Looking for job

Hi,
Im here in Malta for more than 2 month and still couldn't find a job, as I'm from Russia and i need to have working permit :sosad: . I was working as a PA to CEO more than 4 years, so any administrative work will be ok for me. I have sent my CV to all the companies who are searching for russian speaking staff, but i have zero result.. only few companies answered me and asked if I have working permit..
Please help me!!!
Im really good in administration

Thanks a lot  :cheers:

Hi Anna,

'any administrative job' is not easy to find  in Malta if you don't speak Maltese. And speaking Russian might not be the best qualification at the moment considering the path Russia is taking. It is not easy to come by a work permit for the EU and it takes time and either going for low pay or having special qualifications.

So, to be exact, what do you mean by administration? Are you a secretary speaking Russian ? Or do you have specialized qualifications in administration?  PA to a CEO can mean a lot or nothing.

If you came as a tourist on a tourist visa your time will probably run out before you find a job if you have been looking for more than 2 months already. Make sure your visa does not expire !

I wish you luck.
Ricky

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. But i think 2 month its not enough to find a job in another country.. i know about visa and I have another 3 month now. As I have experience in PA position i can work very good - I know it.
So i just need to find right people and right company. I need to think positive!

What about this one? http://www.maltajobs.com.mt/jobs/secret … -director/
Still getting a work permit can be off limits for you unless you prove no other EU person is willing to take the job.

hi,
yes I know thats why I'm looking for job that requires knowledge of the Russian language.. In this case, I have more chances to get a job than EU member

There's millions native Russian speakers in Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia ...

I know, but I should try
or u have another good advice for me?

You can always try to play the refugee card :-) Just say you're persecuted in Russia.
More info here: http://www.justiceservices.gov.mt/page.aspx?pageid=160

funny :D  but it's not my style

Hi Anna,

Did you find a job finally?
Im a PA too and intending to move to Malta next year.

I saw some offers as a PA, and Im not agree with Ricky about needing Maltese. There are some with Maltese and others in which you require just English.

Hello Aranchari,

yes i've found but not as a PA. And for me the main problem was to find job where they can do working permit for me. As you are from Spain it shouldn't be a problem for you.

Wish you good luck!

Hi there this is kristine im looking for a job or employer in malta.im actually here in libya.and i cannt find ways of applying visa bec. Of the current situiation here and the embassy is still close.anyone have ideas to get job there.im a nurse here.any related job will do.thanks here my email [email protected] my number 0927365534

Hi,

according to information circulated here in Malta the Maltese Embassy is still open .

Your location in Benghazi is at least better than being in Misurata or Tripoli. You have two main problems - getting a visa and getting out of LIbya as transportation options are very limited and will get a lot worse soon!

My advice would be to contact your own Embassy as your internet connection seems to be ok. A lot of Phillipine workers have been relocated back home through the Phillipine government and the private companies they were working for. You should either sit it oiut in LIbya or try to get on to one of the special return flights and/or ferries to Malta and then on to the the Phillipines. THen you can retry the work visa process from there.

To be honest I doubt if you will get a visa for Malta as several non-EU nationals did not show up for their return flights to India and the Phillipines at Malta INternational Airport and so the authorities here are very cautious at the moment.

I do have some connections to MIsurata but that won't help you much in Benghazi

I wish you luck
Ricky