forward to this process and the adventure that awaits! First mission Goal is to pay off debt and save up for this process whilst looking around for a job. If anyone knows a Saffa living in New Zealand in the IT field, please drop me a line. I would immensely appreciate any advise and assistance!

Thanks! :D

Hello Everyone,

I'm from India, basically from the north part (i.e New Delhi) and recently got a job offer by an IT company in Christchurch new zealand. We (me & my wife) will be coming to new zealand in the end of October 2014.

I'm a software developer having 6+ years of work experience and worked for various global clients. Though i have been in USA for 2 months but this is the first time i would be coming to a foreign country for work and living for longer term.

I was searching for some forums to get familiar with the NZ culture,people and their housing,and stumble upon this beautiful forum.

Seeking courteous and fruitful conversations with all of you.

Many Thanks.
Jitendra

jsb85 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I'm from India, basically from the north part (i.e New Delhi) and recently got a job offer by an IT company in Christchurch new zealand. We (me & my wife) will be coming to new zealand in the end of October 2014.

I'm a software developer having 6+ years of work experience and worked for various global clients. Though i have been in USA for 2 months but this is the first time i would be coming to a foreign country for work and living for longer term.

I was searching for some forums to get familiar with the NZ culture,people and their housing,and stumble upon this beautiful forum.

Seeking courteous and fruitful conversations with all of you.

Many Thanks.
Jitendra

Welcome to the forum
There are many Indians living and working here in NZ so I suggest that you do a Google search for Indian communities and clubs in NZ and then contact them.

Hi all,
This is Sapna Hosmath. I currently reside in Pune, India. A Finance by profession and married to Mechanical Engineer  with one kid of 3.6 years old.  We are considering to migrate to New Zealand, since this option came out of the blue and just touched our heart. Although decision made by heart me being little practical want to get the full hand information about the lifestyle, Job opportunity , education and cost of living for my family in Auckland New Zealand.
I came across this website and was glad that there is some forum that would help me out .
Please if you guys can give me insight in this would help me to take life changing decision for me and my family.

Awating Reply
:)

Welcome to the forum

For visa information and applications www.immigration.govt.nz
For jobs try www.seek.co.nz
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Closed