PInoys Life in PNG

My husband has been offered what seems to be an attractive position in a senior management post.  All expenses are covered which includes housing, motor vehicle, gas, medical insurance, etc with only food and living expenses for your own account.  Salary of AUD200k per annum. But having read and researched the internet it seems like a very frightening place to live in with crime and violence out of control.  Is it really such a scary place to line in ...... postion is in Lae.  Would appreciate any information from people living there.  Am afraid to accept the position but would like to get some views.

I was offered a job in Madang, I am very interested to grab it. I learned a lot from the message exchanges.

My possible relocation might be end of this year or early next year. I am looking forward seeing more of your experiences of living in PNG.

Thank you very much.

My partner and I are currently working on our papers for our PNG Visa. I just wanna ask if anyone here knows any accredited clinic in Cebu City for my medical (partner had his medical done in his country). The company hasn't provided us with a list and I have tried calling the PNG embassy in Manila to no avail.

Hi
What is your current city like?
What is your current income? (Combine yours and your husband's and also plus super, renting....)
Do you have kids?  What kind of school are they going?  Private or public?  Are you paying Child care fee in your current country?
My husband is making similar amount you mentioned, but really we moving there for experience, we are not making any more money at all (LESS) considering all income we combine in Australia.
Security is not an issue, POM is the worst as far as I know, if you are not staying there, you are fine.

Good day.

Just want to ask for your comments on this:
i got a job offer in png, my prospective employer want me to take a business visa so that i can immediately join them.  And just apply for the regular working permit once i settled there.  is this ok? for my fellow filipinos out there, would appreciate your comments... :)

many thanks in advance for those who will reply.

hello everyone! i would be working there next month and hope to meet a lot of pinoy expats.:D looking forward to meet all of you! God bless

[Moderated]

Hi Everyone,

I am planning moving in Port Moresby and the total package is around Kina 221000/year (for salary K50,000/year). Is this a good offer? Currently I am earning $4300/month in Kuwait. Thanks

Hi!

I've accepted a job offer to work in PNG. Location is in Konedobu, NCD and I would like to ask if somebody could give me a heads up on what I should expect on the place.

Many thanks :)

To: NICOLE MLA, P1
    LJ_GORGEOUS
Hi, I've been reading your blog post and find it very interesting.
What is your status now?  Are you in PNG?
How do you find the place?  Did you got your packages?
Appreciate you feedback.
Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

Same here.  I got a marketing officer offer but still undecided,after reading news from the web, forum and blogs.
Always the peace and order...appreciate your feedback from experience.

Thanks,
Beauty2

Mount Hagen is located in the Highlands Region.. As I said, there's no place safe in Papua New Guinea, whether you are in Moresby, Lae, Mt.Hagen, Goroka etc.always trust your instict. If you love primitive and laidback lifestyle with high risk in a lawless country then you PNG if for you.

Wow dsvisper, "there's no place safe in Papua New Guinea".
maybe that's the reason they are paying good? maybe it includes the hazard pay.  But anyway, thanks.

i am bound to go to papua by the end of the month. any advice of what i need to bring. i will be working in mt. hagen.

Hi. I hope someone responds to my query. I have a job offer as Sales and Marketing manager/ personal assistant to the managing director, my employers are chinese-aus citizens. I am only offered USD1500 after the probation period plus USD200 for food/misc. but for the 1st 3mos was only offered USD1200 plus the same food/misc allow. They will provide accom,but i will pay for utilities. Is this acceptable? Ive been searching in google,and i cant find it there if K400 can suffice.  How much is the internet service? Please help me. By the way, ill be staying in port moresby, office is in the same compound.

hi ..regarding the commidities of the PNG is very highly and unacceptable ....i heard from my friend ...is't true mam
best regard
Purna 
nepal

thanks for all the post learned a lot

helo.. gud day.. i might be asign in PNG... but my prob is i have pulmonary scar.. do i still have the chance to get the visa?? your response is highly appreciated

Hunnybunny wunny.

The money offered to you for your food is far too low and will not cover utilities either.

Try this website for cost of living  www.numbeo.com 

Is the salary offered after tax or before tax ? It is too low even after tax and totally unacceptable if tax has to be deducted.

Good day everyone!:)
I hope someone responds to my query...
I have a job offer as a Safety Officer in PNG (Papua New Guinea) and being offered with 1,000 USD/month including the accomodation, traspo and meals. is the pay ok for a newbie like me?

Please help me decide..Thank you.:)

If the amount is after tax then it is ok for someone new to PNG. If not then it is low.

You will need to make sure that your employer has medical insurance cover for you.

Also airfares home as well.He covers cost of visa, work permit etc.

Hi, Are you now working in PNG? May i know if it is not confidential for you how much they offered you?

Thanks a lot.

jun_007

A little more information please.
Who are you referring to when you wrote your post?
What information do you need?

