Looking for american swing dancing studios / gatherings in Jakarta

I'm looking for dancing studios or group gatherings for people who do American swing dancing (lindy hop) in Jakarta. I did swing dancing semi-professionally when I was in states and miss it soo much! Your infos would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hi,
Are you still around and interested in swing? Pretty sure there is nothing going on in Indo yet, but I'm looking to get something started in Jakarta.  Please get in touch.  Jacob

Yeah, DO IT! Tell me when it's set up...! I'd totally join..!

Maybe we start real small, with a meet up at one of the jazz places in Kemang.  Any interest?  Know anyone else who might be?

I'll ask my friends when I see them...! I tend to think I'm the only one I know who'd be that interested...!
Would be awesome for there to be like a dance demonstration at the beginning, for those who don't know the basic steps yet... ;)

Hello, please count me in !!! i'd love to join a dance club. Would love to learn lindy hop.
a tiny issue i live in kuningan/ sudirman area so going to kemang would be ... either 9pm above on weekday or weekend would be cool !!

Please count me in thank you :)

Hello everyone :) Is this idea still going on! I would really love to join - got no lindy hop experience before but is really curious about it. PS I did some contemporary dancing last year... and please, lets meet up around Kemang or Pejaten area :))

Am still in! Never been swing dan ung but wanting to!

Guys, I am more than willing to teach anyone who is willing. I am also semi professional swing dancer and a teacher so lets choose a time and place and get this killer swing dance scene rollin in Kemang!

Wow thats fantastic!! Am still in. But am away from jkt until 5th of august. Will r in for meet up or classes or whatever!!

Am in for the weekend as i am in scbd during the weekday, traffic is horrific so cant move area on thr weekday!

Im free this sat 26 july or 9-10 aug

hi all. i'm lindy hop dancer too.
i'll going to business trip to jakarta in this week.
can i join? i hope do that :D

We probably will not have our first gathering for a few weeks but if you come back we will hopefully have something more consistent. I love Korean dancers! Best in the world! Actually. Hope your stay is excellent.

Hiya - I'll be in Jakarta mid August for a week & would love to know where I could meet other Lindy hop dancers to dance with. I also do balboa, some jive & collegiate shag. Will be staying in Kemang area so any suggestions on great jazz nights would be most appreciated too! Thanks!

PS: Had the pleasure to dance with some South Korean lindy hoppers in Sweden & they are amazing!

Thanks for your kind response.
when i visit jakarta again in next time, I hope join your gathering.
:D

can i join? 0 exp in swing dance though. willing to learn. how do we set up the time?

make a BB group/whatsapp? or anything?

https://www. facebook.com/groups/738795522833484/

Check this out everyone! Come one and all- bring your friends to start the beginning of a Swing dancing scene in Jakarta, Indonesia!

Posted the fb group link on my fb !!! or I would welcome any sooner meeting ( lol yeah like when weekday already tomorrow) OMG am so excited sorry. Been dancingless for 2.5 years and its a pain.

btw watched balboa and thats one beautiful dance.

I can teach you the basics, but I am just learning it myself.
Wanna trade swing lessons for Bahasa Lessons?

DEFINITELY. am at kemang now anyway hahah i have been spending my weekends at kemang. You know my number/fb @swing addict. I never teach before but am a pro at bahasa thats a start

Whoaaaaa I totally missed my own post! So happy for the responses, looking forward to join the next event :)

Yes pleaseee lookin fwd to meet you nstsw! :)

Please join the Facebook group Indo Swing and find out when out next event is!

I'll try to go tonight. Where should we meet up? Sorry, I'm not too familiar with the school area...

Xcellent :). Once u r at the kemang village entrance, go to the pelita harapan school lobby, its in the same complex. Meet everybody there at 6! We go together to the class cos its not accessible for publics.

i want to go event but may be i'm late...
can i join 7pm or 8pm?

Is this group still meeting? No experience, but would love to learn. I'm in the Sinarmas World Academy school area.

Yes just got home  from the lesson! Come and join us next week at 6pm at pelita harapan kemang village lobby. Join the face book group indo swing for updates!

Looking forargentinian,salsa and  american swing dancing  studios / gatherings/ nite in Jakarta

Hi all,

I tried the facebook link and it didnt work. Is this still going on? I used to dance a bit of salsa and tango. no experinced in swing. Where and when is the class?

I did tango and if you are a leader lets go to a milonga cos going solo doesnt work in jakarta ( totally different tango scende here) pm me for details

Hi,

I am not a lead and I was wondering abt the milonga here. Do we have to come with a dance partner already?

Sorta like that. Quite a tragic scene ah

Hey look up "indoswing" on Facebook the group should come up. I will soon have a website but for now just look up the Facebook group.
There is an event this Friday at Spanky's Ribs and Martini bar starting at 7:45pm beginner lesson and the social dance will go until 11pm.
Come out with or without a partner, everyone will dance with everyone!
Come have a great time!
Elsie

Hello all, I will be in Jakarta from Saturday 21 nov till Thursday27.
I lived in France, and 've thought lindy , tango n salsa for many years. If there s any dance  event in that period, or if you want a workshop , don't hesitate contacte me.
Andihop

Hi verovero,I lead in tango,  is there any tango event this saturday nite (22th Nov)
We can go together if you want.
Andihop

Oooh it s a pity, because I will arrive at jkt only on Friday midnight, is there another swing nite this weekend?

There is no swing night this coming week but if you are really into Lindy, I can organize a group who might want to dance or practise if you really want. I can find us a place to dance. During the week days that is. Even on the Saturday if you want. I am not doing anything and I am obsessed with Lindy hop. Cant get enough. Let me know.

to swingaddict,
if you have a number of people who want to learn to dance and you also have the place, why not  I can make you beginners or intermediate class Lindyhop or balboa ??