Moving to Saigon in September. Where to live?

Hey guys, I'll be moving over that Vietnam in September. I'll spend a month in Hanoi, then move to Saigon for at least a year. There are 16 in my group coming, and I was wondering where is the best area to live? We're a pretty adventurous group mostly late 20's and we like to have fun. We're also living on our companies' dime, so $$$ isn't much of a factor for rent.

I'd like to live in an area convenient to the airport (where I'll work) but that also has a good night life, and cultural atmosphere.

Thanks for the advice!:cheers:

The night life and cultural atmosphere is District 1 in HCMC also known as Saigon.  It is where all things fun happen.  However, the airport is in a poorer district about  an hour from District one in Thanh Binh District. Just some info that might help.  Good Luck

Hello,
Airport located at Tan Binh district, about 5km to District 1 (Saigon center). I think you can live at Phu Nhuan District Nguyen Van Troi street. You can move easy from here to downtown for fun, others you can go to work.
So if you want to rent a house/apartment, you can contact with me.

So, good luck.

the airport is pretty out of the way. i think u'd wanna live in district 1, where everything's happening, basically. however, u might wanna get a place maybe between the airport and district one, but im not sure, depends on wat u prefer. just so u know, the downtown area and the airport are around 30-60min away (Depending on the traffic)

Hi, you can to view my room for rent ( share house) on Tran Khac Chan st Dist 1. It take you 15 minutes from there to your company and 5 minutes to downtown dist 1. It's convenient for single person ( local in Dist 1, maid - cleaning - laundry service, no commitment, no curfew, the owner don't live there, share living room, parking, terrace..).

Why you don't think you will stay at a luxury apartment in Botanic or Hoang Minh Giam Tower ? Both buildings are very near at the airport and that's a good place for foreigners to live there. Traffic jam and far distance no longer worry you. A good night life? You never miss. You can see some plans flying in the sky at night.
If you need some info about these buildings, I can ask my friend for you.

You can live in my house if you don't mind. It is quite near to the airpot. Some expat friends used to live in my house as I really wanted to build up international friendship :)
[moderated: please post your ads in the classifieds!]

Hello Eastboundndown! Welcome you to Vietnam ;) You will surely have a great time in Vietnam with your group. If You are looking for a place to live suitably that near the center of city (District 1) and near your workplace (Airport in TanBinh District) I can suggest you some best places to stay in :) It takes you 3-5 minutes by bike/car from your place to the center and takes 15 minutes to Airport. Moreover,the apartment with a lot of convenient services, modern life style and luxury furniture. Especially a great view, where you cannot miss when you wanna enjoy Saigon in night and day as well :) If You would love to have one, you could contact me :) I will show you the best. My mail: [email protected]. or yahoo account if you liked :) Best regards. Hope can see you soon in Vietnam, Take care :)

Hi Eastboundndown,

If $$$ is not a concern, then District 1 in HCMC is the place to be.  But, since you are working at the airport, I highly recommend that you guys get something in between because traffic to the airport is kind of hectic. 

Best wishes,
Howie

Hi Eastboundndown,

With your regarding, I think Ha Do Villas in District 10 is the most suitable for you. That is a brand new serviced apartment that just open at July. It takes around 10 minutes to downtown and 20 minutes to airport. D.10 is so fun itself. Many restaurants, bars, cinema, coffee shop,.. close there so that you can enjoy very well the cultural atmosphere here.

[moderated: no free ads]

Cheers,

Dung

[b]When do you come to Ho chi Minh city. Please call me. I will help you
[moderated: no free ads]

As mentioned above you're probably better off living nearer the airport, as traffic is a major hassle esp at peak times. However, all the nightlife's in D1, but taxis are pretty cheap here esp for a group

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Dist 3, 1, 7 or Phu Nhuan in Saigon- Ho chi Minh is the good option for you.
Why they were a good option ? dist 1 is the center of Ho Chi minh city, the local call Saigon as well but here the price more expensive but quite convenient if you prefer the night life or meet the new expat friend...

Dist 3 and Phu nhuan near the dist 1 and airport....but the cost is cheaper little bit...you can hang out at night in dist 3 :lol:, if you need drop me a line I will tell you some places

Dist 7 has a good infrastructure but quite far head to dist 1, cost is more expensive but also depend on where you live....

HN is the place... never a choice for me..., as my perspective of Vietnamese ...due to I don`t like the culture, social, communication , town, work invironment and number of people, especially the inflation price ( should always ask how much "bao nhieu"....) , house in HN is most expensive place in VN, maybe the reason its a capital and centralize many "head guys" :D

Hope it make sense

Hi,

I think Phu Nhuan Dist. is the best. The rental here is not as expensive as one in Dist. 1 and you can go to Dist.1 for fun or to the airport easily. Phu Nhaun Dist. is located between Dist.1 and the airport.