ATTENTION: MODS

Who are the moderators of this forum ?
Are there any local inactive mods ?

I always see mods from different part of the world controlling KSA region...wouldn't it be wise to have a local mod ? I'm not complaining, I always enjoy the odd, looking for friendship, massage, party, threads.

Merci  :kiss:

PS: Mods are the best....

Here we are : https://www.expat.com/en/about.html

We don't systematically intervene, but as you can see, we keep an eye on the forum.

Should you experience any issue / read anything weird on the board, please use the "report" button

thanks ;)

Agree , local mod would be better to understand local situations :D

Julien wrote:

We don't systematically intervene, but as you can see, we keep an eye on the forum.

Should you experience any issue / read anything weird on the board, please use the "report" button

thanks ;)

:one

Julien wrote:

Here we are : https://www.expat.com/en/about.html

thanks ;)

No offence  I think the mod should be someone active who is always around regardless someone reporting or not... what would any member know if people from a particular background are conversing....for example, I've seen threads where people were communicating in a particular language and members are chiming in "English English" and mods don't intervene after 5 days +.

Someone locally will be mucho quicker. I see tons of members who are active and based on that you god fathers can select one

Any reported content is read and analyzed within a few hours (by a mod, or myself)

But somehow you're right. The first step would be to nominate an expert. I've got someone directly in mind but any suggestion will be considered, thanks

hamudi wrote:

Someone locally will be mucho quicker. I see tons of members who are active and based on that you god fathers can select one

Its not about the quanity, its about the quality. Even if the members are active doesnt make them the better bet for moderators.

Julien wrote:

Any reported content is read and analyzed within a few hours (by a mod, or myself)

But somehow you're right. The first step would be to nominate an expert. I've got someone directly in mind but any suggestion will be considered, thanks

Sweet...looking forward to it :D

saimans wrote:

Its not about the quanity, its about the quality. Even if the members are active doesnt make them the better bet for moderators.

Agreed, but if mods are good at it, they will weed out the worst and select the best...after all they are the mods  :kiss:

Hamudi,

You raised an important point I had been worried about but was afraid of putting it on the forum.

I believe that we may agree or vote for a  'volunteer Mod' and an assistant  for each country. This will keep the things more democratic and responsive.

I do not know how Julian would react on this, since this would also mean giving away a part of 'control'. :|