Best Reviewed Airlines

What are the best airlines overall for traveling to and fro Puerto Rico?

(Posted August 2014)

For me: any airline that's not going to the US east coast but directly to Europe. That way I avoid a long delay to clear immigration and customs on an airport at the east coast when coming back to the island. Going through immigration and customs here in San Juan takes a lot less time.
On my last trip to Holland I used Condor (Germany) on direct flights from San Juan to Frankfurt and back.

I realize that you're looking for flights from and to the mainland USA. It depends on from where you're flying I, guess. There are quite some direct flights to different US destinations. Jet Blue is popular because of their budget prices. The fly from Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale in Florida directly to PR.

Thank you for information Gary.
The reminder about on flying with Jet Blue, because of their budget prices, is appreciated, and
I'm glad you figured out the best airlines to travel for yourself.

DeborahMarchant wrote:

I'm sure other Europeans on the island (and there's a bunch of them!) will appreciate that info, too. :D

I agree with Gary 100% re flights straight from PR to Europe, of which there are very few. Flying west 6 to 9 hours from Europe to the US East Coast in order to turn around and fly 4 hours southeast to PR is annoying. And the Homeland Security lackeys have a wonderful knack for being rude and condescending even at the overseas pre-US flight screening stations (at Dublin, for instance). 

A warning to those using Jet Blue to connect to a Europe-bound flight through Boston Logan: You'll have to exit Terminal 3 completely, enter another terminal (often if not always Terminal 4), re-check in, and go through the security theatre all over again in order to get to your gate. Idiotic!

Gary wrote:
DeborahMarchant wrote:

I'm sure other Europeans on the island (and there's a bunch of them!) will appreciate that info, too. :D

I do appreciate!!!!! Thanks!

Jet blue wasn't so budget last week. It cost $400 round trip for my wife to go from Orlando to Pr. Guess it's the "high season" for travel

I'm planning on using JetBlue from Aguadilla to JFK in Oct. The prices are okay I have flown them before from JFK to Ft.Myers and the flight WS pretty good.

VbThe only problem with them is that for a second bag, it us $50.00 for 2nd bag and $75 . Also my husband says that in JFK for a departure, they make you do curbside check in and charge $2.00 per bag and that and the excess fee has to be PD with c/c

Other than that I guess it is okay. I would use Southwest but they only fly into and out of San Juan and I go from Aguadilla on the west coast.

Hi tonie0750  :cheers:

Thanks for info and best wishes on your upcoming travels!