Tennis in Makati

Hi,

I live in Makati and would love to meet up for a game.  I am not a member of any of the local clubs (Makati Sports, Polo Club, or Rockwell) but I know of a couple of places where we can rent court space for less than 10 Euros.   I'm open to other options as well.

Message me if you are interested and we can set something up.

Rob

hey rob,

thanks for this post. i have been looking for a tennis court in makati as well but have not found any that is conveniently available. i'm up for a game, please let me know the details. thanks!

Anybody want to play tennis this week?

Yep.  Just let me know when :)

tomorrow at 6,  I'll meet you at san lorenzo gate, and we'll walk over to the courts together.

You're on.  See you then...

We're looking for games, singles or doubles. We don't know a lot of courts around so if you can recommend any that's be great too.

don't trust that Rob person. I went to play with him and he drugged my water and stole my tennis racket and brand new tennis socks. I had to walk home without them and you can imagine how my feet smelt

aaahahaha, pretty sure your feet would smell better afterwards as they can hardly get any worse.

davidoak wrote:

don't trust that Rob person. I went to play with him and he drugged my water and stole my tennis racket and brand new tennis socks. I had to walk home without them and you can imagine how my feet smelt

thank you for the information.

CanAmCouple wrote:

We're looking for games, singles or doubles. We don't know a lot of courts around so if you can recommend any that's be great too.

Courts are located in most of the Villages (Magallanes, San Lorenzo, Dasmarinas, Forbes and Rockwell)  As well there are some tennis clubs - Polo Club, Makati Sports Centre etc.  Shangri-La and Ascott Hotels both have courts as well.  I.M.O - the best bet is to find a friend with access and tag along.

You're welcome to try San Lorenzo sometime with me if you like.

Rob

What about, we try to play in Manila. i travel to Manila sometimes. let me know once u ready bro.
[email protected]

rico

davidoak wrote:

I am flabbergasted! Did it really happen? Goodness. I am so sorry to hear about it. Anyway, if you guys really want to play tennis you can PM me so I can list you as my guest at the Makati Sports Club. It's safer there and I know some of the coaches in case you need one.

Feel free to email me so we can arrange it. It won't be free but rest assured that I will not mark up the court fee so don't worry about the charges. I think it's only PHP 200 per hour or something like that.

Let me know, okay?

Life is good...

Cheers,

JB

Anyway, if you guys really want to play tennis you can PM me so I can list you as my guest at the Makati Sports Club

So you're a member?  Do they charge PhP 200 per hour to members?

Hi Malmon,

Yes, I am a member but like I said I am not sure about the court fee but I can ask for you.

I only play squash and badminton but I don't really get charge each game because they just deduct it from my alloted consumable amount. When you get to be a member, you pay each month a certain amount imposed by MSC some covers for the maintenance and staff and then some of it can be consumed for your drinks at the bar, food at the restaurants there and also for accommodating your guests. So technically I am being charged but if I get to have guests I just have to sign it. But you will have to pay me of course...

I'll check the court fee when I get a chance and post it here for your reference.

I hope this clears your query about the fee concern.

Cheers,

JB

Hi.. I've been in Manila for about 2 weeks now and live in the Fort at Taguig City.

I'm looking for a tennis court, preferably one where I can find an instructor/coach to pick up the game..

JB - I saw your post and had been once to Makati Sports Club..

Like you said, they require authorization from a member to start playing... Let me know if you could introduce me at the club to start playing...

any other suggestions to find a place welcome.. Please let me know.. Thanks

Prab

hi everyone,

Im currently learning tennis and want to buy a second hand professional tennis racket for myself.
Pls let me know if you want to sell or dispose your tennis racket that I can buy for reasonable price.

hi, I am not sure if you are still in Manila. But I am looking for someone who has membership in MSC.One of my friends lives around and want to use the facility inside. Unfortunately they are only allow members to go in. Is it ok for you to add my friend to guestlist so that he can play there? Of course, he will pay the court fee or whatever fee inside there. Please reply me if you can still have this message.

thanks

SouthSea Beauty wrote:

Hi Malmon,

Yes, I am a member but like I said I am not sure about the court fee but I can ask for you.

