Possible scam?

What a great story !! Where is your wife from? Maybe that makes a difference. The girls from around the big cities like Manila are different,  right? I have heard girls from Davao make good wives.

rp1147 wrote:

What a great story !! Where is your wife from? Maybe that makes a difference. The girls from around the big cities like Manila are different,  right? I have heard girls from Davao make good wives.

She is from Northern Luzon...

(Moderated: Expat.com is not a a dating website)

Its easy to be gullible , its hard to use commonsense and due diligence , because this takes work . Like anything in life ,that i want to do well at .....DO YOUR HOMEWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( just a suggestion)

You Guessed right she probably  has many on internet there are many sights ... never send money Ever , unless you have met them and know them .... When you are there so many Beautiful girls  everywhere .. Forget the internet sights if you are serious .. Go there, it's a Paradise of Love

vetretreat wrote:

She is from Northern Luzon...

My wife is from Ilocos Sur, same no money deal.
Back in 1991 pen pals were the way to go, and I sent her a stamp with every letter so it would not be an economic hardship for her to write back, and after 6 months she requested that I no longer send her stamps, she could afford to write to me once a week.  We will be returning to celebrate our 20th this fall. I started out writing to many, and received collect phone calls, which I refused, begging to support existing children after telling everyone in my first letter I was not interested in anyone with children, and a host of other insincere attempts.  Internet dating is just a newer version of the same, but may be harder for girls in the provinces to get to an internet cafe to respond and afford to do it.  The pen pal people I used to get the introductions was based in Cebu and did not encourage anyone to deal with anyone from Manila, of course they had other services, such as background checks to sell you in Cebu, but what they said did ring true.  Met some good people from Cebu, even kept in contact with one whose husband called me after they married and she came to Indiana on a spousal visa.  This is not to say there are no good people in Manila, but whoever you are dealing with requires time and patience, adopting the manana attitude is a great resource in this area, will be rewarding in the end.

Emotional BLACKMAIL MATE!!!!! Just let it go and use your proper head with the grey matter instead.Money has never or will buy love. You are lucky!!!!!!!!

(Moderated: Inappropriate posting)

amaglow2 wrote:

You Guessed right she probably  has many on internet there are many sights ... never send money Ever , unless you have met them and know them .... When you are there so many Beautiful girls  everywhere .. Forget the internet sights if you are serious .. Go there, it's a Paradise of Love

I strongly disagree with this if you are looking for a wife...By going there the physical thing almost assuredly will begin within a matter of days if not in a matter of hours or minutes...Once that happens you will become disillusioned by their beauty and the roll on roll off factor...

Even though the internet offers a much greater percentage of scammers, lady boys, social climbers, desperate women, etc...there still is that percentage who are truly wanting to find a man whom they can love, have a family with, be financially secure as most women in the world do...With much patience in weeding out the bad merchandise over time and finding two, three and even four potential mates you will have the opportunity to get to know one another via the cam, body language and determining the honesty of each one..The honesty issue is important that is why I like yahoo messenger to archive all conversation and also you should record all your video conversations...By doing  that anytime you feel their story is not the same as in the past or you catch them in an outright lie you can go back and check...

I did that with my wife and two others for up to nine months before ever meeting them and I did meet all three.. That is when the physical attraction came into play...After meeting the other two first(no sexual attempts) who were both very beautiful one young and one old I went to meet the third(now my wife) and it was like just what I thought she would be on the net...It was truly love at first sight...I had never caught my wife in any lies whatsoever on the net and it hasn't changed since we have been together for over 2 years now...She tells me everything even if it may upset me, but how can you really be upset with a woman like that...

My point is unless you are only going for the LOVE of SEX, you are right, get over there as quickly as possible, bang all you can until you THINK you have found the right one but don't become emotionally attached for sexual reasons...Most women use SEX to trap their man and once the marriage bounds are in place all the dishonesty, deceit and differences begin to surface in the majority of those fornicated relationships...

Think about this...Many people get married after a couple of months of being together and only see one another a few hours a day without that much intelligent conversation..What better way than to meet someone on the net and spend continuous documented chatting two, three, even more the four hours a day...This will bring on an emotional attachment in a more realistic way without being blinded by all the physical factors...

