Relocation

I am living currently in Panama. Before that I lived in Costa Rica for 5 years and in Spain for 28 years. If you have questions or want help in relocate in those countries, ask. I am Luxembourger and speak German, french, english, spanish, luxembourgish.

Hi!

My boyfriend and I would love some suggestions of affordable, nature-type areas to stay in Panama.  We coming down from Boston from November-April 1, 2015.  We are looking for places to stay during that time that will help us decide where to buy in the future. 

We are both athletes-I am a distance runner and my boyfriend is a cyclist.  We usually do 2-3 hours exercise outside daily, so we are looking for a scenic, warm, beautiful place.  We also need a place with paved or finished roads.

My boyfriend is allergic to animals,, so we must have a rental that is pet free.  Our monthly budget is $500-800.
We eat raw food and fish, and would need to be in a place that has grocery stores near by.

Any ideas for places to consider and rentals available would be so appreciated.  Neither of us speak Spanish, and we are willing to learn.  We like simple, easy, nature-filled living-aka nothing fancy.

Thank you!!!!!

Barbara and Murray

Hi Barbara, before I can give you a suggestion or more than one, I need to know, the budget you said 500-800 USD is it for the rent only or what you have in total for the whole month? Your description is a bit contradictory, as you say you want nature but you need paved roads. Panama is not as developed as you might think. Yes there are places with paved roads, but those are the ones where more people live and less natural. Raw food is not a problem. You will find fruits and vegetables more or less everywhere. Raw fish, than it should be near the ocean somewhere. Do you want to live here year around and possibly work? Pet free? Well the house you might rent might not have pets, but take in consideration, that dogs and cats are everywhere on the streets, neighbours etc. So running and cycling, it can happen that you have them running after you. Tell me a bit more. Best regards Jeannine