New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourself here

Hi everybody,

This is to remind you that this topic is for the introduction of the new members, like stipulated in the title here !

If you want to discuss about other issues (visas, formalities, cost of living etc), it would be best if you can create a new thread for more visibility.

Thank you all

Priscilla

Hi, Evan here. Twenty five from Dublin Ireland. Learning Russian here in Kiev and plan to start teaching soon. Just seeing if there are any people with whom I could chat in English, go for a drink etc I miss speaking English :D

Hello to all, my name is Arka and I would like to learn more about Ukraine and maybe move there when the dust settles. I am a mechanical engineer but I have worked in the logistic, maintenance and administrative sectors for most of my career. I really enjoy it and would like to use my skills to help improve industries in other developing economies and countries.

Cheers,

Hello!
This is a profile story about a little and modest Ukrainian woman living in Kyiv and willing to get work experience abroad.
My name's Hanna, I was born in a year of a dog. Love dogs, love animals! Love children!
I work as an English teacher, work with people and get inspiration of it. More experience have I in tourism and bookselling areas. But at the moment I'm willing to go for work to Montenegro because I fell in love with this country and its hospitable people!

Ukraine is a contry of contradictions but it's moving in the right direction now. And I only wish it to be strong, survive and get its deserved liberty. And I wish peace to everyone on the earth!

Love you all,
Ania

yes, I don´t speak english,I speak spanish

30's Englishman living in Kharkov

I have been in Ukraine for 3 years now and am keen to meet up with other Expats

Hello!
Do you need translation? Or you need check if your employer is reliable?

To Arka. Hello, Arka!
What would you like to know about Ukraine? And why do you want to go here?

Hi,
I am Qatar 2011, and I moved to Odessa in July. I speak English and Russian and looking for a job to teach English at the college level or to give private lessons to adults,students,or businessmen. My husband is learning Russian. I feel terrible watching what's happening in Ukraine. I hope a new Government will make drastic changes. I feel sorry to see Odessa with broken pavements and no roses that used to be in many places; however, the people are friendly, and the women are even prettier than before! We wish all the best to all people and hope to have a good life here. I might find a job somewhere else,yet eventually we will reside here.

hello,im Patricio im from Argentina ,im living in Kiev since 1 month ago im interested in find new freind here,learn a litle more of russian,and ukrainian,and hope can find more people of Argentina too
Thanks a lot!

Thanks brother

Hi..im samreen..I am a mom of three children..I live in karachi Pakistan now..and we might be shifying to kiev in a few months...I am curious about life here..

My name Victoria. I live in Odessa, Ukraine. Odessa is a big seaport in Ukraine. I am interesting in cooperation. I am looking for the business contacts abroad.  I am ready provide following services: open a representative office, advertisement in Internet, magazines, TV; looking for the clients\suppliers, logistics, work with documents. I can also take care of some trivial such as booking hotels, booking flight tickets, dining in nice restaurants or local specialty cafeteria.

Hello, I am Jeffrey. I am from Holland, and I am new on this site. My girlfriend is from Ukraine, I've been in Ukraine several times and I love the country very much. I'm keen to meet new and interesting people and know all about the country. So let me know if you're interested to share experiences and/or information 😊😊

hello , my name's Anna, i'm looking for a job in Sultanate of Oman

Hi All

My name is Basil Wood. I am a South African citizen and live in the city of East London.

I am currently taking a break from my business activities for about two years and would really like to come and work in Ukraine. I am a qualified TEFL teacher and can teach from children to adults. My certification qualifies me to teach Business, Academic and General English.

If anyone on your site can help me with any advice or contacts in Ukraine, I would be extremely appreciative.

Just so you know, I am available to start immediately.

I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards

Basil Wood
skype; basil.wood4
email: [email protected]
Mobile: +27733037080

@ Basil Wood.

This is to remind you that this thread is mainly for the introduction of the members.
So, for those looking for a job, would you be so kind to post in the appropriate section please?
Here is the link to the jobs section : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/europe/ukraine/

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi, iam an Indian .. I live in kiev .. Been just two months here .. Liked the city but no friends for now ..((

Hi Evelyn,

My name is Norlie from California.On January 13 I will be flying from Los Angeles to Kiev and fly to Dnepropetrovsk as my final destination.  I am looking for somebody I can get some idea about Ukraine.  I will be visiting a prospective wife in Dnepropetrovsk.  I will only be staying for 12 days.

Anything can help.

Thanks

When you get to Kiev airport it is a ways from town ok . I don't know what youf connections are to Demper but you will have to go to the domestic terminal ok pack light , as you will pay a lot more on domestic flight for luggage !! Demper is nice city. I would suggest flying Turkish Air The service is great and food is wionderful !!! Taxi to town should be no more than 10 dollars !!! Be Sure to bring brand new bills if you bring cash ok !!  And get a new euro type credit card that has extra protection !!!

I would also recommend that you keep kind of a low profile . Demper will have many people from the eastern part of the country there . Some of these people are blaming america for Ukraine's problems !!! Speak softly and don't stand out in public ok Be humble !!! Be polite !!! The Ukrainian people are warm and friendly !!! Just use your head !!!

Hello Norlie,
Im keith from Idaho. I will be in Ukraine starting Dec 10th. I will be in Kiev for new year celebration and interview at embassy with my fiance. After that I will be in Trans Carpathian region/western Ukraine. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Thanks a lot scubabill.  I will keep your advise in regards to public demeanor.

