How easy to open account in pattaya

is it easy to open bank account in pattaya while i stay on education visa ( non immigration ED ) - and what best and easiest bank i can go ? and if any one know document req.

It is pretty easy, walk in the bank and ask.
Some say no, can´t do, but keep trying.
Some say you need work permit, but you DON´T need that.
Have your passport, your lease, or letter from Hotel your staying.
Be sure to ask for the right ATM card, Normal the want to sell your the one that cost the must pr year.
Be sure to ask for internet banking, if you need that.

Have you ask you school to help you ?
I know many school make a paper for student to easy get bank account.
Some go with student to bank and help open it.
Some school have a understanding with some banks about it.

Only small problem can be if you from the USA.
As the USA tax Office or what the name of it over there, have make it so, all bank in the world have to do paper work on USA citizen every year, and some Bank in Thailand have say no to that.

u will just need a resident proof from immigration from soi 5 jomtian it will cost u about 300 baht and the best bank for expats is k bank

thanks for information

u r welcome

mido.eltamimi wrote:

is it easy to open bank account in pattaya while i stay on education visa ( non immigration ED ) - and what best and easiest bank i can go ? and if any one know document req.

There is no easy bank, sadly each BRANCH of every bank operates their own policies. You simply have to keep visiting until you find something that meets your needs(not theirs).

Personally I use the Bangkok Bank since they have International branches so they CAN be a bit more friendly.....but no promises ;-)

Documents, well BB only wanted my passport BUT as others have said a proof of address may be required.