Cannot help you unless you are more specific when you reply to posts.

stumpy wrote:

jun_007

A little more information please.
Who are you referring to when you wrote your post?
What information do you need?

Cannot help you unless you are more specific when you reply to posts.

Hi stumpy,

Sorry for messing up. :( I am just a new member on this site. I cant find already the post I saw for accountant salary. I need to learn how this works . :)

I am a filipino, btw, working here in KSA and planning to work in PNG as accountant. They are offering US$ 5500 but i dont know if tax free or not. If not i think it will be reduced dramatically, bsesides no idea yet if Food, accomodation, transportation allowance and others are already included or not.

Thanks

mediconcall wrote:

helo.. gud day.. i might be asign in PNG... but my prob is i have pulmonary scar.. do i still have the chance to get the visa?? your response is highly appreciated

I think you got a big problem bro.

Since a scar even you are already cured, they are already hesitant/cautious to hire people. Just like our case that we didn't get our employee should be in the Philippines because they found out that He had PTB before.

BTW, i am a RN.

jun_007

Thanks for the clarification.

Is the money being offered for a month ? If so it is before tax. Tax will be 25% to 30%

The contract offer should include the following; 

All visa and work permit costs
Return airfares
Medical insurance cover with full repatriation costs.
Food allowance 
Safe, guarded, secure accommodation
Vehicle to and from work.

I suspect that the offer to you will not have all of the above items I mentioned. 

From the money offered I think they will want you to provide
your own food, insurance and housing. I hope not.

Your employer is obliged to provide the airfares as he is responsible for you whilst you are in country.

I am considering to work in PNG as an Accountant.. rather than in Dubai or DOHA. Can you please help me? Do I really need to tap an agency here in Philippines? And if the agency fee shoulder by me or the employer? Can you also give me the link where you get your employment.. Please Thank you!

dophened
Agency fees will have to be paid by you. Best do a Google search for work in PNG.

Thank you stumpy, somebody called me up, hopefully I pass.. Thank you.

Hi. Just posting an inquiry. I am being offered a job as an er nurse in port moresby hospital with a salary of $1,400-1,600. Is this within the average wage of nurses in the area? I would also like to know about your experiences as a nurse in PNG before commiting to the job offer as I am considering getting it. Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you in advance.

I am not a nurse but have worked in PNG off and on for many years
Does the offer include the following;

Secure accommodation
Medical insurance cover
Food provided or a food allowance
Annual flights home

Is the money offered before tax or after tax paid.
The tax rate is around 30%

Hope this helps you make an informed decision

thanks for all the infos, i am  considering to take the job offer in Lae.

(moderated: off topic)

hi, may i ask for the average salary of filipino accountants there in png, i got an offer of 4000 kina net, free medical insurance, transpo and accom...as i search the net, food and internet is very expensive maybe i could net in one month half of it. much thanks for your input

Hi all,

I got an offer in PNG. USD2500 net. Free fully furnished accomodation, car with gas, medical insurance, cellphone but not with load, yearly airfare ticket and performance bonus. Internet, food, electricity and other utilities will be shouldered by me. I was offered a Service Manager position in a real estate. Is the offer fine or its not reasonable for the position? Thank u for everyone who will answer as I am new here. Also I will be in Port Moresby.

I know someone who is working in PNG as a manager in the Accounting or Finance Department of a company. He's been working there for several years now. He used to come home here in the Philippines every 3 months and then last year it became every 2 weeks. Is it possible for someone working in PNG to come home to the Philippines every 2 weeks?

Bone_huntress wrote:

I know someone who is working in PNG as a manager in the Accounting or Finance Department of a company. He's been working there for several years now. He used to come home here in the Philippines every 3 months and then last year it became every 2 weeks. Is it possible for someone working in PNG to come home to the Philippines every 2 weeks?

That would all depend on the conditions of his contract.

hi good day sa  mga kababayan kong pinoy na nasa PNG..

tanong ku lang po..?
may nag offer po kc saken na magtrabaho sa PNG bilang architectural draftsman tapos ang sahod ko daw kada buwan ay K 2,500 including na po dun yung food allowance.. libre po bahay..
para po sa inyo makatwiran po ba yung sahod na offer nila saken?
salamat po..

mikebaste21 wrote:

tanong ku lang po..?
may nag offer po kc saken na magtrabaho sa PNG bilang architectural draftsman tapos ang sahod ko daw kada buwan ay K 2,500 including na po dun yung food allowance.. libre po bahay..
salamat po..

The forum language is ENGLISH so please post in ENGLISH only .

Thank you.

mikebaste21 wrote:

tanong ku lang po..?
salamat po..

how bout expenses for utilities/transport? multiply your offer by Php16 (which by the way is going down) will that be enough for you? As for basic necessities they are really expensive and offer little alternatives.