New members of the Zimbabwe forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Zimbabwe forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Zimbabwe if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

thanks. Im sharon im a registered nurse living in zimbabwe. Im lookin for a nursing job in zim

Hie!                                                             My name is Cuthbert.I  am a Zimbabwean. I have been living in Zimbabwe for the past thirty years and I would like to   assure everyone especially those who have the intention to come to Zimbabwe that Zimbabwe is a wonderful,peaceful and with law abiding citizens.We are a unique African nation with self desciplined citizens of exceptionally good conscience.Do not hesitate to come especially those who have never set  foot on our soils and experience the goodness of Zim

Hie am Evedence Karavhina currently am staying in Zimbabwe i wish to be in Zambia to work as draughtsman.I was at Murray and Roberts Con since 2004 up to2012.

Hi.  I m Pam and recently came to Zimbabwe with my fiancee and 3 kids aged 9,10 and 16 from Ireland. I came wth a vision to empower marginalised women by facilitating grassroots community development projects in the agriculture field especially. However its been tough. I thought I had come here prepared enough after a 2 yr preparation period but I mean learning the hard way.  I had done some research and set up a greenhouse project in Norton through some help from friends. The project was not set up properly so since we arrived I v been trying to make things work but it's tough . I enrolled the kids kid school but as you know education is money here and the standard in the schools that I thought were decent are way below.  I withdrew the kids and am home schooling them now. Its a big challenge especially that I came unprepared.  I m really struggling with very limited resourses. Fortunately my 16 yr old son is on his transition yr after writing his junior cert last june and my 2 girls are in grades 4 and 5. If anyone is home schooling please help with any resourses that you have.  I would be very grateful.  I hold a Masters Degree in Social Science (Rights and social policy) and a primary BA degree in Development Studies.  I would be grateful for any job links as my project is really lacking resources.  I am interested in any development work,  research, advocacy, project planning and management.

Thanks for listening

Hi Pam,

I am just returning from Zimbabwe, Bylawayo to be more specific, where my husband is from and moved back 6 months ago. I am planing on returning in July or September in a more definitive way. Would love to exchange more information with you!

Thanks,

im Victor a forth year student at Chinhoyi University of Technology doing a Bachelors degree in International Purchasing Logistics and Transport.Proudly Zimbabwean................. I LIKE TO WORK IN MY COUNTRY

Hi Pam, Have you heard of 'Foundations for Farming'. I have some friends who are working with that organization and it is quite active in Zimbabwe. Not big money but might just be interesting to hear more about in case you haven't.

hi i'm jennifer pursuing my  M.tech in chennai,india.i'm in my final year of my course...i wondering to work in zimbabwe..i dont know from where to start..anybody please guide me..vl be very thankful to u..

Hello
My name is Ben Washaya and have studied in Australia and Malaysia after completing my A Levels at Peterhouse. I am currently undertatking a General Agriculture Diploma at Blackfordby College on Klein Kopjies farm in Concession Zimbabwe and am looking for any farm related apprentice work or attachment from September 1 2014 for at least 6-9 months

[Moderated: post your resume in the Jobs in Zimbabwe section please]

[moderated: off topic + pls register your company in the business directory]

Hi Pam

You appear to have mixed issues and therefore a bit misleading

1. You have country issues which are not clear
2. You mix them with educational sector views
3.  Your poor project
4.  Your personal financial position

The end result is a negative perspective on Zimbabwe, which perhaps is not fair on the country as your issues are personal.

For expats, we have an excellent international school.

Hi, I'm looking at moving to live in Zim permanently. Both my parents and grandparents lived in Zim but moved out in the 90's. I have always loved Africa and it is my dream to go back! But would first like to learn more about the current situation in Zim.

gilbert govha born 1967 makoni district of manicaland. Grew up and educated there. Am a third year student at Zimbabwe Open University dong development studies. Have a passion to work with the marginalised groups in Zimbabwe rural or urban. Any developmental spheres are welcome.

hie
i am a civil engineering tech looking to be linked in namibia or mozambique for a construction jobs - on contract or permanent basis

Hie m pinky from Zimbabwe,Zimbabwe is a beautiful and blessed country.You're all welcome

(Moderated: please post in jobs section)

thank you its my pleasure

im Gladys a student at University of Zimbabwe currently studying accounting.im looking for an attachment in harare

i am An experienced and qualified accountant

thank you,im john m shoko ;28 a refrigeration and air conditioning technician

hie am sherphard a holder of s masters in business admin and a HND in  in purchasing and supply looking for a job in zim and mozambique

Hie am Pedzisai Matimbe a holder of honours degree in Agricultural Economics and Management. Am looking for a job in Southern Africa. Currently am teaching agriculture in Zimbabwe.

Hie am Ellis, a haulage truck driver.... I 've been arnd Zim. The pple r so frendly....Evrywer i go am greet wth warm welcome.... Zim is so natural & beautiful

Hi
I am new on this site, I am  from Philippines and planning to leaves the Kabul soon and find  some job opportunity in Zimbabwe does any can give me an idea how is life there in Zimbabwe, Do you think  I can find the job there soon.

Thanks,

hi
Im Alight. an undergraduate student at Midlands State University doing Marketing MANAGEMENT. Looking for attachment with effect from November 15 this. the work related learning period starts from 15 NOVEMBER 2014 to 31 January 2016.
Thank you

My name is shephard zondi,lm
a proffesional truck driver.l have travelled the whole of southern africa.
I am looking for a job

Hi i m Pride Bumhira 4rm Mutare Zimbabwe ,a 3rd year Accounting student at Mutare Polytechnic lookng 4 an accounting job

Hi folks,
The name if Desmond Kumbuka, journalist for the past 40 years back here at home, in Zambia, Kenya and short stint in Europe. Worked at Sunday Mail, Ziana, Financial Gazette  and finally Alpha Media Holdings. Now retired to freelance write, edit and publish books etc.
Will undertake designated writing assignments for a fee.

my name is conellious  alivng in zimbabwe dete am looking for ajob as a driver classes 2 coz iwhat to buy a car nissan

hi
i grew up in zim and been in eng for the last 15. i think the best way is to go for a short stint say 3 weeks , see how you feel and  hopefully that will help you in making an informed decision.

I am a 23 year old youngman doing bachelor of accountancy honours degree with University of Zimbabwe part time program. I do not know my father so Iam living with my mothers people. I am looking for a job most preferably in accounting so that I can raise fees for my studies

Greetings

I  am a 24 years old zimbabwean. i hold an Advanced Diploma in Business and Accounting (ACCA) and studying towards Acca Professional Qualification. im seeking any entry level accounting and or finance related position.

Hi my name is mandi, I did my studies in Zimbabwe and I have a diploma in culinary arts and patisserie,and im looking for a job in Zimbabwe

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

lam bernard chinyani , lam an agriculturalist. it good to be on expat.

l would like explore more opportunities to strengthen my career as an agriculturalist

Hie. Am tariq peter kapuya live in zimbabwe....am 21 years old and looking for a job as a driver

Hi Peter which part of Zimbabwe are you?

Closed