New members of the Haiti forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Haiti forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Haiti if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm a (WHITE) junior Marine Science student from the states trying to work out how I can live in Haiti after I graduate. I've spent 3 non-consecutive months there so far. I'd like to stay close to the Central Plateau region, don't necessarily need to be on the coast. I've pretty much made up my mind I'm going to live there, just not sure exactly how yet. May be looking at an aquaculture (fish farm) job, which would be cool.

Good people

I am soon moving to the Capital of Haiti to take on a job for 3 year contract. I am a Kenyan citizen ie in East Africa. I live and work in Nairobi as a Development Expert. I have worked with several International Development Agencies and the Kenya Government consulting in a variety of Democratic Governance and Social Development issues. Looking forward to life in Haiti. I wish to know more about the people, culture, food and basics like housing, schooling, medical/ insurance etc Thanks

HI to all,

Iam curently living in Haiti ...a country that i know since 37 years as i grew up here and in Geneva.I am planning to move to Ecuador, a country that i dont know at all ..but i v heard a lot a positive things about. i am unemployed for the moment and would like to find a position there ..in Ecuador if possible. I speak English, french and Haitian creole, iam a logisitic and project officer. I worked for the United Nations for 15 years and had my contract cut here in Haiti because of budgetary reasons. I came in Haiti after the Earthquake of 2010 as logisitic officer for UN OCHA , then i was Logistic Officer for IOM ( Inter. Organization for Migration) and finish my last contract as Project Officer with IOM also during the emergency response. If you have any ideas for me to be able to work and move to Ecuador , they r more then welcome as i am struggelinghere to find a professionnal opportunity. Thx inadvance

Hello my name is syndie Noel I left Haiti at the age of 5years old I return to Haiti 3years ago for vacation and fell in love with the country I am a medical assistant I love helping others I want to move to Haiti if I can find a job there any ideas feel free my email is [email protected] thanks

Hello sir madem
My name is singh I m living in pakistan , I hope coming soon in haiti ,
Thanks
Your regards
Parwinder singh

Hello - new to this site. I am Adrian and lived in Haiti for five years as a contractor. I have close ties in the community and wish to grow my network.

Hello to everyone my name is Sheraz and im currently living in pakistan and coming next month hopefully so may i know something good about haiti like PaP and any suggestion for me ? I'll be happy listen . . .

thank you for the warm welcome!

My name is Monette and I work for Partners in Health as the Director of Biomedical Engineering department. We are responsible for maintaining, repairing and calibrating the medical devices of the Hospital in Mirebalais. I am originally from Haiti and have lived in the US for 13 years now.

je suis vally je suis nouveau sur l'expat-blog, je vis en haiti je travaille comme responsable de projet pour un ONG, j'aimerais avoir quelques orientations sur comment fonctionne le site, sur comment poster un offre pour vendre quelques choses, je veux savoir aussi est ce que je peux publier des postes qui contiennent des liens si non, pourquoi?

Dear Syndie

Please go to www.pih.org and look for join the team and you can look for employment opportunity. You can check out webrelief website and Jobpaw.com for opportunities in Haiti in your field.

I'm thinking of buying cheap land, would love a job while I help rebuild. Joe 1-5707935856

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls )

Je suis étudiant en psychologie, j'aimerais bien continuer mes études universitaires en Argentine mais je ne connais pas les étapes.

Raldy21 wrote:

Je suis étudiant en psychologie, j'aimerais bien continuer mes études universitaires en Argentine mais je ne connais pas les étapes.

Hi and welcome to EB.

As this is an English speaking forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that others can understand your post and perhaps offer information or advice.
Thank you for your understanding.

Bonsoir à tous et à toute,

Nous sommes AJPEF une association de jeunes professionnels en éducation fondamentale. Apres avoir passer plusieurs années dans le système éducatif Haïtien. Nous voulons apporter notre support à un autre niveau dans le système éducatif en procédant a l'ouverture d'une école Fondamentale pour les enfants dont leurs parents n'ont pas les moyens de payer les frais de scolarité pour leurs enfants. Et aussi donner aux enfants l'opportunité d'avoir une éducation de qualité. Merci de nous visiter sur facebook par ce lien:

facebook.com/pages/AJPEF-HAITI/

Et un Grand Merci à tout ceux et celles qui veulent nous aider par une subvention ou nous aider à trouver des support logistique (Bancs, Chaises, Tableau) ou autres Matériels didactiques = livres, cahiers, crayons, plumes, craies, tableaux,  afin que ce grand rêve puisse devenir une réalité pour ses enfants qui ont besoins d'une éducation de qualité, car ils sont l'avenir de ce pays.

