Well said - Ice Bucket Challenge in Kuwait

"The craze is now doing the rounds of various expatriate communities in Kuwait. An American expat said she would donate some amount to ALS but wont waste water for the ice bucket challenge. How I wish I can stay in a pool of icy water, because that is what we really like to have in this temperature right now in Kuwait. But I wont waste water for that, she asserted. I was challenged by a friend but I wont do it in Kuwait. Water is very precious here  maybe I would water some plants instead but I do care for the noble cause of ALS and I will donate something for it."

well said; if ur itching for ice water u can always go to oxygen gym in Jabriya, I heard they had an ice-cold pool.

the concept in Islam is if you are donating to charity or giving alms to the poor etc. then "your left hand should not know what the right spent" meaning you should not  go about bragging "I donate to charity".

Its a craze, and unfortunately it has caught like wildfire.

I do think it is annoying, but on the other hand they did manage to receive way more funding than they did in the past, and I guess that is all that matters in the end.