Studying Masters in Latvia

Hi All,
I am a software professional with 6 years of experience in IT Business Analysis. I studied Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology.
I have been contemplating about Masters in Europe. Lower cost of education  and international exposure is the main motivation to apply to the Lativian Universities.
I would really appreciate if someone could answer some of my doubts
I have narrowed down to the following courses and universities for the application:
Course: Masters in Business Informatics
Unisersity:Riga Technical University
Duration; 2yrs
Degree Awarded:Master of Engineering Sciences in Business Informatics

Course: Masters ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
Unisersity:Riga Technical University
Duration; 2yrs
Degree Awarded:Master of Engineering Sciences in Business Informatics

Course: Masters Business Administration
Unisersity:Turiba University
Duration; 2yrs
Degree Awarded:Master's degree in Business Administration

The cost of above programs is almost same.
I have following queries:
1.What is the quality of above program when scrutinised by International standards?(suggest some other universities which have similar courses)
2.How difficult it is to find a partime job while studying in Lativia?
3.Does Riga and Turiba have good corporate network and strong alumni?
4.Is it possible to find a job in IT sector within 3 months after completion of the masters?(In Latvia or Europe)
( I intend to stay back for atleast 2 years to gain the experince and then come back to India)
5.Is Latvia safe for Asians?(Racism?)

It would be great if the students who are currently pursuing these courses would answer my queries.
Indian students please provide your views considering that we share the simliar thought process structure.

Thanks & Regards,
Suraj

Latvian University education is considered to be rigorous but the universities are smaller and so are not prestigious like Cambridge and Oxford.

I only know that RTU graduates that we employ have excellent education and are capable. I have not come across anyone from Turiba. RTU has a strong connection to the large consultancy firms, most of whom have offices in Riga.

Part time work is not difficult to find but you will need to check the rules on your visa.

Post study work, again check on Visa status but you should be able to find something as the Latvian economy is growing albeit from a very low base after the financial crisis.

Racism is not a real issue and there are many students from Asia here already, you may encounter a bit of fascination as it is really only in the last 10 years that Latvians have been exposed to a multi-cultural world.

Thank you Phinp.

Looks like RTU has an upper hand over Turiba :-)

Non-EU students  are allowed to work for 20 hours per week(I have checked this with the Latvian consulate). But I wanted to know the availability of the part time jobs.Does  a Non-EU student face difficulty as compared to EU student?

Non-EU students get 3 months post study work job search visa(checked this with the Latvian consulate), hence I wanted to know if it is possible to find a job in IT sector within 3 months after completion of the masters?
Information with current statistics would really help me to take a well informed decision.

Thanks & Regards,
Suraj

I know that it is not one of your choices, but you should consider LCC International University's MA in International Management and MBA from Taylor University in the United States. The university is situated in Klaipeda, Lithuania. The program is a two year hybrid program, one week spent on campus in Lithuania and two weeks spent in the United States during the second year; but the rest of the classes are online, so you could live where you choose to live.

I recently graduated from the University's MA in TESOL hybrid program. So, if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Also here is a link to the program at http://www.lcc.lt/uploads/academics/maim/maim.pdf

Respectively,
Melanie

I have done my bachelors degree in mechanical engineering last year and i am planning to do my masters in lativa.
Which course should i select to secure a full time job in the one year stay back time.what's the scope of mechanical students in lativa. What extend is the possibility of securing a work visa within this period

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum.