Acoustic music scene in Kuwait?

I'm a recent arrival to Kuwait and I'm wondering: Is there is an acoustic music scene here? I play guitar and write and gigged when I lived in the U.S.; I fell into the category of folk/Americana. Are there any clubs or coffee shops here that feature acoustic music? Any open-mic opportunities? Any groups of players who get together to jam?

There are performances at Bayt Lothan from time to time which I try to attend, and there used to be performances at Organica restaurant in Jabriya which no longer take place. I did hear one guy playing acoustic guitar outside of Starbucks in Jabriya and really enjoyed it.

I guess there definitely is a scene but you will have to dig a little bit deeper than elsewhere to find out more. :-/ If you ever find people and place to perform, do let me know - I would love to listen.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't yet checked out any of the guitar shops; I figured I would ask them about the scene since they deal with musicians. Speaking of which, any good recommendations for guitar shops?

Al Dawliah - theres one on Beirut St. in Hawally, and then theres another one on Tunis St. in Hawally (opposite Muzaini exchange next to Hawally Park) and a third one in Hawally on ibn Khaldoun St., between the first and second traffic lights.

Organica Fish & Chips holds a live music night every Wednesday. There are so many other venues (as mentioned by other posters). Send me a message if you would like to know more.

Im a singer and play a little keys I looked all last year for people to jam with and play, sadly nothing happened. Ive sang for over 20 years in bands in the UK, still hopeful ;)

Yeah, I'm still looking, too. I need to find a good good guitar store and ask the staff if they know any possibilities.

The restaurant Torero in Arabella complex by the sea has live music every Monday. This is fresh info, however, it's better to check by phone as last Monday their vocals person was off sick.

By the way, good luck parking a car in there... Nightmare.

This is info for people who want to listen. As to joining the jam, sorry, I'm not sure. There is a shop with instruments in Avenues (keyboards, guitars etc) and perhaps even a dedicated one with guitars only, I think I've seen it on the mezzanine level but cannot remember if it was there for sure.

I know a good guitar store if you are still looking for one.... and i got a musicians discount there...

Any current information on live music, open mics and karaoke would be much appreciated!  Any day of the week, any place, anytime.  Thanks!

@wiilrock612 in this time of the year cultural activities come to a screeching halt. Activities resume next September when people are back from their vacations.

Here are a few things to be on the look out for:
1- Bayt Lothan Open Mic
2- Qout Market
3- Secret Garden
4- Dar Al-Athar Al-Islamiyah (Amricani Cultural Center)

Plus you can contact some of the musician who are active in Kuwait (mostly concentrated in Bayt Lothan and Loyac). You can find them on instagram and other social media. Good luck.

Thank you justfedup, I really appreciate the info! I'll be on the lookout