How it looks opening deposit in Bank?

How it looks opening deposit in Bank?
Do I need cash 5000 USD or equivalent of PGY or I can make transfer to bank account, or pay be credit cards ? Deposit is in USD or PGY ?
Regards

This was my experience two years ago:

1) You need $5000(US) or the PYG equivalent. You can choose a USD account or a PYG account.

2) I attempted a wire transfer to Paraguay originally that never went through. Now living here international wire transfers are incredibly easy, depending on the country of origin. So....it is possible but it's going through the SWIFT system that definitely has bias' as to the source of funds.

3) Originally, with the transfer problems, I simply withdrew the funds from my credit card for the $5000.

Hi Endriu and welcome to Expat.com :)

As you have previously posted on an old thread, i created a new topic with your post on the Paraguay forum.

This will give much more light to your questions here. ;)

Have a nice day

Priscilla

To get a cedula, you must show that you have an account with $5000.  Usually it is done in USD by wire transfer.  There are banks who will allow other currencies.   Our bank, Sudameris bank is great at dealing with foreigners and is one of the safest in the country.  Good luck

What are the total requirement getting a PR for Paraguay??