A new life in Serbia

Hi I'm Astrid and have just come back from Serbia. Have completely totally and utterly fallen in love with the country and plan on upping and moving there soon.
It will be in a village just outside Svilajnac where there are no English speakers at all. That doesn't really phase me too much as it means my serbian will come along in leaps and bounds except for the grammar that is! That's tripping me up every step of the way.
I will be leaving behind my daughter and grandchild but she surprised me and gave me her blessing! Adding I'm not getting any younger!
I have friends in Bobovo so won't be alone, it's just taking those 1st few tentative steps.
I have travelled around the world and the only other country I could have settled in was Fiji but that was more of a day dream!
Look forward to making new friends on here and gaining advice and tips on relocating to Serbia.
Astrid

Astrid0270 wrote:

Hi I'm Astrid and have just come back from Serbia. Have completely totally and utterly fallen in love with the country and plan on upping and moving there soon.
It will be in a village just outside Svilajnac where there are no English speakers at all. That doesn't really phase me too much as it means my serbian will come along in leaps and bounds except for the grammar that is! That's tripping me up every step of the way.
I will be leaving behind my daughter and grandchild but she surprised me and gave me her blessing! Adding I'm not getting any younger!
I have friends in Bobovo so won't be alone, it's just taking those 1st few tentative steps.
I have travelled around the world and the only other country I could have settled in was Fiji but that was more of a day dream!
Look forward to making new friends on here and gaining advice and tips on relocating to Serbia.
Astrid

Astrid all I can say is good luck Serbia is beautiful I am in Bezdan close to Sombor and moved from South Africa to here, so for me was a very big step but every day became easier. God bless
Regards
Alet

Hi Astrid,
I read your story and for me it was interesting because you were mentioned a little village near Svilajnac and I also have a relatives in village near Svilajnac. :) Funny to know somebody had been in Serbia and visited some other places except Belgrade and Novi Sad.
I wish you good luck with your new life in Serbia! I would help with some information, if you have some questions about life here.
All the best! :)

Hi Jovana
Hope you are well. It's been nearly a month and I am still missing Serbia so much. I am going back for a few days at the end of October. :)
What village are your family from? I was staying in Bobovo and hopefully that is where I plan to relocate to. I intend to complete both my English teaching courses so that I can offer 1-1 tuition but plan to complete that up to business level.
I will probably have 101+ questions for you at some point! Where in Serbia do you live?
Best Regards
Astrid x

Thank you, your's seems to be a even bigger step. What made you decide on Serbia? What do you do there? Have you settled in well? Oh so many questions!!
Best wishes
Astrid x