Please tell me the cost of living in Salalah and About Accomadation

Dear sir,
I am Dr. K.Rama Kotaiah from INDIA and i am selected as a faculty in Salalah college of Technology with a salary 1200 Oman Riyals.
Please tell me sir . How much i can save if i come alone and with simple living. I want to lead just normal person life. I got job in Salalah college of Technology through AL-Nawa HRD consultants. They are not providing Free Accommodation and Transportation.

You please en-quire and let me know   how much i have to spend in 1200 OMR with normal life.
Also bring to your kind notice that i am coming alone. Not bringing my family members. Is single bed room flats available in salalah / not. If available what is the approximate rent. Is sharing basis permissible in Salalah..
Please Reply me sir.

Hello Dr. K.Rama Kotaiah

I suggest you to browse on threads in our Cost of living in Salalah section of the forum so as to gather some information of the cost of living over there while waiting for members to bring you more up to date infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

khanoman76 wrote:

in salalah cost of living is middle and normal only

What is middle and normal with regard to costs ??
Can you give an amount??

Dear Dr,

I want to ask you about your offer, are you already in Oman?
Which company hired you? and how much time need to get clearance from ministry?
My salary is also 1200 also in Salalah college of technology; did they change it after time or it remains as it is, does it fit life costs and rent ....

Warda

EFL teacher

Algeria

You should be comfortable in Salalah at 1200 OR - that's per month, right? Cost of living here is pretty reasonable, but you can always pay more. Eating out - a local Indian restaurant can cost 3 OR per person or you can splash out at a high-end restaurant in Salalah Gardens mall/hotel for 8 - 15 riyals, more at hotels like the Crowne Plaza or Hilton.
Rents can be as little as 150 OR. for a modern 1 or 2 bedroom flat, up to 400 or more for a 2 - 3 bedroom 'villa' in a small compound. Efficiency flats (or 'studios' with a small kitchenette and bath) are available in Saada - near College of Tech - for 120./mo. but this is on a 10 month lease. Be careful that you sign a 12 month lease, as most landlords  prefer leases of 10 months only - allowing them to rent out 'your' digs on a daily or weekly basis during high-rent khareef (monsoon) season, July & August. If you are comfortable with that, and you don't mind packing out all your belongings for 2 months, you should pay a lot less for this inconvenience (the 10 month lease).
Car rental starts around 160 riyals /month for a small car. You can find local used cars, furniture and other items on dubizzle.com, a regional shopping site. There is no public transit - taxis are fairly good value if you know the standard fare, which is 500 baizas (1/2 Riyal) within Salalah, 1 riyal to get east to Saada (the College of Technology is there) or out to the west end of the city, Raysut & Ittin.
Groceries - cheap for locally sourced vegetables, dairy, fish, chicken and fruit - more expensive for imported goods. As you would expect. There are several large supermarkets and 2 hypermarkets, Lulu and Carrefour, located across a busy carriageway from each other on the west side of town.
Hope this helps.

Glad to hear from you Gremek,
detailed and comprehensive response
Thanks so much
I really appreciate it
Warda

You're welcome Wouroud. Good luck in Salalah!

Graeme :)

Thank you much Graeme
so kind of u