I also think it is important to pick a Filipina with a decent education who is not illiterate  and ignorant..It will play an important part in a long term relationship...

vetretreat wrote:
amaglow2 wrote:

I strongly disagree with this if you are looking for a wife...By going there the physical thing almost assuredly will begin within a matter of days if not in a matter of hours or minutes...Once that happens you will become disillusioned by their beauty and the roll on roll off factor...

Even though the internet offers a much greater percentage of scammers, lady boys, social climbers, desperate women, etc...there still is that percentage who are truly wanting to find a man whom they can love, have a family with, be financially secure as most women in the world do...With much patience in weeding out the bad merchandise over time and finding two, three and even four potential mates you will have the opportunity to get to know one another via the cam, body language and determining the honesty of each one..The honesty issue is important that is why I like yahoo messenger to archive all conversation and also you should record all your video conversations...By doing  that anytime you feel their story is not the same as in the past or you catch them in an outright lie you can go back and check...

I did that with my wife and two others for up to nine months before ever meeting them and I did meet all three.. That is when the physical attraction came into play...After meeting the other two first(no sexual attempts) who were both very beautiful one young and one old I went to meet the third(now my wife) and it was like just what I thought she would be on the net...It was truly love at first sight...I had never caught my wife in any lies whatsoever on the net and it hasn't changed since we have been together for over 2 years now...She tells me everything even if it may upset me, but how can you really be upset with a woman like that...

My point is unless you are only going for the LOVE of SEX, you are right, get over there as quickly as possible, bang all you can until you THINK you have found the right one but don't become emotionally attached for sexual reasons...Most women use SEX to trap their man and once the marriage bounds are in place all the dishonesty, deceit and differences begin to surface in the majority of those fornicated relationships...

Think about this...Many people get married after a couple of months of being together and only see one another a few hours a day without that much intelligent conversation..What better way than to meet someone on the net and spend continuous documented chatting two, three, even more the four hours a day...This will bring on an emotional attachment in a more realistic way without being blinded by all the physical factors...

I also think it is important to pick a Filipina with a decent education who is not illiterate  and ignorant..It will play an important part in a long term relationship...

Well said, take your time, get it right the first time.

I've been married for 6+ years now. When I was in the search process I thought I had found the perfect one... Then I decided to open up a fake profile "Mike" using a friend's photo (with permission). He is handsome and younger than me. I began to write my perfect one with his profile, and to my disappointment she began to write back with interest. I never told her about the fake profile and I never said good bye either, I just stopped writing and did not answer her letters. 15 months later I thought I had the perfect one again. She was attentive, silly, fun and serious about me; she would also not take any money when I offered. So... I put my other profile "Mike" back into action. My first letter to my new perfect one went no where. My second one was pretty much the same; nothing. My third letter however got a reply. It said "Dear Mike, it is nice that you are showing an interest in me and asking many questions. I do not want to appear rude by not replying to your mail so I will do so only this time. I have been chatting with a man for a few months now and I believe he is the one that I want to have a future with. Thank you for your interest, but my heart is already taken so there is no need to write me any longer. Sincerely,_______.

I came to the Philippines to meet her, fell in love, and returned to live here. We married and then I brought her to the states on a K3 visa. We are now back in the Philippines again, hopefully living here for good.

End of true story.

Good job!! That was brilliant by the way. I had the same thing happen to me...AFTER I CAME SEE HER! Well, I was on a business trip and she met me in Manila. But, soon as I left again.....I did same as you and busted....

with all certainly women online are lair's. I have been in the Philippines now for over 10 years and my first 3 girls i met online and all three lied about themselves. I finally I ditched the internet search game after i got here and met a girl in person.She is NOT a material girl... that was in 2006 and we are still together to this day...Yes her family is poor but she makes sure her brothers who work if they borrow money she will be knocking at their door to have them pay back the funds. IF you are not here in the Philippines it is best you meet someone in person. but also beware there are scammers also like that in person.

camshh wrote:

That's the right thing to do. :)
but then, if you really like -- love her and you feel that you really need to help her, that amount of money will not bother you.

