Moving to Gothenburg and full of questions :)

Hello everyone!

My husband and I are currently entertaining the idea of moving to Sweden, as he might be offered a position in Gothenburg. We are curious about several things:

1. What would be the average salary for a directorship role, for someone with 17 years of international experience. Any approximate figure would be a great help.

2. How much are we looking to spend for rent, a central location (in Gothenburg), nice area, more than 80 m2, minimum 2 bedrooms?

3. How much are monthly living expenses for a family of three (groceries, utilities, car related costs)

4. Kindergarten. How much? How long to wait for a place? Is there an English kindergarten?

Thank you all so much in advance, any information is much appreciated.
Cheers!
:)

Hello
I was live few years in Sweden so I try to give some answers:
1 about salary you can search here:
lonestatistik.se/
2 depends If you rent from first hand or second hand,house or apartment. Is a rule that rent to be a third of the salary. Min 8.000 sek/ month a rent in central location if you are lucky to find.
Most sure is company to help you to search a home.
3depends on many I can not answer
4 Kindergarten in state system is not expensive
Good luck
Robert

To fiind an appartment in Goteborg and entire Sweden it is very difficult almost impossible, and there is a web site Boplats where you can register to fiind a house you have to pay a tax to apply there for an appartment but you must wait more than one year until you will make points and agency will contact you for visiting a house.
This is a big problem in Sweden to fiind a house, you can wait more than 3 years to be contacted by the agency,there is 1000 people wich apply for the houses and the appartment offer is very low maybe 100 per year.
I am planing to move back in Finland where you can choose what house or appartment you want and fiind it very fast.
About the salary, your husband  must ask the salary that he is agree, because he has a good experience.

For living three people 2 adult and 1 child, the rent is about 12000 - 14000 for three rooms 80 square meter because the house offers are very low, for food, internet, TV if you want to have the good food you must spend around 12 000 kr, for internet I recommend you only Telia Company, because with Comhem if you move to another house you cannot finnish your internet and tv contract, I still pay the 938 kr to Conhem despite I don't use anymore the TV and internet to my old address, and doesn't matter that Comhem couldn't install the internet and TV to my new house because they don't have cables in the area, so they didn't agree to finnish my contract and I have to pay 938 kr - 5 months more for nothing.
With Telia you can terminate your contract immediately if you move to a new house.

Be careful in Sweden the medical system is completely death for the adults and also for the kids.

GO