What To Do About Mail

We will be living in Hamala.
Can anyone advise about mail?
PO Box or do they deliver?

HI, If you really need to have mail get it sent to your employer if you can. Been here three years and for every one letter sent to you one is lost on route! Even An Phost are better:)

Dear Omeath,

as Miketpk suggested its always better to give your office address instead of residence, if you want a po box for personal use you need to apply for one at the post office, im not sure whether Hamala has a post office, the head post office is in Bab al bahrain. But post are delivered to residential address as well if all the correct information is provided like road, block, building no. but you never know.

hopefully if anyone else has more info they may reply back

T&R
Arjun

We have post delivered, but some items have got lost.  We tried to get a PO Box in Bahrain mall P.O, but none available. I would think that for Hamala, the Budaia Post Office is nearest. I would agree that for anything important a PO box, whether company or private, is safest!

We only use our home address and we have never had anything lost - granted it's not the quickest but never caused us a problem.

For anything important we use Aramex.

Same as Scottrace - deliver to my home, never a problem as all the bills seem to arrive on time (unfortunately)

- ditto -

I too use my home address for all posts and have not faced any issues so far other than a slight delay sometimes.

If post is sent to you from outside Bahrain ensure it is sent recorded delivery or it will more than likely disappear

A friend of mine went to the post office the other day and found that he had 3 posts waiting for him to collect - despite the fact they left no delivery notes whatsoever. I received a delivery note for one item the other week but when I went there, there were two items for me to collect. So sometimes paying a visit to the post office in Muharraq helps if you are not sure whether your package is lost or not.

I use our home address and not had a problem yet.