I am sure most here have already retuned their "Scam-dar" to detect this lady as being that, a scammer.  My point is more to the "if you love her."  I have found that there is a cultural gap here that often relates to Met online, talk for a few weeks, there is love!!!

Any person wanting to come here must make clear plans and put those into action.  Yes, include the ones you want to meet in person but just as you are "shopping", do not think that many others are not shopping. 

My advice is to meet during the day ONLY, spend a few hours and depart.  Do not meet in or near your hotel!!  Repeat the process, if possible but do not ..DO NOT view the meeting as just a way to get her in bed.  Do not even try to have sex in the first few meetings as it both cheapens your goals and places you at greater risk if she is a scammer. 

Do as much research as you can on RA 9262 (Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children ) and understand how this law can place you in a real bind even when you are not guilty.  Once you have sex, a bad lady can claim your words are abusive (could happen after you refuse demand for $$), or that you have made a verbal threat against her or that your words alone = "psychological violence" and she is protected.  This "protection" can result in turning you into an arrested foreigner waiting felony charges if you do not agree to a "settlement". 

Be careful as your name can show up in Hold Departure Order (HDO) list for having a case of RA9262 against you!!!

PS.  Google "member-of-9262-club"

better luck get a girl from the province  ... not the city....also find someone who is not internet savoy. no cell phone etc etc dirt poor she will cling better

Is that true?

Girls from the provinces have more need to escape I think.

Thoughts?

OzFreddie wrote:

Is that true?

Thoughts?

You may find it a mixed blessing.  Bigger cities attract more looking to survive here in the PI.  That means more pressure to get P/$$.  Whereas, the provinces seem to be filled with people that are more humble, more accepting of their plight and often happier with much less. 

Selection of a good lady is not exclusive to nor solely dependent on a "provence mindset".  Good/bad intentions come from all people regardless of location.  We are only dealing with the "laws of probability" and not absolute rules of engagement. 

As others have already stated, you must come here (post research on culture, finances and local mindsets), meet, evaluate and move forward (if there is a true interest on your part & hers) based on face to face meets.. all else is just emotional reactions to theories of pre-meeting based "likes and/or love".  YMMV

kanolee wrote:

with all certainly women online are lair's. I have been in the Philippines now for over 10 years and my first 3 girls i met online and all three lied about themselves. I finally I ditched the internet search game after i got here and met a girl in person.She is NOT a material girl... that was in 2006 and we are still together to this day...Yes her family is poor but she makes sure her brothers who work if they borrow money she will be knocking at their door to have them pay back the funds. IF you are not here in the Philippines it is best you meet someone in person. but also beware there are scammers also like that in person.

Kanolee, Your opening line is totally incorrect...Apparently you did not read my earlier post...I say this: WITH ALL CERTAINTY THERE ARE WOMEN ONLINE WHO ARE TOTALLY HONEST AND ARE TRULY LOOKING FOR A HUSBAND AND A BETTER LIFE..In FACT IT IS POSSIBLE TO EVEN FIND A EDUCATED BEAUTIFUL WOMAN AS I DID...In my posting I made the comment most of the women(about 70 to 80%) are liars, scammers, desperate and or social climbers...If you use the net intelligently it is a very cheap alternative to finding a woman of your dreams than spending thousands of dollars to go to a strange and culture shock country only to find you are being scammed on a daily basis with no one to support you...If you had never been to the Philippines when you met your wife for the first time you were a very lucky man you weren't scammed or even worse...

OzFreddie wrote:

Is that true?

Thoughts?

Make sure you read Calif-Native's assessment of RA9262...There are many Expats in jail because they were scammed by women with children and once they were together they accused the man of molesting their child and or sexually abusing the women they met...I know of a guy who met a girl in CEBU who was accused of raping her after he arrived...It cost him over one million pesos to get out of the scam...REMEMBER; IN THE PHILIPPINES PESO IS KING..THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE....

Yes exactly move to a place away from her family also ... no others to live with you ...

vetretreat wrote:
OzFreddie wrote:

Is that true?

Thoughts?