I only play squash and badminton but I don't really get charge each game because they just deduct it from my alloted consumable amount. When you get to be a member, you pay each month a certain amount imposed by MSC some covers for the maintenance and staff and then some of it can be consumed for your drinks at the bar, food at the restaurants there and also for accommodating your guests. So technically I am being charged but if I get to have guests I just have to sign it. But you will have to pay me of course...

I'll check the court fee when I get a chance and post it here for your reference.

I hope this clears your query about the fee concern.

Cheers,

JB

Hi

Is anyone playing tennis nearby Legaspi Village or Salcedo Village? I would like to join if possible

RayL

where can  inquire tennis essons near pateros preferably taguig makati area

Hi JB

Can you recommend coaches for Tennis and Badminton at the Makati Sports?
I'm staying in Salcedo for a month from next week and would like to train during my stay.
Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a tennis court in the San Lazaro Sta. Cruz Manila area.I am a novice player but would like to play and learn more about the game of tennis.
I live near SM Mall San Lazaro Sta. Cruz ,so a court near here would be great for me.
Hope to hear from anyone and thanks for any info.

Réal D

Hi there,
any tennis court near by Greenbelt shopping mall ?
so i can have set or match on my offday ?
i live at Flabella near Royal thai embassy.

Cheers,
Ben

Hi Ben,

The only tennis courts that I know of near you are at the Makati Sports Club on L.P. Leviste street in Salcedo Village.
You need to be a member or be invited by a member to play there.
I also live in Makati. I used to play tennis in high school and college but I haven't played in a few years. I'd like to start playing again on weekends. Let me know if you hear of anything. Maybe I can tag along?

Best regards,
Rafael

Hi Guy's If your looking for Hitting partner just contact me or drop just a Message.... Good player here and I teach Tennis til now so hopefully meeting a Good match here. I preferred someone could host both the court fee and the ball boy... :) If you guys seeking for Trainer's for tennis I can refer to you from Makati, Manila, Pasig and even Quezon City Area.

hi guys...am in the  makati area from 1st deb to 7th feb.....anyone fancy playing tennis...can play any time day or night....intermediate level i guess...hope to hear from someone!!!

also looking for a coach or hititng partner during 1-7th feb......am an out of towner so any help appreciated..thanks guys

Hi Guys
Just arrived in Manila and member of Rockwell club, anyone looking to play tennis give me a shout as I can arrange court
Cheers
James

Domcrisa wrote:

Hi Guys
Just arrived in Manila and member of Rockwell club, anyone looking to play tennis give me a shout as I can arrange court
Cheers
James

hi james.. willlig to play tennis game.. :) message me anytime

Still looking  to play tennis??... What's your rating..

Thanks
Rey

Anyone looking for a Match.. Looking anyone above 4.0.. In Makati....
Thanks
Rey

Hello there folks.. I live in Makati and have been playing for quite a while. Let me know if anybody's interested.

cheers...

U want to have a game?

I am interested to play in makati too.

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem as you. Dying to play tennis but still in the process of finding a closeby tennis court that's affordable and walking distance from Legaspi village where i live.

Anyway, how much is 10Euro in pesos?

Tess

Hi JB,

I have to start my letter all over again as i accidentally pressed the wrong key and lost my message. Anyway, i gathered you are a member so how much do you charged? I also used to play squash but haven't play for over 20yrs since i took up tennis. I have played tennis ever since but don't mind a game of squash now and then.

I have actually bought a new squash racquet (never been used) since i couldn't find access to tennis.

Anyway, please let me know how much you charge and what's involved. Thanks

Cheers
Tess

hi Tess, 10Euro is about 500pesos

Hello,

You can message me if you want to play tennis in makati. Iam a member of makati sports club so we can play there. It is near salcedo park in salcedo village. There is 6 courts. 3 indoor/3 outdoor.
I can play in the morning during week and weekend but iam not good haha i think iam intermediate.

thanks!

Thanks for the offer. Ok, you're you on but what is your name and where are you from? we are from Australia on work posting here. Is it ok if i bring my husband too because he is also not very good at tennis but better in squash. I played a lot of tennis competition back home but have given up in the last 5yrs due to shoulder problem.I only play socially now just to meet people, have fun and for a bit of exercise.

Anyway, when do you want to play and how much will it cost?

Cheers,
Tess

I am looking to play Tennis (Indoors) at Makati Sports Club.
If you are a Member & I can play as your guest, I will gladly pay the Court Fees.

Shafiq