Why should i write on forum?!!

If im here for excatly a target and im not a good writer of topics or essays ..so why it enforce me to do so....??

May we know your exact target?

Filling our mailboxes up with unsolicited junk is not a target that I would support. The whole idea of Expat-blog is "Sharing our expat experiences", helping each other adapt to expat life.

Then why you joined this forum?  :huh:

Good question; why bother joining?????????????????????????

Bob K

I have my own company for marketing on egypt and i need some experts on taht field who r not egyptions with special specs..thats all

I answered above what is my target

Well, if you're looking to network then you'll need to let people know who you are on the forums because they won't answer your private messages in most cases unless they have some idea of who you are.

Also you can't send out copy & paste messages in the private message system anyway or your mailboxes get locked out.

So, you're either here to make friends and to become known to other members, or you're just here trying to promote some business scheme through mass mailouts, which is it? If it's the first then you're more than welcome here, if it's the latter then you're going to have great difficulty achieving your "target" because rules here don't permit.

Well put!

Bob K

I think the original post "why should i write on forum?!!" is because of the email we all receive after registration

Mine says:

You may have a lot of questions! The Expat.com members would be pleased to help you.
Introduce yourself on the forum and tell us more on your project of living in the Reunion Island.
Introduce yourself --> this is button link to the forum

What do they say

You are always right

Er is iemand die Engels kan spereken?

So Buny three posts to say nothing.  I would be surprised if you get PMs activated anytime soon with these kind of posts.

Bob K

Buny wrote:

Er is iemand die Engels kan spereken?

Zoals je ziet,  iedereen spreekt Engels hier.

Now back to English: what is the reason that you join this forum?
Is there anything you need help from others?

Y they keep on asking to post something

itsmecrazyyy46 wrote:

Y they keep on asking to post something

Well, you DON'T HAVE TO POST ANYTHING, that is you wish to be a "LURKER" (internet term for somebody who just reads posting on a forum and does not participate in any way) that is if you're content with just reading what other people post and you don't want to send private messages to other members.

Unless you post SUBSTANTIAL messages to the forums you will not be able to send private messages because your private messages privileges will not get activated. Simple as that!

If you want to send messages then you need to write something on the forum.

Lurking is good  ;)

Doing it for sometime before beginning to post is a good way of learning the ropes before diving in. That's what I did at the beginning.

Lurking is fine. You can learn a lot that way.

Filling the threads with HI and other useless posts is not fine as it adds nothing to the forum.  Rather just lurk :)

Bob K

Farhaz wrote:

Lurking is good  ;)

Doing it for sometime before beginning to post is a good way of learning the ropes before diving in. That's what I did at the beginning.

Me too because I was overwhelmed with so much information that I didn't know where to start.
Before I knew it I was posting and replying and at that time I didn't know either there was something like a mail system...

Hi,

I think it is a good idea to encourage some sort of participation in the forums and maybe a good way of preventing mailboxes from getting overloaded etc... but I think overall it's a little bit on the side of restrictive. There seem to be some unexplained "bugs" in the website where it just won't let me post replies to messages that I have got... it could be because i've reached my message quota but i'm not sure because no warning is displayed... it just deletes the text and provides no feedback. It's kinda confusing... not sure if anyone could comment on whats going on.

Your problem is the copy & paste spam you sent out

Meet expats all over the world

OR