Which household appliances can not be found in Ghana stores?

Hello everyone!

When planning for packing belongings to ship overseas, cost is a main factor. This question is for the U.S. expats who have already relocated. Which household appliances (eg. juicers, food processors, electric plate warmers, crock pots, robot floor cleaners, ice cream makers, etc.) are easily found in the U.S. that were not available in Ghana stores? 

Is it more cost effective to pay the excess baggage fees to the airline (Delta allows ten bags per passenger) or to hire a shipping company in the U.S. that will pack and ship overseas?

If you bring electrical equipment from America you will need adaptors to change the voltage as it is 240volts here. You can get most electrical equipment here so it may be more cost effective to buy rather than ship unless your company is paying for a container

Thank you for the comment.

I was wondering about which appliances are NOT found in Ghana that are readily purchased in the U.S.A. so that I can think about what will not be necessary to bring to Ghana.

Thank you!

So sorry not to be precise but when people use e.g. it does not give the reader any idea as to what they actually intend to buy! I suggest you look at the website for Game and see the electrical items they stock and then you can see what is actually available here. You could also try melcom as they have electrical items too.
From your examples though I wonder why you would need plate warmers in a place where the temperature never falls below 23 degrees! The floors here are usually tiled so not sure about a robot floor cleaner. My suggestion would be to check on making sure that your accommidation has a powerful back up generator to cope with all these extra items. Electicity is becoming more and more expensive too. We are using about $2 a day at the moment and we are not using our aircons so only have basic electrical items like TV, lights, kettle, coffee maker, iron, computers and the oven occasionally. As soon as the temperature starts to rise it will increase to around $4!

Thank you for the comments.  It is appreciated!

The temperatures in the U.S. can get up to 100 degrees in some regions in the summer months - but we still use ovens and stoves.  Even in hot climates, it is not unusual for Americans to serve food that should be served at a hot temperature.  I suppose you haven't used a plate warmer??

As for floor cleaners, I suppose you haven't seen one?? Tiled floors don't clean themselves so I would imagine that a floor cleaner is needed -- unless you want to use a mop (why would you use that if you can turn on a cleaner)??  We may sound spoiled in the U.S. but it is a common household appliance.

Thank you for sharing the information about the daily electrical prices!  It will be expensive to pay $120 U.S. dollars each month to keep the A/C on all day and all night as we do in the U.S.!  There are some adjustments that will be required! I appreciate the information!