Immigrating to Ireland - how to get temporary residence & work permit?

Hi there

I'm a South African looking to move to Ireland to live & work,  with a South African passport we do not require a visa to enter & stay in Ireland for 3 months maximum,  however as I require a longer term stay, how do I go about getting a temporary residence/ work permit?  Can I move to Ireland & get a job within 3 months & apply for a longer stay visa?  Please advise on the various options available,  I don't have irish family/spouse

Hello Dine2014

Hope that soon enough some members will be able to help you out with your queries, I also suggest you to read out our section Work in Ireland to gather useful infos to help you well prepare your project.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello Dine,
To be honest currently jobs are hard to find in Ireland. But after some time, It might take you a month or a year, you get one. Once you settle up here Ireland is a great country.
I dont know much about work permits but I think you must have 30000 euro per annum contract to apply for a work visa.
inis.gov.ie    this is Ireland's official immigration website you probably find what you need to know there.
Regards,
Adeel