We are a professional AJPEF youth association in basic education. After having spent several years in the Haitian education system. We want to give our support to another level in the education system by performing at the opening of a Basic School for children whose parents can not afford to pay school fees for their children. And also give children the opportunity to have a quality education. Thank you for visiting us on facebook through this link:

facebook.com/pages/AJPEF-HAITI/

And a Great Thanks to all those who want to help us through a grant or help us find logistical support (Benches, Chairs, Table) or other educational materials = books, notebooks, pencils, pens, chalks, tables, so that this dream can become a reality for her children who needs quality education because they are the future of this country

valliere25 wrote:

My name is Monette and I work for Partners in Health as the Director of Biomedical Engineering department. We are responsible for maintaining, repairing and calibrating the medical devices of the Hospital in Mirebalais. I am originally from Haiti and have lived in the US for 13 years now.

i monette how r u,im a nurse i just want to know the possiblity to work in mirebais hospital.tx 4 write me back

coucou tout le monde!!je suis une etudiante finissante en nursing  de l'universite Notre Dame d'haiti je cherche un emploi merci de me contacter.-47043516

@ loverick > As we are on the Haiti anglophone forum, please introduce yourself only in english here please.

Thanks

Priscilla

Bonsoir AJPEF,

Je vous félicite pour ce grand travail que vous êtes sur le point de réaliser c'est très positif ! Bravo

P.S: j'aimerais apporter ma contribution, comment je peux faire ça...

Durame

Durame wrote:

Bonsoir AJPEF,

Je vous félicite pour ce grand travail que vous êtes sur le point de réaliser c'est très positif ! Bravo

P.S: j'aimerais apporter ma contribution, comment je peux faire ça...

Durame

Please read post #21 from one of the admin team members regarding using English only of this anglophone forum.
Thank you.

Hello to my fellow kababayan in Port Au Prince, haiti. Im newbie here looking for Filipina friends. [Moderated:please do not share any contact number or address on the forum]

Hi,
I'm a 26 year old English Teacher from the UK currently living in Laos.
I'll be moving to Haiti in July/ August 2015 for two years with my partner.
If anyone has any contacts to help me find work teaching in Schools/ NGOs/ or private work, I would really appreciate the help!
Thanks
Ellie

Hello

I am Jean Sufra, I was born in the United States but my parents are from Haiti. I came to Haiti after the earthquake and fell in love with the country, I would love to have the opportunity to work in Haiti because its a beautiful country also would really love to help the country in many ways. I have a great understanding of the country, also open to many ideas what can make the country a better place. Would really love the opportunity, anyone that has the connection please contacted me with any questions or answer thank you!

Hello I am Geralda Antoine, my nickname is Gess ,am  living in Haiti, i speak creole french and english very well and little spanish , and am a student in ticketing& tourism, if ever you need a translator, or a travel agent am all available , contact my email or a call.the pleasure is all mine to join you all.

Hello to everyone!

I am Julio Presendieu. I live in Phoenix Arizona. It was a pleasure meeting you on this social network .

Bye!

In addition to my initial post, I am Haitian. Currently, I am pursuing a PhD in Public Health and working toward my research  topic,  that is postpartum depression in Phoenix Arizona (USA).

Thank you,

Julio Presendieu, B.S., M.H.A
Phoenix, AZ

Hello Jean Sufra here from New Haven, CT still would love to have the opportunity to work in Haiti. I speak English also Haitain Creole. I am open to work as a translator position

Greetings all,

My name is Loick Muyuka. I was born and raised in D.R.Congo but spent my last 14 years in the U.S. I moved to Haiti and would love some assistance with finding employment. I hold a Bachelor degree in Business Management with a marketing minor with a lot of different experiences from my past employments. I also speak french and english. It's an honor to meet you all on this network.

Warm Regards,
Loick Muyuka

Nice to meet you Mr.Loick and welcome.

Hi! My name is mireille Germain Boucicault. The reason why I would like to move to Haïti because it's time for me to go back home. And I would like to work in one of the beautiful "HOTEL"

Hi .
   I am a medical graduate . I have experience in administration and management of health center ophthalmology and GPship. I have done savrel projects with NGOs in Pakistan.  Now I am looking any organization to adjust me and to work for humanity.
Waiting for your prompt reply. 

Thank you all.

Hi I have always loved Haiti, and I would like to move there some day. I get real angry when people call Haiti a crappy third world sh**hole. It is so much more than that, and not all Haiti is poor. I love learning as much about Haiti as I can.

I signed up for this community because I'm seeking housing for a young man I know who lives on La Gonave, has finished high school, and is ready to pursue studies at a technical college in Port-au-Prince. He prefers the Alliance Technique school which has multiple locations around PaP but he's open to any opportunity to train for a suitable career.

If you have any recommendations, please contact me ASAP.

If you have suggestions outside of Port-au-Prince, let me know. I've recently learned there are technical schools in other cities, too.

I am somewhat fluent in French which is how I communicate with this young man I met in March 2014 while I was in Anse-a-Galets for 5 days. If your French is better than your English, feel free to send me a message in French. I do not speak or read Creole.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Introduction thread. Please drop an advert in the Vehicles classifieds in Haiti section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello! I've recently moved to Les Cayes for the next several months, and am working as the assistant director at a medical clinic. Looking to meet other expats living in the Les Cayes area to get to know the city better.

hi, hope you are fine.where are you living now.thanks

hi, hope you are fine

Closed