Moving to KL in Aug, Schools and area to live possibly with a dog

Are the mossies really that bad?

We are looking at Gita Bayu as well and I hate mossies any advice would be great..

I am more than happy to help you, feel free to email me at [email protected] to specific your criteria. Thank you.

Bandar Utama and AISM ... they are so far apart. anyway, there are so many good choices in-between. Why not find out from the school the bus routes first, and use that to decide where to stay?

hI stef alex

Bandar utama and Damansara is nice place to stay and the price little expensive to rent or buy . Welcome to my home town.

We have everything in Damansara expect no beach !!!

Hi there
My name is Mary and I would love to help you
guys
I am a real estate negotiator
I live in Kuala Lumpur which is not far from
ampang where the schools are - ISKL and Alice Smith

As for choice of schools I may not be able to help
but I am trying to find somebody who knows about them
to enlighten me then I may be able to advice you

As far as housing is concerned I can definitely help
You locate a house or condo
I would like to know your budget, type of furnishing
- full or partial, bungalow with pool or without, condo high rise, low rise, no of rooms,
Size etc

If you plan to bring your dog then there are many
houses available
The rentals are from 10k ringgit or above for a fairly
good one with pool

Please do not hesitate to call me
My mobile no is 016 2215405
Landline 03 28587464

Tq very much for your interest in our country
Mslaysia welcomed you with open arms
I hope I will be able to meet your needs

Tq & cheers

If you

Hi Jane, KL is a great place to live and like you, we like to live in the city area.

Firstly, I am afraid dogs are not usually welcome in Condominiums nor in public places or transport - malaysia.angloinfo.com/family/pets/  That may help you to decide about housing and bringing your pet.

Most families with school-age children do not live in KLCC (I know of one family who live just off Jalan Tun Razak in the area called Ampang). As you have read earlier, bussing kids to school has to be arranged or you will need to be on the road with your own (or rented) vehicle each schoolday. 

About schooling - I don't have firsthand knowledge but here is a list of what is available - kualalumpur.angloinfo.com/af/250/kuala-lumpur-schools-and-international-schooling.html  There is an Australian School.  Other curriculae will be different and prepare for different exams.  You need to think ahead and if you know you will return to Oz then changing system may be difficult.

An important aspect is to plan where to live around where you or your husband will be working.  The commuting can become very long and tiring if you live in the "wrong" place. Your housing budget will also dictate where you can afford to live with the size of your family.  KLCC has the highest rents.

All the best.
D.

Unfortunately the only way to cope with Mozzies is to live in an area that has a high incidence of Dengue Fever.  The local Council then will be spraying regularly and keeping the population more under control.  That is one of the good reasons to live in KLCC and parts of Bukit Bintang. There are probably other areas where weekly or monthly spraying takes place.  Perhaps enquire about this at properties (management office).  Personally I need to live in a non-Mozzie area as they really "like" me....

Hi there,

I was just reading your post and wondering if you decided on AISM? My husband is considering a position in KL and I have been researching options for schooling & housing. My boys are 11 and 9 ( year 6 & 4). I also have a 20 month old. We prefer not to live in central KL as my boys love the outdoors.

Thanks.

Hi, have sent you a private message. We started at AISM but it wasn't a good fit for us and the boys are now at ISKL which we love.

j0amelie wrote:

Gita Bayu isn't great for facilities outside GitaBayu...it's a bit in the middle of nowhere. It's not far from Putrajaya or the Mines, but too far to walk. They do have a shuttle bus, or minibus driver that takes people out and about though.

Hi! We will move to KL in December and considering AISM and Gita Bayu. My husband will work in Sasana Kijang close to Bank Negara station and considering the bad traffic is thinking to take the train from Serdang station to go to work. How will he get there? You mentioned a shuttle bus from Gita Bayu, where does the bus take you? Maybe Serdang station and AISM? :-)

What is the best way to find a place in Gita Bayu? Just show up there and somebody can show you what's available or you need to contact a real estate agent? can you recommend one? Are the prices negotiable in that compound?

Where else could we live close to AISM? How is Blue Water? It seems attached to AISM.
I don't care if we live in a condo or a house as long it is close to AISM, connected to Serdang station, with swimming pool and playground for kids.

Thanks for your help!

JaneO wrote:

Hi, have sent you a private message. We started at AISM but it wasn't a good fit for us and the boys are now at ISKL which we love.

Could you tell me why? what was the problem? I am considering to put my kids at AISM.

ISKL and that region north-east of KLCC/Ampang is far more convenient for working near Bank Negara station, and has better choices of places to live, such as Beverly Heights (lovely houses and pool/sports etc.) and access to the city centre (shuttle bus) as well as expat and international living and goods.

The commute to work would have to be by car though, but should be OK.  It is nearly impossible to live close enough to a station to walk to catch the train anyway.

My kids were in Aussie schools and I found the discipline level far too low and the kids too rough.

If anyone looking for a unit to rent in Gita Bayu. I do have a unit available in Gita Bayu. It is a Gita Bayu Town Villa, town house. it has the size of 1308 sqf and 3+1 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms the 1 room and the 1 bathroom is for the maid. The house is furnished with 4 airconds and the master room has the wooden ceiling like the kampung or balinese style. It is available to view now. If you are interested do contact me my name is Andrew Wong  at [email protected]

Is there AISM school in KLCC (for 3,5 year)? Thanks

No.