Make sure you read Calif-Native's assessment of RA9262...There are many Expats in jail because they were scammed by women with children and once they were together they accused the man of molesting their child and or sexually abusing the women they met...I know of a guy who met a girl in CEBU who was accused of raping her after he arrived...It cost him over one million pesos to get out of the scam...REMEMBER; IN THE PHILIPPINES PESO IS KING..THAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE....

Just to make this very clear,  here are words that every man coming to the PI needs to answer to see if his planned actions here could qualify:

RA 9262 imposes stiff penalties on any person who commits acts of violence against

his wife, former wife, or against a woman with whom the person has or had a sexual or dating relationship or with whom he has a common child, or against her child. Punishable are acts which result in or are likely to result in physical, sexual, psychological harm or suffering or economic abuse including threats of such acts, battery, assault, coercion, harassment or arbitrary deprivation of liberty.

RA9262 section 7-i states that "causing mental or emotional anguish, public rediculed or humiliation to the women or her child, including but not limited to repeated verbal and emotional abuse and denial of financial support or custody of minor child or access to the womans child"

Any violation of the above paragraph is punishable by 6yrs to 12 yrs in prison plus a fine of 100k to 300k pesos.

Please take note of the "has or had a sexual or dating relationship" guys!!!!!

I got out of one of those situations in Cebu. I think we should make up a list of names of women who we know for certain scam men ...

Some good sites around with names and /or photos of scammers.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=phot … mp;bih=626http://www.wengdano.com/http://www.pointmancebu.com/filipina_sc … n_cebu.htmhttp://www.anti-scam.org/browse-all-scammers.htmlhttp://www.topix.com/forum/world/philip … NLAU4D1PIPhttp://simpleroma.hubpages.com/hub/What … ting-Sites

Google images, upload an image of a person and check for the number of copies:
http://www.google.com/imghp

Lets keep it going!

Beware of potential slippery slopes here.   For those of us living in the PI, we must be aware of laws that we live under.  If a lady has filed a RA9262 case and the guy post things in the media regarding her in any manner, he is subject to the court (here in the PI).  Therefore, men need to move with great caution on going to the media on any alleged scammers that could have protection under RA9262 cases.  Review the following:

"The provisions on confidentiality of these enactments uniformly seek to respect the dignity and protect the privacy of women and their children."  Sec. 29 of RA 7610 provides:

Sec. 29. Confidentiality.at the instance of the offended party, his name may be withheld from the public until the court acquires jurisdiction over the case.

It shall be unlawful for any editor, publisher, and reporter or columnist in case of printed materials, announcer or producer in the case of television and radio broadcasting, producer and director in the case of the movie industry, to cause undue and sensationalized publicity of any case of a violation of this Act which results in the moral degradation and suffering of the offended party.

Sec. 44 of RA 9262 similarly provides:

Sec. 44. Confidentiality.All records pertaining to cases of violence against women and their children including those in the barangay shall be confidential and all public officers and employees and public or private clinics or hospitals shall respect the right to privacy of the victim. Whoever publishes or causes to be published, in any format, the name, address, telephone number, school, business address, employer, or other identifying information of a victim or an immediate family member, without the latters consent, shall be liable to the contempt power of the court.
Any person who violates this provision shall suffer the penalty of one (1) year imprisonment and a fine of not more than Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (P500,000.00).

"Taking all these opinions into account and in view of recent enactments which unequivocally express the intention to maintain the confidentiality of information in cases involving violence against women and their children, in this case and henceforth, the Court shall withhold the real name of the victim-survivor and shall use fictitious initials instead to represent her.  Likewise, the personal circumstances of the victims-survivors or any other information tending to establish or compromise their identities, as well those of their immediate family or household members, shall not be disclosed."

I think you should know her well first, many woman sometimes said that they don't have yet a kid even it has. Don't give money easily unless you know her very well.

The reason sometimes of the woman here is because they are not expose to the English people, that's why they don't know how to approach foreigner, they get scared of talking English. If you really like her so much see her regularly until you come to know everything that would u like to know. Many scam around the world. I think, she would like to have money than to have tablet that's why she ask you for money instead of having tablet. Because money she can spend for something that's necessary.

I hope that this message will help you.
Good luck!

Rose25 wrote:

I think you should know her well first, many woman sometimes said that they don't have yet a kid even it has. Don't give money easily unless you know her very well.

