Getting married in Kuwait

I am a British man and wish to marry a Kuwaiti woman. We are receiving conflicting advice and very confused about the rules. Would she lose her Kuwaiti citizenship and passport if we were to marry? What about benefits etc?
Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Brit77 she would not lose her nationality; she would not be entitled to all the benefits of marrying a Kuwaiti, however in the end the decision is hers and nothing can negate that.

however, make sure that her family is on board, first and foremost.

@Brit77 don't worry my friend. I agree with @legacy 100%. The only thing you guys would lose (if we consider it a loss) are the benefits of marrying a Kuwaiti man, which I think don't matter much (unless you intend to marry her for the benefits only :P j/k).

But let's look at the bright side:
- Many Kuwaitis spend their holidays in the UK, so if her family is from those who frequent to "Landan" as Kuwaitis call it you will have the benefit of the in-laws dimension.
- Your children (should you decide to have) will only be as expatriate as you are. And since the British citizenship is well respected here they will actually be able to have a good life here PLUS they will be citizen in the UK.
- Many Kuwaiti families have very good relations with expatriates from the UK or the US, even better than their relations with other Kuwaiti families. So if her family is from this "type" of families you probably will be better integrated with the Kuwaiti society.

The rule of thumb is as long as you love each other for the right reasons and your families are supportive ... things will be good.

Good luck

Hello every one,

I am an Indian and I would like to get married a Filipino girl.

we both Muslim.

please advice me what are the documents required to get married in court.

thanks and regards

Civil ID or passport for resident applicants    -    
Letter from the Executive Committee and the personal identification for illegal resident applicants    -    
Determination of heirs for widow applicants    -    
Letter from the Public Institution for Social Security, if the husband is a student, a dealer, a retired, or unemployed    -    
Determination of heirs, if the guardian is deceased    -    
Divorce certification for the divorcee    -    
Special power of attorney    -    
Marriage permit from the employer, if the husband is a military man    -    

you know even tho this blog is here Google is still able to answer 97.8% of your questions:
link

Apparently the easiest and fastes way for foreigners is to travel to Cyprus :)http://www.cyprusembassy.net/home/index … p;cid=1045

unless of course kuwait is not party to the (Apostille) Convention of 5th October 1961, rendering the certificate moot and useless "/

Hahahahaha :) ofcourse :D

i dont recall anyone asking for your number tho "/

second, EB is NOT a dating website, so your profile should be changed.

third; off topic.

fourth; please stop embarassing us :S

On topic: I got marriage proposal from the same person in PM  :o

i believe he has been dealt with and deleted, way to go EB team ;)

now it makes our comments look crazy Maja :S

for the record; I DID NOT PROPOSE TO MAJA! (or vice versa) I am happily married, please dont tell my wife this ever even came up :P

Hahhahahah. True :)

majanova wrote:

On topic: I got marriage proposal from the same person in PM  :o

popular girl!  lol

:D

Hi salam everyone,

:)  I would like to seek advice on having my nikah here in kuwait. My fiance is a pakistani muslim who works in saudi and me working here in kuwait, is it possible for us to have our nikah here? And him with his visit/transit visa?

Thanks all...  ;) advices will be much appreciated.

francheska29 wrote:

Hi salam everyone,

:)  I would like to seek advice on having my nikah here in kuwait. My fiance is a pakistani muslim who works in saudi and me working here in kuwait, is it possible for us to have our nikah here? And him with his visit/transit visa?

Thanks all...  ;) advices will be much appreciated.

This one time, in band camp!  (oops, wrong story line)  :P

I was listening (third party) to a conversation last month on the same subject line and the couple was having problems because the 'male' was being told he had to prove "residency" in order to complete their papers... something about a female cannot be a petitioner and therefore the male needed to be the resident ... 
but, that said... maybe Legacy or someone else can offer more specific information on the subject ... 

Good Luck!

"This one time, in band camp!  (oops, wrong story line)  :P"

hahahaha.. :lol:  American Pie! epic

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : plese post in english only on this english speaking forum

Hi . can a woman marry if she s on family viza? what documents will require? Please answer.

How to contact to you

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I am Married in the Philippines but we've been abandoned by my husband for a couple of years now, we have 2 sons and we have no news about him. I have a new Filipino boyfriend now and he's single, we want to get married in Kuwait, what's the step that we could do so we could get married aside from filing an annulment in the Philippines. Annulment in the Philippines is so expensive and take years. Help please...

Hi,

I m hearing for the first Time,great happy married life.But the Kuwaiti women will be expelled from all government benefit's.

You can get married under sharia law...but first you need to convert to islam. You can get married in ministry of justice here in kuwait.

Thank you :)

Am swedish muslin can i get married
Kuwait women.
Thank ypu.

And scond question ,before married.
In which way i make dating kuweit woman.

Thank you.