British international school

Has any one have information about BIS in accra we have moved recently to ghana and I have 3 kids 7,9,11 years old

My son went to British International School for Class 1 and then he came back to America.  He was fine and was up to par with his American counterparts.   He had picked up the Ghanaian accent English but that actually was good as far as I was concerned.   I recommend the place.  I thought the staff was quite attentive.   I rank them highly because my son was speech delayed and he was able to improve and do well.   There were some doubts about whether he could handle it but it ended up being a good experience for him.

The infrastructure of most of these schools are incredibly impressive, and I believe that is what they use as a selling point. About 3 years ago i tried to make an inquiry into enrolling my 4 year old daughter at the time. During my orientation, there was a nice young lady who assisted me, but before I left other staff members came around and then the goofing in Twi started. Thought twice about what my daughter could be exposed to.

I went through the same exercise at American International, and I just wasn't comfortable with the reception and what I expect in teaching my daughter according to the standards published on these websites.

Point - too much local language and social influence than on basic education. My opinion. I will yield eventually to something soon. They are all incredibly exorbitant, perhaps only to weed out not-too-serious applicants...