The reason sometimes of the woman here is because they are not expose to the English people, that's why they don't know how to approach foreigner, they get scared of talking English. If you really like her so much see her regularly until you come to know everything that would u like to know. Many scam around the world. I think, she would like to have money than to have tablet that's why she ask you for money instead of having tablet. Because money she can spend for something that's necessary.

I hope that this message will help you.
Good luck!

True, the language is a factor. along with the initial shyness and different cultural expectations. Being exposed to American vs. British vs. Australian English accents alone can be a big challenge, even for many native english speakers.  However, none of those factors can explain the 3 hours/day in the cafe unless there is serious "fishing" or establishing of "back up men" to hope to meet, if one does not tell the truth and show up.

Of course, this is not an exclusive practice to the females only.  Both male/female do it (fishing), perhaps for faster gain, more sex, the fear of being scammed or just a lack of a high level of trust.

she is scamming you....not about if you can afford or not...very very rare a filipina will not back another...no matter how bad they are...if they steal from you the reply will be..."well maybe she needed the money" the 'good' girls are for the most part not 'chatters'...maybe a fb account...

take the advice of sumone here who posted 'come here n look urself'

good luck

"necessity is the mother of all invention"
Are you still offerring a tablet ? I could use one :P

Pinays online are like nigerians online,, be always aware of unatacched friendships. spite its valid for every place on this earth, its more severe in Phils. Economics justify this ?

if she wants cash instead of load via paypal, that's a red flag. :D but hey, i give her the benefit of the doubt. You better come here and see her. you dont need to spend so much money while staying here. ;) better try than sorry

wish she truelly real;)

maganda scammers at least :P

Yes! Very sad!

OzFreddie wrote:

Yes! Very sad!

I am curious, Freddie, as to what new plans, if any, you have concerning moving to the Philippines, looking for a mate.  Wishing you the best in whatever you do.

Thank you!

Currently I am going to visit the Philippines in September on my way to USA from Australia, and I will stay there fro a week, visiting some friends and staying with a wonderful lady that I have met online. If all goes well, I will be moving permanently to the Philippines early next year.

I have also met an American guy through this site who has been giving me the benefit of his experiences, as he has  a Filipina wife and has been through the whole process of living there, meeting Filipina women etc. and his help has been invaluable in choosing a suitable woman.

all what she say to you its true but open your eyes..

Yes, ESPECIALLY if you are using Cupid International. Just today friend got hit up for 5000 pesos to see family. "She' got all weird when he wanted to use PayPal as it is super safe. So, he said hold up todays newspaper and take a selfie right now and send it. 'She' says I don't want to have to pay for a paper!

Get OUT NOW!! Before everyone takes you for a sucker, dude!

Just Sayin. My pal is a dork, btw.

i just deleted my account with paypal it is so screwed up and it screwed up my bank card.. seems the idiots do not understand how someone can have a bank account in the US and live in the Philippines...they blocked my account thinking i was not myself it took me a phone call to my bank in Alaska to verify myself plus paypal can not handle phone number of my foreign address and numbers.... **** paypal i went back to VISA ....Lee

kanolee wrote:

i just deleted my account with paypal it is so screwed up and it screwed up my bank card.. seems the idiots do not understand how someone can have a bank account in the US and live in the Philippines...they blocked my account thinking i was not myself it took me a phone call to my bank in Alaska to verify myself plus paypal can not handle phone number of my foreign address and numbers.... fuck paypal i went back to VISA ....Lee

Have you tried using XOOM ? They have partnered with a lot of the local banks (BPI, Metro Bank, etc.) for remittances. xoom.com/philippines/send-money

I send myself through my bank for $4.50 for up to $5,000 daily limit. I have visa through my bank. I buy items online and thought i would try Paypal. I tried it and they could not understand how I can have a bank account stateside and live in the Philippines and would not call me in the Philippine to verify myself.. So if you want head aches with all these mickey mouse companies who are too *** lazy to or too illiterate to understand and not to update their computer hardware to enable me to put in my phone number in the Philippines then screw them. My visa works just fine without any help.. I have also heard the same horror stories with xoom from here .....

Lee