Tattoos in New Zealand?

Hey everyone,

My name is Elle. I plan on travelling to NZ in January and I will be backpacking for about a year. I've got a new idea for a tattoo that I want done in Black and White. Anyone know of any really good artists in NZ? I'm willing to travel to any part of NZ to get it done as long as the artist is good. I prefer Black and White realism.

:D Can't wait to travel over there!!!

daniellelorean wrote:

Hey everyone,

My name is Elle. I plan on travelling to NZ in January and I will be backpacking for about a year. I've got a new idea for a tattoo that I want done in Black and White. Anyone know of any really good artists in NZ? I'm willing to travel to any part of NZ to get it done as long as the artist is good. I prefer Black and White realism.

:D Can't wait to travel over there!!!

There are hundreds of tattoo artists in NZ. I suggest you google search and then check out various tattooists to see whether they suit you.

Well, I have. However I haven't found much that really pops out at me. I was hoping to find and talk to others that have actually been inked in NZ and their recommendations. So far I've found one that seems decent, but I'm looking for more.

There is a popular one in Hamilton called Urban Ink. They have an artist that specializes in Maori tattoos, but I guess it depends what you want done. I also know a guy who does tats, but he is a freelancer. Don't know if you want to go that route.

urbanink.co.nz/

Thanks Olivia! They have some awesome looking stuff online! As for going the freelance route, I just don't think I'm comfortable enough with that.