Cost of Electricity

Just bought electricity for the meter through an ATM and for 100k you now only get 85kwh last week it was 93.

I'm on a postpay at the monent.
I'll keep an eye on tge bill but haven't noticed any rise yet.

I read somewhere there is a planned 40% hike for electricity but I am not that effects domestic users but it has gone up regardless.

Selfish mode.

My bill runs at about Rp200,000/month, as high as 250 if we run the A/C in the daytime.
I'm unlikely to get too worried.

/Selfish mode.

Baby's on the way, I am sure the AC will be used during the day thats what keeps our electricity cost higher than it needs to be. I guess its about 350,000 a month which is  still not much really.

My electricity this month is 962.000 IDR.

Why?

That's normal luke, we live in apt

Electricity moved up in June already.....

Yeah, several friends pay electricity bill till touch number of $300 that's insane. For me, if electricity and water consumption touch $400, I'd better back to hotel life Lol. $5000 all in, no need thinking about maid, what to breakfast, security, parking etc..

Bella_Shu wrote:

Yeah, several friends pay electricity bill till touch number of $300 that's insane. For me, if electricity and water consumption touch $400, I'd better back to hotel life Lol. $5000 all in, no need thinking about maid, what to breakfast, security, parking etc..

Well if you have a budget to pay $5000 it might be correct if you live alone.

But you are right, there are houses with up to 23.000 watt and then the bill for electricity can be easy about 3.0-3.5 jt.

I pay average close to 2.0 jt for electricity and water, living also in an apartment.

I live with husband only in one suite ***** hotel before and cost $5000/monthly all in. also include 8pcs laundry Lol. Yes u are right, my electricity plus water consumption this month around $150. Which apt u stay?

I stay in South Jakarta.....

For some while now, I have been suggesting there's going to be a serious crash in the Indonesian economy.
The thing I see most is the massive building but no take up of many of the new developments.
Extremely high building prices and rents - far more than the owner or business can realistically afford,
Businesses in these new shops going bust, leaving an empty unit no one else wants to take up. Not only has the business lost money, but whoever rented the building to them, or maybe whoever loaned the money for the start up/building.
Way too many new cars on the road, mostly paid for by loans.

In one of my last places, the bloke had a new house at Rp800 million and a new car, but his electricity meter bleeped low quota warnings at him every day.
In other words, he was so stretched, he was putting just enough into the meter to keep it going because he couldn't afford Rp100,000.

All it takes is one problem and these people are in big trouble.
BBM is going up because the government can't afford the subsidy, as is Electricity.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/files/images2/graf.img_assist_custom-511x831.jpg

All the people on the edge are going to find themselves going down the cliff and, in my opinion, it won't be a long time before they do.

Now we have to look at the banks. These institutions were, before the new rules, lending to everyone and their grandmothers, commonly on buy to rent houses.
That's all well and good for the bank if their assets allow for the short term losses if too many people lose their home.
Sadly, many banks have been borrowing to loan so, if too many customers default, the bank will also default, buggering up the bank.
That's the savers shafted as well.

Batten down the hatches, don't take out new loans and watch your banks liquidity; the fuel rises may well cause very serious problems.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013 … loans.html

The liquidity problem has hit several Indonesian banks focusing on housing financing. For example, Bank Tabungan Negara (BTN), the housing loans of which comprise 86 percent of its credit business, had an LDR ratio of 100.9 percent as of December 2012.

The banks are aware of this and are looking for deposits.

https://research.standardchartered.com/ … _05_50.pdf

Our recent meetings with Indonesian banks suggest their high loan-to-deposit ratios (LDRs) could lead to more
competition for deposits and translate into higher funding costs.

However, I'm no finance geek, so I may be totally wrong.

Then again, see my above post, if BBM goes up again, we may well see more problems.