Job for my wife

Hi there,

A question has came up in my family.
Once when me and my famlily arive to Bahrain, set up our life, is it difficult to find a job for my wife?
Se is a lawyer, "unfortunatley" she is specialized on public administration and hungarian law, however she speaks a reasonable english and adopts new duties easily.
Thanks fo your advice.

She maybe able to find work in one of many law firms here in Bahrain.
May take a bit of time, I am sure she eventually will be able to be gainfully employed here and use her skills and training.

In my experience, unfortunately, it will be quite difficult to find a job in the law firms here.  They tend to be very commercial/finance based and if she can't speak/write Arabic it's very hard.

My advice is for her to learn Arabic in her time while she waits for something to come up - that may make her CV more interesting to the law firms here.

scottrace wrote:

In my experience, unfortunately, it will be quite difficult to find a job in the law firms here.  They tend to be very commercial/finance based and if she can't speak/write Arabic it's very hard.

My advice is for her to learn Arabic in her time while she waits for something to come up - that may make her CV more interesting to the law firms here.

Would this also be the case with firms that deal with the banking sector? In my experience, most banking and large commercial contracts are drawn up in English and in fact some of them are based on English Law.

Wont the law she has learnt be totally different here though? Maybe getting a different type of job may be better, her CV will prove her intelligence and getting a job should be fairly easy for her.

Dear Josnuggles,

I think you are rigth!
She's learnt Hungarian and EU law.
Anyways, thanks for all the comments and advices!

I have worked with lawyers from different places of origin and training, here in Bahrain. I don't think it really matters where you got trained when it comes to applying for a job in legal (and indeed in accounting) firms. So do not count this out. :)

Thanks for your advice.
We will see.

Don't worry ! Bahrain is a great country ! Bahrainis are very friendly and there are many Europeans living in Bahrain and many of them has settled in Bahrain for better and new life ! So Hungarians are always welcomed in Bahrain ! :)

My point was that if she is not a commercial/banking lawyer it might be difficult.  My speciality is not in those areas and in order to do anything other than those, Arabic is pretty much a must.

scottrace wrote:

My point was that if she is not a commercial/banking lawyer it might be difficult.  My speciality is not in those areas and in order to do anything other than those, Arabic is pretty much a must.

I understand your point now, scottrace. Thanks for the clarification.