Norwegian Student interested in moving to Sao Paolo Brazil

as explained in the title i am a young norwegian interested in moving to sao paulo brazil, if anyone could help me with pointers and tips as the where to look for a place, what to look for, what to be carefull with, where to get a somewhat decent job i would very very much appreciate it.
unfortunately my puertoguese is non existent for now, but i speak English and Norwegian fluently, if anyone has any ideas please pretty please send me a mail or pm.
i really appreciate it, thank you so much:)

Warm greetings from Norway

Hey Fauerholm!

I'm Brazilian, unfortunatelly not from Sao Paulo, I'm sure I can answer some general questions! Please fell free to ask!

i don't know the language at all, but i speak english close to fluently.
what jobs do you think i could do that i could do since i only speak english?
what should i look for when looking for an apartment, what is cheap, what areas or tells of bad areas should i look for.
are there any customs or special things i as a north european take for granted that could offend brazilians?

Hei

Portugisisk (latinsk språk) er svært forskjellig fra Norsk (Anglo-Germam språk). Du bor i paradis. Men jeg forstår at du vil ha eventyr. Begynne å lære portugisisk.

Manoel Carlos

Fauerholm wrote:

i don't know the language at all, but i speak english close to fluently.
are there any customs or special things i as a north european take for granted that could offend brazilians?

Well, it could offend people that you think you could have a visa and could obtain a job because you are north-european and speak english. You cannot.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u531/wjwoodward/ENGLISH_zps6781a35b.jpg

@Manoel Carlos,

Out of consideration to all of our members, when posting to this Anglophone forum, would you kindly post in ENGLISH ONLY.

There are 5 separate language-specific versions of each of our forums (English, French, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese) which you can access by clicking on the flag icon in the green banner at the top of the page and selecting the desired language from the drop-down menu. In each of those forums it is also required that members post ONLY in the language of that forum.

Thankyou for your cooperation and understanding.

Also, this is a rather old posting - from 2010

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team