How can I find a flat to rent or to find flatmates in Réunion

Hi Everyone,

I'm a hungarian girl, planning to move to Réunion.. I don't remember since when I would like to live in a exotic country. Now I have a chance to move. Until now there was always something which hold me back, but now I am really ready to follow my dreams.
Yes I have many doubts about what'll be when I arrive to a faraway place where I know nobody. But still there is something within me which constatly urge me.

I think that I have to try myself and what if I won't succeed... I can always come back home, but at least I will not feel that I just haven't given a chance to live that place where I always wanted. Am I right?

Well, can anybody give me assistance how can I find a flat to rent or what is better to find flatmates in Réunion?

Thanks
Eszter

Hi Eszter,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for your this introduction.

I have created a new topic as from your post on the Reunion Island forum.

You might have a look at the housing in Reunion Island section and post an advert as well.

hi ezstos,

this is a big challenge!!! where would you like to live ?
what do you do for a living?
i'm reunionese and i can give you a hand to give you a start and give you some advice!! Or i'll try!!

cheers,

christelle

Hello Christelle,

I would like to move in november. So far I haven't applied any jobs because I think it's rather hard to find it on the internet than personally. I would like to live in the capital but not by any means.

I have been working as an accountant but I'm not sure that I could find a job on that field as I am not familiar with the accounting policy of Réunion and stuff like this.
Before, I worked in the catering services as a waitress and as a pizzaiolo and I worked in a hotel as well. So it maybe matches better. I speak english and french on an intermediate level.

Do you think it is nonsense to set off without nothing?? I hope, it is not.     : ))

Cheers,
Eszter

i personally wouldn't do it but i find it very courageous!!!
i think you'd better settle in the west or the south .... i mean if you want to work in a restaurant or a hotel you have better opportunities there. but you have to know that it's really difficult to find a job even for Reunioneses!!

if you are a night owl you'd better live in the southern ..or the western part of the island

christelle.

Welcome to the island..am sure you will like this place..
My wife has a studio to rent n St.Denis centre.it is near hotel Juliet Doddu and Bar à choix.in case you are interested,you can view the website.."lebarachois.e-monsite.com".
Wish you all the luck in Reunion island.
John.

Thanks Christelle,

Yes, I know that it is hard to find a job there, the unemploymet rate is really high. Unfortunately.
Good for you :) it is easier to you to live there as you belong to there

And many thanks John,

I'll go to the website to check the flat

Eszter