Canada to Thailand

Anyone from Canada that wants to/is living in Thailand currently? I'd love some information from anyone. Thank you :)

Hi JaSamJa,

Maybe you can give us more information in your post.
What kind of information are you looking for please?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Priscilla,

I was wondering what the steps are for going to the country and wanting to permanently stay. I know that every half a year to a year you have to renew your visa.
We are a family of four and want to do this well before the parents retire. First will be a visit for about a month, the next time would be much longer. What are the steps we need to take as fat as applying for visa and what kind of visa? As far as income, was thinking of buying a condo apartment or two and renting it out for foreigners/tourists etc.

Any further info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

JaSamJa wrote:

Hi Priscilla,

I was wondering what the steps are for going to the country and wanting to permanently stay. I know that every half a year to a year you have to renew your visa.
We are a family of four and want to do this well before the parents retire. First will be a visit for about a month, the next time would be much longer. What are the steps we need to take as fat as applying for visa and what kind of visa? As far as income, was thinking of buying a condo apartment or two and renting it out for foreigners/tourists etc.

Any further info on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Visiting should not be an issue if you are Canadian citizens. A single entry tourist visa will get you 60 days in country  that can be extended by 30 days at a local Immigration office. A visa exempt entry will get you 30 days(which can be extended).

Regarding the rest of your question, we would need to know your ages(including all family members) to recommend a visa. Buying and renting is a business so you will need to research business visas.

To be honest for what it's worth in my opinion  I would not invest my money(savings) here to buy property, it's just too risky and the ROI is not going to keep the wolf from the door. Plus you will never sell for a profit. Sorry but thats a fact.

Whatever you do do not buy off plan and pay up front!