New members of the England forum, introduce yourself here

Hey

Have you settled down yet cuz I see this post just now and its few months old too.

Hope you're having a fab time in England :-)

I' haven't settle yet, and I haven't found a flat too. It's really hard to find a six mounth contract there

hi, thank you so much for your reply :) .

Hey peeps am carol from USA,I was just hoping if there will be any chance of getting a good job in london

Hello,how are you guys doing?...am kinda having a problem with my private message system,I don't know if any one can help

carol7 wrote:

Hello,how are you guys doing?...am kinda having a problem with my private message system,I don't know if any one can help

Yeah sorry for the inconvenience. Fixed now for you.  :top:

I think I have the same problem, I can't send any other message before I put a message in the forom, but I did it a long time ago now and it's still the same thing

nicolas83278 wrote:

I think I have the same problem, I can't send any other message before I put a message in the forom, but I did it a long time ago now and it's still the same thing

To activate the PM system you have to post a number of threads on the forum. These have to be informative and relative to the subject. You can answer other posts with advice or information. One word posts are not accepted as being informative.   :huh: 
The more you post the bigger your PM system becomes.

ok, but as I'm trying to find a maximum contacts in Bristol, this system is a bit anoying for me :/

Hello all

@nicolas83278 : Kindly note that the main purpose of  Expat.com is to help expatriates around the globe to get connected in order to help them in their expatriation purposes. Also, so as to prevent misuse of the site and protect our million members from spammers, this system has been put in place.

So as to benefit from your private message, I invite you to bear with the terms and conditions of the site and participate on the threads to help our members.

Best Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi friends,

I would be travelling to UK, wish to make few friends before moving in.

Hi ravi
welcome to London.
are u coming to london or to other city?
Best wishes

Hi All :)

Am Leena from Egypt, and am planning to move to London by the end of this year, i have 3 years of experience in the Human resources field . how can i find a job ?

It's not easy to get a job in England due to the high unemployment. In order to get a work permit, the employer must show there isn't someone capable to fulfill that role. With the current high unemployment, most likely there will be.

Hi Leena,

The best way to find a job in London is to get in touch with recruitment agencies. There are few in London that are reliable and serious about what they do.
Make a contact with the agent who recruits in your field, drop an introduction email, connect on LinkedIn and they will do the rest.
What position are you looking for?

M.

Hey, Thanks for your message, i will try LinkedIn but yeah i know its not easy, i work in the human resources field

Excellent

Hola soy gloria educadora social de 30 años.en octubre voy con.mi novio a brighton a buscar trabajo y no tenemos aun hanitacion.estamos buscando como locos habitacion doble en piso compartido asi que si teneis habitacion libre o conoceis a alguien con habitacion libre por favor poneros en contacto conmigo [email protected]

Hi everyone,

Steve from NW England.

Hope to find some info out regarding the Sadara project in Al Jubail.

Hello everyone, I am new to bristol, don't know many people, if anyone interested in meeting for a chat, ore maybe I meet .....-)

Hi, I'm moving now to the UK from Johannesburg, South Africa. How were your first few months?

Hi,
I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa, and new to Birmingham , UK?
I would be interested in connecting to fellow South Africans in my area or the UK in general.

Lauren

Hi , you maybe have me mixed up with someone else, i am not new to the u.k. i am a british citizen, on holiday at present travelling home this week via Bangkok,. i live in the n.w. of England near, Liverpool / Manchester, if you get that way give me a call, if you need help or anything.my e mail is [email protected]  name Phil. hope to hear from you.

I am spartacus wrote:

Hi , you maybe have me mixed up with someone else, i am not new to the u.k. i am a british citizen, on holiday at present travelling home this week via Bangkok,. i live in the n.w. of England near, Liverpool / Manchester, if you get that way give me a call, if you need help or anything.my e mail is [email protected]  name Phil. hope to hear from you.

Hiya I am Spartacus

just a quick one........not sure that broadcasting your email address is a good move. There are so many scammers that sneak passed the system (try to anyway) you may get some unwanted mail.......it's just a thought.
hope your holiday was fantastic,
Chuckle Butty

yes maybe your right.

hello everybody ,
I am Amr from Egypt conseder living in uk within the next year as a trainee doctor .. please tell me if salaries of doctors in Uk is enough for living and saving some money consedering high costs .. my salary would be from 33,000 to 40,000 £ pa

reed.co.uk
gumtree.com

Hi,
I am congolese maried to a south african and living in his country. We are planing to move to the Uk next year. Any help in terms of work, renting information or advice will be welcome.
Thanks.
Allegra
Bonjour,
Je suis congolaise, mariee a un sud africain et residant dans son pays. Nous nous preparons a demenager pour le Royaume Unis. Toute aide, en matiere d'emplois, de maison a louer ou de conseils me serait extremement utile. Merci,
Allegra.

I'm currently completing my final M.A year internship in France as an assistant project manager and cherish the desire to get on the train of life starting by the wagon of an English speaking country.

I chose Brighton to start my journey and will be there by October 1st although I have not found a housing yet.
I'm open/international-minded and come here to meet people and have some good tips on getting an accomodation.

Hi friends,
My name is karleen blake. I am on a mission to explore my knowledge in my profession of nursing. And even to furture my education to higher levels of medical studies. I choose England cause its a dream for me to have my ucation completed their.

Hi! My name's Kate. I'm not an expat, but have been in the past, living in various places in Europe and the Far East. I work in internationalisation of ad campaigns, so sometimes need to connect with expats here in London for paid consumer research.

hi my name is khaled i m currently working as an anesthetist in Egypt,i m willing to travel and work in London to gain more experience in my specialty,still the IELTS exam is the obstacle.

khaled hassan wrote:

hi my name is khaled i m currently working as an anesthetist in Egypt,i m willing to travel and work in London to gain more experience in my specialty,still the IELTS exam is the obstacle.

In the British medical system, it's essential to understand and be understood clearly.
One simple error in language could easily mean the death of the dude on your table.
A good course will help your skills a lot, but you have to engage in regular use of your English.
An hour a week will get you nowhere, but an hour a week with lots of watching English movies and hanging around with people who speak English will greatly improve your chances of a reasonable score.
Good luck.

thank you for your advices,hopefully i will pass it soon

Hi,

Been back in England 1 year after 15 years in the US -  I have dual nationality and have lived in both countries.

Feeling very homesick for America and Americans.  Would love to reach out and find some kindred spirits.

I am in Bristol with my 3 little girls aged 8,9 and 10.  Separated from hubbie in America - came here because we have family support - but miss our old life so much.

Hoping to hear from others in similar/same boat

Cheers all,
I haven't relocated as of yet...quite a possibility though.  So, have a million questions as expected.  Looking at Surrey or Norwich?  Which one is closer to London?  Which one is more child friendly?  Which one has more affordable homes?    That's a good start I suspect!  :) 

Adrianne

Hi .
I am living really near to Salford I f you wana share house or flat contact me.. If you need help about something wel come  :)

Happy to be amongs you and part of you I hope we shall interact and be togethher
Thank you awfully
charles from cameroon

salam alikom
i am karim from algeria too.... i will be soon like you new in bristol.....i am comming on the 30th of september i hope we can meet.....i am looking to settl down in bristol but dont know anyhow i am going to do....
see you

Hi I'm Becki from Ireland. I was born in Ireland but have lived in London ages now as half Irish from dad's side & British from mum's side.

I blog about cancer & life in general.

copingwiththebigc.co.uk

Closed