Mom in Beirut

Hi everyone
I am Brazilian but I have been living in USA since 2010.My  family is moving to Beirut in October, 2014. I would like to meet new friends, who could help me about some doubts, like what is the best school in Beirut. My son is 7 years and he is active boy. Where can I go with him to hang out? I would like to learn French, where is the best place? Thank you for help me.

Where in Lebanon are you going to live?

I am going to live in Beirut, close the acs

Ok . Beirut have many good school but little expansive.

You have also Beirut Modern school and german school.

Hi dear, we are living in Beirut since beginning of 2013. Do not worry, there´s a good level of education here, mostly bilingual, I would say. You can find plenty of good schools in most of the quarters of Beirut - either French or English. Well, they are private and you have to pay. Governmental schools are only Arabic, I think. French schools usually do not want to accept kids without any knowledge of French, except of toddlers. One of the best and most prestigious French school located in a quite safe area is definitely Notre-Dame de Jamhour. In the downtown there´s a Beirut International School (EN). While choosing a school for your baby please consider the location and transportation.There´re school buses available for some fee, but once you see the traffic, roads and conditions of buses you will most probably decide for individual transport:) I always chose the nearest school from security point of view, as you never know what can happen here in a minute. On the other hand the life here is precious and can be very luxury! I love it here. You will find here how to live and enjoy every day if you haven´t so far: I hope this will help you a bit. Look forward and good luck. H*

Hi H
I am very happy with your post. Actually we decide the American Community School. Can you send me your email.
Thank you.
Viviane

I see, it´s next to AUB - nice location:) for us it´s bit too far. You can write me on [email protected]. Take care, Hana

Hello .
Did u move to Beirut or not yet?
My name Is Marcelle. If you need help Just email me at [email protected].
I also have a 7 years old boy.. do you want english school or french school
There is the ACS school and IC school, u have also well Spring school,
etc...

Hi
I am arriving next month until 15 th October .
I am going to send you a email