Thanks Keith841 and Scubabill.

1.When I get to Ukraine.  How is the accessibility to my US internet service and US browsers?

2.The lady I am meeting does not speak English.  Do you know where I can get hold of a interpreter gadget that I can use outside the hotel?

I'm not agree consern people from Dnepr. Don't worry, every thing will be OK.

Have you considered getting a cheep tablet for translation ? But even this will be hard !!! You must seek out a honest interpeter !!! I suggest you ask if she knows someone outside of the agency to do this . Maybe a friend of a friend ? Be prepared to pay 10 dollars a hour for this !! You should know a few Russian words ok !!get a lonely planet phrase book ok !!! Russian is very different from any language you have heard ok . Good Luck !!! The Ukrainians are wonderful people !!!

I did not mean to say anything bad about the people in Demper ok !!! It's just that my girlfriend ( she lives in Berdyansk ) says that some people blame the U.S. and EU for the problems in Ukraine . I am just repeating what she told me !!!

I started studying Russian at least 6 months prior to going. I dated a few girls that did not speak any English and It was a very frustrating experience. With the translator sitting there helping, you will still have misunderstandings and that will cost $10 minimum per hour. Alot of the translators I noticed have raised to $15 per hour. Without the translator it is an extremely frustrating experience with constant misunderstandings or no understanding at all. Without a human translator It's absolutely necessary to have an internet connection at all times for translation or all you do is stare at each other. you try to explain something to her and she will have no idea of what you are trying to say. Been there done that. My fiance has a good grasp on basic english and all our communication is in English. Although I like to try and speak Russian to her so I can learn.   Ive known guys who marry Russian speakers and they put the responsibility on her to learn English and not them to learn Russian. Thats wrong and it is absolutely YOUR responsibility to also learn HER language. Something else I have noticed is alot of American guys get the Ukrainian or Russian wife, bring her to USA and then have no interest in ever going back there again and get upset when she wants to go visit her family. Wrong!  You will be fully expected to travel to Ukraine to visit her family once a year and you should stay at least three or four weeks. Be prepared to spend money. ALOT of money.

I agree with the above post 99 percent !!! My future wife's mother lives in Russia and she is only child , so other than a visit to mother she has no kin in Ukraine . We might keep a small house that I am helping her fix up . I think trips back to Ukraine depend on your woman . And let's face it , there are parts that you might not to visit anyway !!! Example I don't think I would let wife visit Donestk right now !!!

Hi,dear,
My name is Marina, and I am an American who lives now in Ukraine. I speak Russian/English, and I am a friendly person. If you nee a translator, please send me an e-mail:  [email protected]
Good luck.

Hi everyone,

My name is Serhii. I am from Sumy city that is situated in the Northern-East part of Ukraine, closer to Russia.

(Moderated: inappropriate)

Hi All!
I will be traveling to Kiev Dec 13 and was wondering if any events or activities are happening? Im also looking to have a guide to see the local sights etc... Thanks for any recommendations

Michael

Hi everyone,
I have been in Kyiv on and off since March this year, commuting from Kabul where I was for a few years. Now finished there and taking a rest here until the next project comes up and my commute will be between Kyiv and Tallinn for the time being.
Would be great to meet up for a chat and a drink sometime...
Paul

Hi Galia ! I'm Fernando from Spain, I'm working in Odessa... How are you ?

Hi Victoria... I'm living in Odessa. I have opened some business in Odessa... Contact me if you want !

Fernando Odessa wrote:

Hi Victoria... I'm living in Odessa. I have opened some business in Odessa... Contact me if you want !

Hi, Fernando,
My name is Marina, and I am an American who emigrated from Odessa long time ago. I wonder how long have you been waiting for a permanent visa. My husband has to leave  each time after 90 days. It's a disaster...What kind of business did u open. Interested in English-Russian translation? Good luck with business!

Hi all, I live in Kiev and I was born here. I registered here to learn legacy problems which expats meet in Ukraine. I need it for my work. I probably will be able to help you in some questions just altruistic. So please let me know putting a legacy subject here. And good luck to all of you!!

Hi,dear Olga,
i would like to know if you can help with the problem of registration...All my life before I emigrated to US, I lived in dacha.Now when I came back with my American husband, I was told that there is no registration in dacha where my brother lives and where we grew up. Now we are facing a terrible problem. The new law came regarding registration on dachas and sadovix ychastkax, but one nachalnitsa told me that she wouldn't register me in the place where we just built a house, invested a lot of money, and we always lived there. Please respond to my personal e-mail: [email protected]

If I wish to register a business how do I do that under the current law? Is it better to wait for new laws or to go ahead now? I have permanent residence in Ukraine.

Hi everyone,

My name is Walter and I currently live in Dnepropetrovsk.  My wife, son and I move here in July 2014 from Donetsk to get away from the war.   We love Donetsk and would like to return there, but obviously that is not possible at this time.  I am 59 years old, retired from the financial industry in Florida.  It would be nice to communicate with other English speakers and even get together for lunch or drinks if you happen to be in my city or me in yours.   I hope everyone is doing well as these days in Ukraine can be a bit difficult as you know.  But I still love it here and don't want to leave if at all possible.   Contact me.   Let's talk.

Walter

Closed