Blog - why so many views and no answers / replies

this is a puzzle to me - lots of people viewing but few if any replies

anyone care to give an answer?

Hi toonarmy9752,

To what question?  :/

Armand
Expat.com Team

to any question i have asked and there have been a few Armand...... as i said plenty of views but no replies - whats the point?

Unless users reply or at least try - then this will go nowhere and thats not what the blog is about is it.?

Hello toonarmy9752

The forum is also a means for expats to gather infos that they need, and many of them find answers in others threads..That's why there are mostly views.

Those who have specific questions, or have answers to questions participate..those who don't just cut across to gather other infos ;)

That's how it goes.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

thats a ridiculous answer if questions are asked and nobody answers - which is mostly the case here inthe cyprus forum -  that cannot possibly further the knowledge of those who are seeking information!!!!!!!

i cannot understand the users or readers viewers of this forum - all the subjects have lots of views but rarely does anyone respond.... why i dont know...

been here 6 weeks looking for information and this clearly is not the place to get it...

I prefer to only make factual comments about topics rather than just general comments, hence not much input.

factual comments can be very useful as well, just keep the comments or help sought comments coming. do not give the blog the cypriot shoulder shrug which speaks volumes when you are in the right.

There are forums which are very active and some don't.  I think the title does the job for the half.
How many times you think it can be interested, so you read it but it wasn't?
Or you don't know the answer?  I prefer to react when I have something to add instead of " sorry,  can't answer your questions" (unless you want to increase your posts).

And yes, there are members who are here to gain information as much as they can but not share their experiences or help others.

As someone looking to move out to Larnaca next year, I joined this forum to learn from those who have gone before me. I am simply unqualified to offer advice so tend to read, not write.
Hope that  helps to answer your question?

Steve

Harvey17 wrote:

As someone looking to move out to Larnaca next year, I joined this forum to learn from those who have gone before me. I am simply unqualified to offer advice so tend to read, not write.

Steve

I do understand that..... But questions are good too...as without questions there wouldnt be answers to the things you are trying to find out about thus nothing to read. It doesn't matter how simple or stupid any one might think it is - believe me when you don't know  - you just don't know.

'As someone looking to move out to Larnaca next year, I joined this forum to learn from those who have gone before me'.

Just wondered if this will be of more help to you

http://www.easterncyprus.com/

Toon wrote:
Harvey17 wrote:

Steve

I do understand that..... But questions are good too...as without questions there wouldnt be answers to the things you are trying to find out about thus nothing to read. It doesn't matter how simple or stupid any one might think it is - believe me when you don't know  - you just don't know.

I think most of the obvious, intelligent, questions have already been asked previously so I find trawling through past posts saves me asking the questions again.

Harvey17 wrote:
Toon wrote:
Harvey17 wrote:

Steve

I think most of the obvious, intelligent, questions have already been asked previously so I find trawling through past posts saves me asking the questions again.

assuming of course.... nothing has changed.... we all know rules, regulations legislation and government dept requirements changes.....

I think it is because you did such a brilliant job of answering everybody's questions in your Sticky 'Tips for new arrivals' that you have answered all the questions already Toon!

:whistle:

Ray

A nice sentiment Foxy but am sure there are more questions that need to be asked